LAST UPDATED: February 9, 2021
The Best 2-Piece Spinning Rods (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Consider these 2-piece spinning rods to make the most of your fishing trip.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
PUBLISHED ON February 9, 2021
Whether you're an avid fisherman or simply enjoy casual fishing trips, one necessity is a high-quality fishing rod. Spinning rods are a user-friendly, versatile, and convenient tool for your fishing excursion. A 2-piece spinning rod is convenient because you can easily break the pole down into two sections to fit it in your backpack, luggage, or within your vehicle or boat when it's not in use. Two-piece spinning rods are available in several different types to best fit your fishing needs. These fishing rods are great for beginners, but they are also an excellent option for experienced fishermen. Whether you are looking for great value, durability, versatility, or a user-friendly design, we look at the best 2-piece spinning rods available on the market. Read on to determine which 2-piece spinning rod is the best fit for your fishing needs.
Made from carbon matrix KastFlex graphite, which is incredibly durable and sensitive. Extremely versatile and built to fit a variety of styles.
- Fuji line guides allow for superior casting distance and extreme accuracy
- Reel seats are made from high-strength nylon for a stable base and all-day comfort
- Performs just as well and with as much sensitivity as a one-piece spinning rod
- Issues with the tip of the rod
- Tip can easily break off if you are not careful with it
Constructed from IM6 Carbon matrix technology to maximize durability, performance, and sensitivity. Non-slip EVA and cork handle for an excellent grip.
- Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts allow for smooth performance, minimizes friction, and prevent lines from sticking into the guides
- Tip of rod designed to prevent the fishing line from twisting
- Durable plastic reel seat with double locking structure easy to assemble and disassemble
- Issues with its durability
- Has snapped on some customers, but it does come with a great warranty. If your rod does break, reach out to the company
Extremely reliable product. The 2-piece spinning rod is one of the most lightweight rods available. Incredibly durable and comfortable.
- TAC handle provides excellent grip for all types of fishing conditions
- More durable than cork
- Provides excellent grip, even in wet conditions
- Titanium guides help to eliminate tangles in your fishing line, as well as insert pop-outs
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- An issue with ease of use
- Not as user-friendly as some other models, so it is not the best fishing rod for beginners or casual fishermen
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of 2 Piece Spinning Rod
- Portable. Perhaps the most obvious benefit of 2-piece spinning rods is that they can be broken down into two parts to easily fit within your backpack or luggage while traveling. It also is extremely convenient for storage purposes to be able to store your pole in your vehicle or boat without taking up much space.
- Sensitive. Another major benefit of 2-piece spinning rods is their sensitivity. Although some may argue that a one-piece rod is more sensitive, most modern 2-piece spinning rods are quite sensitive to allow you to notice any bite on your line.
- Durable. Two-piece spinning rods can be made from a variety of materials, but no matter what they are constructed from, most rods are quite sturdy and reliable. High-quality spinning rods are rust-resistant and built to withstand the test of time.
Types of 2 Piece Spinning Rods
Heavy spinning rods weigh the most of the three types of spinning rods. This type of spinning rod will bend the least. A heavy spinning rod is needed if you will be using heavy bait rigs and lures. This type of rod is usually of an average length, but heavy rods can be shorter or longer length rods, depending on your style and preferences.
Medium spinning rods are the most common type of spinning rod. This type of spinning rod has some bend, but it is still a great option for many types of bait rigs and lures. Medium spinning rods can be both shorter or longer, depending on your fishing style and individual preferences.
Light spinning rods are the lightest of the three types of spinning rods. This type of spinning rod has the most bend of any type of spinning rod. A light spinning rod is meant to be used for the lightest bait rigs and lures. Light spinning rods are typically shorter length or average length, so if you prefer a longer rod you may want to consider one of the other types of spinning rods.
Founded in 2011 by a group of friends in Syracuse, N.Y., KastKing has developed into a reputable, household name for fishing reels, rods, lines, and accessories. The company distributes fishing products throughout the entire United States and over 150 countries. In addition to 2-piece spinning rods, KastKing manufactures casting reels, ice fishing rods, fly fishing lines, gloves, fillet knives, and more.
Founded in 2011, Plusinno has become one of the most reliable, affordable, and quality manufacturers of fishing gear and accessories. The company ships fishing products throughout the United States. In addition to 2-piece spinning rods, Plusinno produces tackle boxes, fishing nets, fishing reels, fishing tools, and more.
Fenwick is one of the extremely reputable brands of Pure Fishing, a collection of angler brands, known for shipping modern fishing products around the globe. In addition to 2-piece fishing rods, Fenwick produces fly fishing rods, rod and reel combos, ice fishing rods, apparel, and more.
2 Piece Spinning Rod Pricing
- Under $50: Two-piece spinning rods in this price range are available at an excellent value. Make sure to read all of the reviews to ensure that your spinning rod is properly sized and fits your fishing preferences before making your final purchase.
