The Grand Tour Series 2 Will Premiere This October
T-minus approximately four months until the return of Clarkson, Hammond, and May.
"October is when you'll first be able to see it," says May. "But after that, you'll be able to see it whenever you want, of course. I'm told to say that," he adds, in yet another quintessential Dad-moment.
Whenever the—dare I say it—mainstream media covers the Amazon Prime car show, talk of money is usually not far behind. When The One Show's Matt Baker predictably probed Captain Slow on how much cash was spent this time around, he replied in jest, "as little as possible."
"No, it's about the same, I would think. It is quite an expensive show to make." The stripey-jumper enthusiast quickly then pivoted to more pressing and interesting matters such as what viewers can expect entertainment-wise.
"There's a lot of travel involved. There's a lot of crew involved. There's a lot of tech involved, filming in 4K. But that's boring stuff. It's going to look largely the same, but we've moved it on a bit in a way that I can't really tell you about yet because you're the enemy and it's secret!" Interesting. So it's gonna be essentially the same dish as before with a few new garnishes to keep things fresh—exactly what this automotive television diner ordered. This is comfort food we're talking about, after all.
- RELATEDThe Grand Tour Boys Caught Filming in CroatiaAriel Nomad and Audi TT RS set to appear in Series 2 of the Amazon Prime car show.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grand Tour May Be The Most Pirated TV Show EverTake that, Game of Thrones.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grand Tour Signals the Final Golden Age of MotoringThe ex-Top Gear hosts gleefully—but gently—nibble the hands that feed the auto-journalism industry.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grand Tour’s Richard Hammond Links Ice Cream to HomosexualityTurns out the Hamster has strong socio-sexual feelings toward certain puddings.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat's Under The Hood Of The Nissan Patrol That Spanked A Porsche 918 In 'The Grand Tour'?Here's what it takes to build a giant brick on four wheels to beat Porsche's 900 hp supercar.READ NOW