Nissan Announces New Pathfinder Features and Pricing
Nissan's handsome mid-sized SUV gets technology upgrades and a Midnight Edition.
The new Nissan Pathfinder is getting a technology upgrade.
After last year's model showed off a much-needed facelift, the 2018 Pathfinder will be the first model in Nissan's lineup to be equipped with Rear Door Alert, which reminds drivers of items in the backseat and will hopefully prevent children from being locked in a hot car.
The Pathfinder will also come standard with automatic emergency braking, a safety assist that Nissan plans to add to more than a million of its 2018 vehicles. It's clear that Nissan is taking a page from Volvo's playbook in order to make all of its cars as crash-proof as possible.
Beginning at $30,790, the 2018 Pathfinder comes in four trim levels with available front- or four-wheel drive. A fully-loaded Pathfinder Platinum 4WD can set you back as much as $44,010. Scarlet Ember (red) and Midnight Pine (light gray) has been added to the Pathfinder's exterior color palette. Nissan is also considering other packages and more features, to be revealed later.
The $37,500 SL gets the most standard features, starting with four new USB ports, the Nissan ConnectSM infotainment system and Intelligent Cruise Control. It will also receive Nissan's iconic Midnight Edition package featuring lots of black exterior accents, better lighting and unique badging.
The Pathfinder ME will be available in Magnetic Black, Pearl White or Gun Metallic.
With room for seven people and plenty of new technology, the new Nissan Pathfinder could make for a good family vehicle without soccer-mom stigma or the lackluster looks of a minivan.
- RELATEDThe 2018 Nissan Armada Starts at $45,600Nearly 400 horsepower and room for 8 passengers? Sure!READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Nissan 370Z Remains at $29,990The 2018 370Z's price remains the same, and there's still no word of the next Z car.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Adds 'Midnight Edition' Packages to 3 Truck Models During Solar EclipseNissan shrouds its lineup in darkness just in time for the moon to do the same.READ NOW
- RELATEDMost 2018 Nissans to Come With Automated Braking StandardUnless it's a NISMO model or has a stick.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is the All-New 2018 Nissan LeafMore power, more range, and more usability—but will it be enough?READ NOW