- $50-$100: This is the most common price range for two-piece spinning rods. Products in this price range are available in a variety of types, lengths, and they are typically quite reliable and durable.
- $100 and up: Two-piece spinning rods in this price range are priced at a premium. These spinning rods are typically the highest quality, most durable, and sometimes even come with several special features or accessories.
The length of your 2-piece spinning rod is one of the most important features to consider. Whether your rod is heavy, medium, or light, it typically is available to purchase in a variety of lengths, ranging from six feet to eight feet long. Longer poles are typically meant for professionals but choose a size that is the best fit for your needs. Most rods can be compacted to a size between three and four feet when taken apart.
The type of material that your 2-piece spinning rod is made from is another important consideration. Two-piece spinning rods can be made from fiberglass, graphite, carbon fiber, and more. Fiberglass is a more heavy-duty material, while carbon fiber is more lightweight. Carbon fiber rods are more expensive, but they are generally easier to use due to the smaller weight of the rod.
It is essential when shopping for a 2-piece spinning rod to find one that is easy to operate. Most 2-piece spinning rods are known for being user-friendly, and they can easily be used by both casual fishermen and professional anglers. Make sure to read all of the reviews or test out your rod before using it if possible to make sure it is a proper fit for your specific needs.
- Reliability. The reliability of your 2-piece spinning rod is another important consideration. The most reliable spinning rods are typically the most durable products built to withstand years of extensive use. Finding a reliable rod is important because it can also affect the stability of your pole while fishing, and a reliable rod is usually made from a high-quality, rustproof, and weather-resistant material.
- Price. The price of your 2-piece spinning rod is something that needs to be considered. If you are shopping on a budget, you can still find a quality product. If you are a professional fisherman or price is not a factor, you may want to consider a higher-priced rod with quality construction and many special features.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are important considerations when shopping for a 2-piece spinning rod. Most reputable outdoor or fishing equipment manufacturers will include some type of warranty with their product. Make sure to purchase a 2-piece spinning rod with a warranty that will at least cover any manufacturing defects or immediate issues with your product after its first few uses.
Best 2 Piece Spinning Rod Reviews & Recommendations 2021
If you're looking for a high-quality 2-piece spinning rod, the KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rod is a good option. This spinning rod is made from carbon matrix KastFlex graphite, which is durable and sensitive. No matter how you like to fish, this spinning rod is versatile and built to fit a variety of styles. The Fuji line guides allow for excellent casting distance and accuracy. The reel seats are made from high-strength nylon for a stable base and all-day comfort. Even though this rod can be broken down into two pieces, it performs just as well and with as much sensitivity as a one-piece spinning rod. Whether you prefer bass fishing or trout fishing, this spinning rod is an excellent addition to your collection.
One downside of the KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rod has to do with its tip. The tip is not quite as stable as some other fishing rods, and it can easily break off if you are not careful with it.
The Plusinno Elite Hunter Fishing Rod is another good option at an affordable price. This 2-piece spinning rod is constructed from an IM6 Carbon matrix technology to maximize durability, performance, and sensitivity. There is also a non-slip EVA and cork handle for better grip while fishing. Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts allow for smooth performance, minimize friction, and prevent lines from sticking into the guides. The tip of this rod is designed to prevent the fishing line from twisting while partaking in panfish, trout, bass fishing, and more. The durable plastic reel seat with a double locking structure is easy to assemble and disassemble in just a few minutes. This fishing rod is versatile, and it can be used with all types of fishing lines.
One issue with the Plusinno Elite Hunter Fishing Rod is its durability. The rod has snapped on some users, but it does come with a great warranty. So if your rod does break, reach out to the company in case it is covered under warranty.
Although it is priced at a premium, the Fenwick HMG Spinning Fishing Rod is a reliable product. This 2-piece spinning rod is one of the most lightweight rods available, yet it is durable and comfortable. The TAC handle provides great grip for all types of fishing conditions. This design is advertised to be more durable than cork, and it provides reliable grip, even in wet conditions. The titanium guides help to eliminate tangles in the fishing line as well as insert pop-outs. Another benefit with Fenwick fishing rods is that they come with limited lifetime warranties, which will cover any manufacturing defects as long as you own the product. The company has been in the fishing business for over 50 years and stands behind all of its fishing equipment and accessories.
One downside of the Fenwick HMG Spinning Fishing Rod involves its ease of use. This spinning rod is not as user friendly as some other models, so it is not the best fishing rod for beginners or casual fishermen.
The Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Fishing Rod is one of the most durable 2-piece spinning rods on the market. This product is built from a graphite and fiberglass, providing a lightweight yet strong and sensitive construction. The stainless steel guides provide added durability and eliminate insert pop-outs. The clear tip is designed to add strength and sensitivity as well. The cork grip handles are stable and comfortable even during long fishing trips. This 2-piece spinning rod is known for its reliability, durability, effectiveness, and performance, built for use in all types of conditions and climates. This manufacturer also stands behind its products. A seven-year limited warranty is included with the purchase of this fishing rod.
