You Can Now Buy a New Polaris Slingshot for Under $20,000
The 2018 Polaris Slingshot lineup offers something like a bargain price.
The lineup of the Slingshot, the quirky, three-wheeled quasi-motorcycle thing that Polaris calls an "open-air roadster" just got a little bigger and the cost of entry got a little lower. The new lineup consists of four different models and an all-new infotainment system called Ride Command. All Slingshots are powered by the same GM Ecotec 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine which makes 173 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque lashed to a five-speed manual transmission.
Ride Command has a 7-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth, a USB port, and customizable screens. Navigation is standard on Ride Command for the SLR and SLR LE models and optional on the S and SL Slingshots.
The base model is now called the Slingshot S and it’s starting price is $19,999, which is $2k lower than last year’s base model. It’s only available in black, it doesn’t come with a windshield, and the Ride Command system is optional.
Upgrade to the Slingshot SL and you’ll get Ride Command with optional navigation, a windshield, a backup camera, and Rockford Fosgate premium audio for a starting price of $25,499.
The SLR trim adds some extra sportiness and convenience to the Slingshot. Starting at $28,999, it comes standard with navigation, sportier seats, a Sparco steering wheel, forged aluminum wheels, a fat 305mm rear tire, two-piece composite brake discs, and a tinted windshield.
Finally, there’s the range-topping SLR LE trim which is new for 2018. If you spring $30,999 for the Slingshot SLR LE you get Bilstein suspension, an upgraded 200 watt Rockford Fosgate audio system, and premium sport seats with side bolsters that match the color of your Slingshot.
Look for the new and improved Slingshots in Polaris dealers this September.
- RELATEDPolaris Slingshot Recalled Again To Fix Problem Caused By Previous RecallIt's Groundhog Day for the quirky three-wheeler.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolaris Had a Good Quarter After Killing Victory MotorcyclesIndian is where the money’s at.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch and Hear the Badass New Indian Scout BobberNo tassels to be found here.READ NOW
- RELATEDRJ Anderson Backflips a Polaris RZR in Latest XP1K FilmStart your Tuesday with some off-road insanity in the ultimate UTV.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Diesel Brothers Are Having Way Too Much Fun with Their Lifted Polaris RZRAnd the RZR community is divided.READ NOW