LAST UPDATED: March 31, 2021
The Best Indoor Cycling Bikes (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Consider these indoor cycling bikes for a high-quality workout in your home.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
PUBLISHED ON March 31, 2021
If you're looking for a way to get in excellent shape, then an indoor cycling bike is a great option. A high-quality indoor cycling bike can make a perfect addition to your home gym, and it can provide an ideal workout from the comfort of your own space. Indoor cycling bikes are extremely convenient and allow you to fit in a stress-free workout at any time of the day. The best indoor cycling bikes are portable, versatile, and make a great training option. Whether you are looking for excellent value, durability, comfort, or a user-friendly option, we took a look at the best indoor cycling bikes currently available. Check out which of these bikes is the best fit for your home workout needs.
Features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame. Features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and four-way adjustable padded seat.
- Includes 270-pound weight capacity
- Has LCD monitor that tracks time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer
- Adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection
- Resistance bar can be pressed to stop the flywheel immediately
- Some bikes developed squeaking noise after a few months of constant use
- Manufacturer is very responsive about sending any replacement parts necessary to fix the issue
One of the most compact products on the market. Features unique folding design to easily be stored in your closet, basement, storage space, or under your bed.
- Wheels allow you to easily move from room to room
- Weight capacity of 265 pounds and easy-to-read LCD monitors your time, distance, speed, hand pulse, and calories
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance can easily be adjusted
- Included seat not as comfortable as other options for long rides
- Recommended to buy a soft or gel seat cover for added comfort
Extremely reliable, durable product. Includes 35-pound chrome flywheel and a maximum user weight of 280 pounds. Four horizontal adjustment knobs allow you to keep the bike stable at all times.
- Magnetic resistance feature and belt drive system allow for an extremely smooth and very quiet ride
- Comfortable, wide seat and handlebar both fully adjustable for riders of various heights
- Emergency stop brake and handlebar-adjustment tube bump are included for added safety
- Fairly basic model does not include many special features, but still a great option for both beginners and professionals
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling Bikes
- Building core. An important benefit of indoor cycling bikes is that they help to build your strength and maintain your core. An indoor cycling bike can improve your overall physical fitness, balance, and more, without putting too much stress on your muscles and joints.
- Cardiovascular health. Indoor cycling bikes are an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular health. Some studies have shown that indoor cycling bikes are an even better option than bicycling to improve your cardiovascular health.
- Burn calories. Indoor cycling bikes allow you to burn a lot of calories in just a short amount of time. Make sure to maintain a healthy diet, including plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and staying hydrated, to remain in peak physical shape while using your indoor cycling bike.
Types of Indoor Cycling Bikes
Upright stationary bikes are one of the most popular types of indoor cycling bikes. This type of bike includes a traditional bike seat positioned almost directly over the bike pedals. Upright stationary bikes require you to bend forward with your hands on the handlebars while pedaling. This type of indoor cycling bike is very easy to use and quite affordable compared to other types. One downside of upright stationary bikes is that they can be uncomfortable if you are using them extensively or for long rides.
Recumbent stationary bikes are another extremely popular type of indoor cycling bike. This type of bike is designed to mimic a regular outdoor cycling bike. The seat of recumbent stationary bikes is almost horizontal with the pedals. It is typically extremely comfortable, and some models even resemble a chair with a backrest while riding. The major downside of this type of indoor cycling bike is that it is one of the most expensive types.
Folding stationary bikes are one of the most convenient types of indoor cycling bikes. This type of bike can easily be folded up to a compact size to fit within your closet, storage space, against a wall, under your bed, and more. Folding bikes come in a wide variety of price options, so you can shop for them on a budget or with special features. The only downside to folding bikes is that they can often be unsteady while riding, so make sure to read the reviews or test it out before purchasing.
Founded in 2018 and owned by Yongkang Masou Trading Co. Ltd., Yosuda has developed into a reputable family fitness brand that manufactures a variety of high-quality workout equipment. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, Yosuda produces under desk cycling bikes and more.