One issue with the Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Fishing Rod is its ease of use. This product is not as user friendly as some other models. It is ideal for beginners or casual fishermen, but professionals may want to consider a more advanced rod.
The KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rod is one of the most versatile products on the market. This 2-piece spinning rod is available in a wide variety of lengths, weights, and power options. It is a good option for bass fishing, trout fishing, walleye fishing, salmon fishing, catfish fishing, steelhead fishing, or saltwater fishing. This 2-piece spinning rod is made from a lightweight yet durable carbon fiber and is available at an excellent price point. The two-piece rod is still sensitive enough to transition power smoothly along your rod while in use. It is even available with twin tips that are designed for different actions and versatility. The twin tips come with a lifetime warranty for added reliability and peace of mind.
One downside of the KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rod is its handle. The EVA foam is high quality, but it is not quite as durable as a cork grip handle.
The Cadence Spinning Rod is another high-quality product. This 2-piece spinning rod is extremely lightweight and easy to pack or carry along on any long fishing trip. It is constructed from a 30-ton, durable carbon matrix graphite, built to hold up in almost any condition. The FUJI reel seat is comfortable yet reliable, allowing you to reel in even the hardest fighting fish. This 2-piece spinning rod is perfect for bass fishing, walleye fishing, trout fishing, salmon fishing, and more. It is available in two different handle configurations: a carbon split grip, and a full grip using a premium cork and EVA. The stainless steel guides with SiC inserts helps to prevent your line from sticking into the guides, minimizes friction, and enhances sensitivity.
One issue with the Cadence Spinning Rod is its warranty. This company is very reputable with a responsive customer service team, but the warranty is not nearly as long as some other products on the market.
The Entsport Camo Legend 2-Piece Spinning Rod is another durable and reliable product. This spinning rod is made from a solid carbon fiber, which is lightweight and durable enough to withstand the test of time. The 6+1 stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts are completely rustproof, corrosion-resistant, and allow for smoother casts. The reel seat ensures a solid connection between the casting rod and reel. The high-quality EVA handles help to reduce weight on the line, provide greater control when casting, and enhance comfort while allowing excellent grip performance under any conditions. It is a perfect option for fishing in a variety of conditions and preferences, including bass fishing, walleye fishing, trout fishing, salmon fishing, and more. The rod is easy to assemble and disassemble, allowing you to carry it with you on any long fishing trip.
One downside of the Entsport Camo Legend 2-Piece Spinning Rod is its design. The reel seat feels like it is not very durable, and this model is only available in one color. So if camouflage is not your preference, you may want to consider another model with more colors and pattern options.
The Fiblink 2-Piece Spinning Fishing Rod is another high-quality product with several special features. This 2-piece spinning rod comes with its rod protection bag for convenience and added security. It includes a 7+1 smooth polished line with corrosion proof stainless steel guides. The reel seat is made from aluminum alloy with rust-resistant aluminum hoods. This rod is specifically designed for use in saltwater because of its rustproof and corrosion-resistant construction. The EVA foam grip handles and fore grips provide extreme stability and comfort while fishing. A one-year limited warranty is included with each purchase to cover any manufacturing defects or issues in the first few uses. It is one of the most portable options, and you won't have to worry about any damage or scratches when storing it in your boat or vehicle inside the storage bag.
One issue with the Fiblink 2-Piece Spinning Fishing Rod is its durability. Some users have reported damage and broken parts upon delivery. Make sure to thoroughly inspect the rod before using it for the first time. Reach out to the company regarding any issues.
- Although a braided line is generally best to use with a spinning rod, most modern spinning rods are capable of handling any type of fishing line.
- Familiarize yourself with how to fill your spinning reel spool before using your rod for the first time. Underfilling your spool can cause friction issues while overfilling it can result in an overflow when casting.
- You can reduce tangles in your line and knots caused by the wind by always making sure to close your bail by hand after a cast.
- Learn how to feather your line with your forefinger to maximize the efficiency of your spinning rod.
- If your spinning rod is reeled against the drag, it will result in a twisted line. If you can hear drag on your line, do not reel or it will result in a tangled line.
Q: Are 2 piece fishing rods good?
Yes, there are several great 2-piece spinning rods available on the market today. Make sure to read all of our reviews to determine which rod is the best fit for your style and individual preferences.
Q: What is the best all-around spinning rod?
Our choice for the best all-around spinning rod is the KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rod, but there are several other great options available.
Q: What is the best length for a spinning rod?
There are several different lengths available for a 2-piece spinning rod. A short spinning rod of six feet or less is ideal if you want to make short, accurate casts. When pinpoint accuracy is not as critical, a longer spinning rod of over 7 feet is the better choice.
For a high-quality 2-piece spinning rod, consider the KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rod, made from a durable carbon matrix KastFlex graphite, or the Plusinno Elite Hunter Fishing Rod, which includes stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts for a smooth performance.
Drop us a comment and let us know what your favorite 2-piece spinning rod is and what you love about it.