Forza Motorsport 7 New, Returning Features Confirmed
Some of the most popular features from previous titles will be integrated.
Last week, The Drive listed a new set of European cars confirmed for the upcoming circuit racing game, Forza Motorsport 7. This week's Forza Garage announcement is less about specific cars, and more about returning game features absent from recent Forza Motorsport titles—with an emphasis on special Forza Edition cars, community events, and the auction house.
In particular, the Forza Edition vehicles introduced in 2016's Forza Horizon 3 are confirmed to be making their debut in this October's Forza Motorsport 7, where they will likely replace the "Team Forza" cars seen in the fifth and sixth installments of the Forza Motorsport series. Those cars were specially-liveried, but poorly tuned vehicles made free to new players.
The Forza Edition vehicles are visually distinct, sporting specially-designed liveries and wide body kits; they're equally special underneath, with special suspension setups fine-tuned by Turn 10 Studios, with some even being built with drifting in mind. These cars may replace the "unicorn" cars from previous Forza Motorsport titles, which were rare models available only as a gift from Turn 10 Studios or as prizes for community events. These Forza Edition vehicles, when used, will grant bonuses to in-game XP or credits earned, allowing the player to progress through the game faster.
Forza Edition cars can be earned in the single player Forza Drivers Cup, as well as the Forzathon community events, which are a limited-time set of challenges for players to beat in order to earn special cars. In addition, these cars will be sold by Turn 10 Studios through a returning feature not seen in a Forza Motorsport title since 2011: the auction house.
Buyers of VIP membership, which, in previous games allowed access to five cars and periodic gifts from Turn 10 Studios, will instead receive five Forza Edition cars at launch. These are the included cars:
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Forza Edition
- 2013 Ram Runner Forza Edition
- 2012 Nissan GTR Forza Edition
- 1992 Ford Escort RS Forza Edition
- 2014 BMW M4 Forza Edition
Additionally, Turn 10 Studios confirmed that the 2017 Ford GT will receive its own Forza Edition variant, pictured above.
Forza Motorsport 7 launches October 3.
- RELATEDForza Motorsport 7's Newest Set of European Cars RevealedHailing from Europe, Australia, and beyond, these classics, supercars, and everything in between can be driven in Forza Motorsport 7.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7 Add Hoonigan Car PackDrift in style with the newest cars in 2 of Forza's games, courtesy of Ken Block.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese American Muscle Hero Cars Are in Forza Motorsport 7Turn 10 Studios has released the latest batch of cars confirmed for their upcoming racing game.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza Motorsport 7 Won't Include Any Toyota Road CarsNo Supra for you.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere Are 77 Japanese Cars You Can Drive in Forza Motorsport 7Get your Gran Turismo on in Forza.READ NOW