Audible is Giving Away 20 Brand New Volvo XC60s
Giving away 20 Volvos for 20 years of listening sounds like a fair deal.
The contest title does exactly what it sounds like, as next year marks the 20th anniversary of the audiobook purveyor's claim to fame. Audible introduced the first mass-produced digital audio player to complement its website in January of 1998. Ten years later, Audible was acquired by Amazon.com, expanding its reach to millions more listeners.
The site is eager to celebrate early, and 20 lucky Audible members who participate in the contest will win a brand new Volvo luxury crossover, thanks to Amazon's deep pockets. The company picked the XC60 for it's impressive safety, technology, and Audible app integration, and optimized each vehicles' Bower & Wilkins audio system for the best storytelling experience.
Entering to win takes just a few steps and is one that any Audible member in the United States over the age of 18 can do. All you need to do is submit a 30-second video explaining why you enjoy listening to audiobooks on the website. The company encourages participants to get creative, so originality and authenticity is key to creating a Volvo-worthy clip.
Audible will review and post all approved videos on its website and social media, and wants the public to vote on the best videos. The deadline for submission ends Oct. 13.
For those looking for inspiration, Audible recruited narrating veterans like Nick Offerman to create their own videos, but you needn't worry about competing with Ron Swanson in the actual contest.
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Is For AudiophilesREAD NOW
- RELATED2018 Volvo XC60 T8 Review: Loads of Impressive Tech, Not That You'd Notice—and That's the PointWith a twincharged hybrid powerplant and every imaginable safety system, over-complication was a real threat. But simply put, Volvo (mostly) nails it.READ NOW
- RELATEDPhotographer Uses a Volvo XC60's Cameras for Photos, Promote SafetyWho needs a DSLR when you have a luxury car?READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Announces the XC40, Its First Compact SUVThe XC40 proves that you don't have to give up luxury or safety in a compact.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolestar Pushes Volvo XC60 to 421 HP With New Performance PackVolvo's compact crossover's transmission has also been re-tuned for sportier shifts.READ NOW