These Rental Car Companies Rank the Highest in Customer Satisfaction
The latest study from J.D. Power says sharply lower rental rates are making for more satisfied drivers.
Satisfaction with the rental car experience is on the rise, but not necessarily for reasons the auto rental industry can get too excited about.
According to the latest rental car satisfaction study from J.D. Power, customers say they are more satisfied in 2017 compared to previous years. Overall satisfaction improved—driven mainly by decreasing rental rates & fees. The average reported daily rental car price has dropped $11 per day this year.
For the fourth consecutive year, Enterprise ranked highest and stood out in five factors: costs and fees, pick-up process, rental car, return process and reservation process.
National was ranked second, and Alamo finished in third. Both brands are owned by parent company Enterprise Holdings.
Hertz finished as the fourth highest ranked brand with Avis rounding out the top five. Both Hertz and Avis received a Power Circle rating of three.
“Lower prices are having a positive effect on perceived value for renters, which is raising overall levels of satisfaction, but several other key quality measures—notably, wait times and problems with the pick-up and return processes—have not improved over the past four years. But cheaper daily rental rates overcome those negatives for most renters,” said Michael Taylor, Travel Practice Lead at J.D. Power in a news release.
The study is based on responses from 11,177 business and leisure travelers who rented a vehicle at an airport location from August 2016 through August 2017.
- RELATEDStolen Rental Lamborghini Huracan Spyder Found in Shipping ContainerA London car spotter reportedly found the stolen Lambo in a shipping container destined for West Africa.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Crash the World’s Most Dangerous Rental CarFor us, the Mille Miglia starts in a smoke-filled room and ends in a twisted heap of Morgan +8.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin and Enterprise Are Offering One Hell of a DealMaking it easier than ever to hop into a DB9 or a Rapide S.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM to Rent Bolt EV to Freelance Drivers Through Maven GigGeneral Motors is renting out Chevrolet Bolt EVs to rideshare and delivery drivers through their Maven Gig program.READ NOW
- RELATEDHagerty Rolls Out 'DriveShare' to Rent Out Classic Cars Direct from OwnersFeel like snagging a mint 1971 Ferrari Daytona Spider for the day? How about a spotless 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS?READ NOW