Check Out This Vozz Strapless Motorcycle Helmet
The company claims that this new helmet design helps limit wind noise.
A company called Vozz is turning motorcycle safety on its head. The brand has developed a new helmet called the RS 1.0 with a one-of-a-kind strapless design that goes on your head like a clamshell.
The main benefit of this design is ease of removal by emergency responders in case of an accident. However, that raises the question, are all emergency responders going to know how to take these things off? Everybody knows how to remove a strap or just cut it off, this is a unique design.
Vozz did plan for that by putting a QR code on the side of the helmet that gives instructions on how to safely remove a helmet, but that sounds like it would take a lot more time than removing a strap. However, as demonstrated in the video below, it can be removed while keeping the rider’s back straight which would be beneficial in an accident with a back injury.
Other benefits include less wind noise since the shell of the helmet can go under your chin, ease of taking on and off while wearing glasses, and it’s almost impossible for it to fall off unintentionally since it creates a more solid seal around the bottom of your head. To me, the most convenient part of the clamshell design is being able to put it on and take it off easily while wearing gloves.
The Vozz RS 1.0 has only been on the market for a couple weeks, but Vozz is hoping to have a helmet on the track in MotoGP within 16 months.
The new helmet is DOT and ECE 22/05 certified and it’s available for purchase right now in eight colors. With the current exchange rate, it costs $609.81 USD which makes it competitive with some top-of-the-line helmets from proven, experienced brands.
- RELATEDBrakeFree Motorcycle Helmet Brake Light Helps Riders Be SeenIt's wireless—and more affordable than you might think.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Development of a Motorcycle Racing Helmet From the Lab to the TrackJoin MotoGP champ Jorge Lorenzo behind the scenes during the making of the Shark Race-R Pro Profile helmet.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe NUVIZ Motorcycle HUD Could Change the Way You RideWe've seen a lot of vaporware like this, but the NUVIZ head-up display is real and shipping now.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Shoei RF-1200 Helmet Does Everything You Want and Need, and Then Adds Some MoreComfortable, aerodynamic, well-ventilated, great visibility—and all the gimmicky add-ons actually work.READ NOW
- RELATEDHJC Adds New Iron Man and Spider-Man Graphics to Motorcycle HelmetsYou now have multiple options for DOT approved Iron Man and Spider-Man helmets.READ NOW