The Range Rover Evoque Is the Most Popular Car Among U.K. Footballers
That's "footballer" as in Ronaldo, not Brady.
It looks like compact crossovers really have taken over the automotive world.
According to data compiled by U.K. luxury car financiers JBR Capital and reported by Motoring Research, a top ten list of cars most popular with British premier league footballers (that's the sport that's actually played with feet) places the Range Rover Evoque as numero uno. Yep, the Range Rover Evoque. Not a Lamborghini, not a Ferrari, not a Bentley, but the smallest Range Rover SUV co-designed by Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham herself. On second thought, perhaps her famously sure-footed husband had something to do with this...
Considering the average Premier League soccer player earns the equivalent of around $3.2 million, the relatively humble Evoque is unlikely to be any of these guys' only car. However, we could see how it would make for a quality daily driver for moments when one just wants something incognito, high-riding, plush, easy to navigate, and decently luxurious. Futbol superstars—they're just like us!
The rest of the list, however, conforms much closer to the flashy pro athlete stereotype.
- Range Rover Evoque
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Mercedes-Benz Onyx G6 GLE Coupe
- Bentley Continental GT
- Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lamborghini Huracan
- Jeep Wrangler Kahn Sahara
- Porsche 911 GTS
- Bentley Bentayga
- McLaren 675LT Spider
Okay, so maybe they aren't like us at all.
- RELATEDThe Citified, Off-Road-Capable Range Rover Evoque Is the Definition of ‘Crossover’In the case of the weird-looking-but-posh Evoque, beauty really is on the inside.READ NOW
- RELATEDCristiano Ronaldo Poses Awkwardly With New Lamborghini, Instantly Is MockedBless the citizens of the Internet.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Scores Naming Rights for D.C. United's New Soccer StadiumWe've been told there are a lot of Americans who really like soccer. Apparently some of them work at Audi.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Bugatti Chiron Is Cristiano Ronaldo-Approved in This New VideoNow the soccer superstar just has to get a Bugatti Chiron for himself.READ NOW
- RELATEDTom Brady, Aston Martin Join Forces for Sponsorship DealAnd the partnership between Captain America and England’s niche luxury automaker makes more sense than you think.READ NOW