NISMO Festival 2017 Was an Homage to the Nissan GT-R
Nissan turned Fuji Speedway into heaven for fans of Godzilla.
Nov. 26 was a great day to be a NISMO fan. That's the day when the 20th annual NISMO Festival took place. Just like last year's event, this car show at Fuji Speedway was dedicated to the iconic Nissan Skyline GT-R. With Mount Fuji looming in the background, more than 28,000 fans attended the event to witness the ultimate GT-R celebration.
Nissan brought countless NISMO vehicles to the track to take part in the NISMO Grand Prix, Z-Challenge Exhibition, and Racing GT-R Heritage Run that featured 16 legendary Skylines. Famous cars in attendance included a couple of late '90s Le Mans-winning GT-Rs, Bathurst-winning GT-R NISMO GT3, 2011 FIA GT1 World Championship-winning GT-R, and multiple Skyline GT-R R32s––just recently named NISMO fans' favorite race car.
Fans not keen on racing could enjoy plenty of festival activities, including a huge Nissan aftermarket display, merchandise stores, and race car driver autograph sessions. Celebrity NISMO racers Erik Comas, Hagiwara Osamu, Tsuchiya Keiichi, and Takahashi Kunimitsu all attended the show.
In keeping with the emphasis on the R32 GT-R, Nissan also utilized the festival to debut a new heritage program that will provide parts for original R32 Skylines starting Dec. 1.
- RELATEDExperience a Nissan GT-R Meet-Up Like None Other in This VideoLeave your local supercar meet behind and visit every GT-R fan's dream festival.READ NOW
- RELATEDGT-R and 1JZ Events Pack Fuji Speedway at the Same TimeOwners of the legendary straight-six Nissan RB and Toyota JZ engines gather at Fuji Speedway.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Onboard Footage from a Calsonic R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R at FujiThe Calsonic R32 GT-R dominated all comers in the early 1990s.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Nissan GT-R Now Priced $10,000 Lower With Entry-Level 'Pure' ModelThe Pure model GT-R does away with Bose stereos, active noise management, and titanium exhausts.READ NOW
- RELATEDRide Onboard the 1973 Nissan 240ZG at Fuji SpeedwayWatch the iconic 1973 Nissan 240ZG lap Fuji Speedway during Nissan's annual NISMO Festival.READ NOW