The New BMW M5's Configurator Is Now Live
Forget Build-A-Bear. It's time to Build-A-Bavarian Sports Sedan.
BMW fans, drop what you're doing. The new M5's online configurator is now live. I repeat, the new M5's online configurator is now live. For those unfamiliar, it's sort of like a virtual Build-A-Bear if Build-A-Bear ever rebranded to Build-A-Bavarian Sports Sedan.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you value productivity), BMW's configurator won't likely eat up that much of your time since it only offers a handful of paint colors, all of which are some shade of blue, beige, or black. Bummer. Once you've chosen which particular hue you'd like your M5 to be sprayed in, you can then choose whether you'd like black wheels, a moonroof, and gold-calipered, carbon ceramic brakes.
On the inside, BMW offers a respectful smattering of upholstery and trim options including leather in your choice of white, black, or Aragon Brown and dash pieces that come in dark wood, light wood, dark carbon, light carbon, or piano black.
Presented with these options, the most flamboyant looking car we could come up with was a turquoise, er, Snapper Rocks Blue M5 with black wheels, gold brakes, and a cabin drowned in brown.
- RELATED2018 BMW M5 First Drive in Portugal: Welcome to the 600-HP ClubA trick 4WD system, bravura handling and—naturally—more power make for a much-improved M5.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 BMW M5 Will Start at $103,595The six-figure BMW will have 600 horsepower and all-wheel drive.READ NOW
- RELATEDA BMW M5 Competition Pack Is Already in the WorksA beefed up and tweaked version of the new M5 is reportedly "closer than you'd think."READ NOW
- RELATEDAll-New 2018 BMW M5 Is Exactly the 600-HP, AWD Sport Sedan We ExpectedSometimes there's nothing wrong with meeting expectations.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This BMW M5 Catch Fire While StoppedYeah, that's one hot M5.READ NOW