Founded almost 30 years ago, AtivaFit has developed into one of the most reputable manufacturers in home fitness equipment. This company produces high-quality workout gear that ships around the globe. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, AtivaFit manufactures dumbbells, under desk ellipticals, folding trampolines, and more.
With two global headquarters in Houston, Texas, and Ontario, Canada, Joroto specializes in high-quality sports and fitness equipment. The company has become one of the most trustworthy manufacturers of fitness products around the globe. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, Joroto produces treadmills, rowing machines, elliptical steppers, and more.
Indoor Cycling Bike Pricing
- Under $200: Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are available at an excellent value. Make sure to read the reviews and check on the type of warranty included before purchasing this price range.
- $200-$300: This is the most common price range for indoor cycling bikes. Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are typically high quality and quite reliable.
- $300 and up: Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are priced at a premium. These indoor cycling bikes are typically very high quality, but they also tend to come with several special features, including smart capabilities and accessories.
The resistance of your indoor cycling bike is an extremely important factor that can greatly impact your overall workout. The resistance of most indoor cycling bikes can be easily adjusted. Some bikes will let you switch between resistance levels at the touch of the button. Other models require you to turn a tension knob. Make sure that you adjust your bike to the proper resistance to complete a proper workout and avoid potential injury while riding.
The pedals are another important feature that can affect your overall workout on your indoor cycling bike. Indoor cycling bike pedals typically come with a toe strap that keeps your foot in place while riding. It is recommended to wear cycling shoes while using your bike and to secure your feet to the pedals for the most secure and safe workout.
Indoor cycling bikes typically feature a wide range of workout modes. Depending on the type of indoor cycling bike your purchase, some models may be more interactive and have more advanced features than other models. These various workout modes are important because they can help to keep you focused and motivated while working out.
- Seat. If you will be using your indoor cycling bike frequently and for daily workouts, the comfort of your seat is another important consideration. The seat of your bike should be well padded, but it also needs to be fully adjustable to prevent a chance of injury. Indoor cycling bike seats are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to maximize comfort while in use.
- Handlebars. Owning a quality indoor cycling bike with a reliable set of handlebars is also an important consideration. Make sure that your bike includes a set of handlebars that is fully adjustable to fit users of various heights and sizes. Many indoor cycling bike models feature comfort grip, padded handlebars to maximize your comfort while riding.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are important considerations when considering the best indoor cycling bike to fit your home workout needs. Most reputable manufacturers will include some type of warranty with their products. Look for a limited warranty that will at least cover any manufacturing defects or immediate issues with your bike upon delivery or the first few uses.
Best Indoor Cycling Bikes Reviews & Recommendations 2021
If you're looking for a high-quality product, the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike may be the best indoor cycling bike on the market today. This bike features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame, which provided added stability and durability. It features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat for maximum flexibility and comfort while riding. It includes a 270-pound weight capacity. This bike has an LCD monitor that tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer. The adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection, and there is a resistance bar that can be pressed to stop the flywheel immediately. A convenient water bottle holder allows you to stay hydrated throughout your entire workout. An instruction manual and online instruction video that can help you complete the assembly of this bike within 30 minutes.
One downside of the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike is its durability. Some users have reported that their bikes have developed a squeaking noise after a few months of constant use. If this happens, reach out to the manufacturer. They are very responsive about sending any replacement parts necessary to fix the issue.
Get the best bang for your buck with the AtivaFit Indoor Cycling Bike. This indoor cycling bike is one of the most compact products on the market. It features a unique folding design to easily be stored in your closet, basement, storage space, or even under your bed. A set of convenient wheels allow you to easily move the bike from room to room as needed. This bike has a weight capacity of 265 pounds, and an easy-to-read LCD that monitors your time, distance, speed, hand pulse, and calories. There are eight levels of magnetic resistance that can easily be adjusted while riding. The seat is also fully adjustable to perfectly fit your height and size. The pedals include foot straps to keep your feet secure and stable while riding.
One downside of the AtivaFit Indoor Cycling Bike is the comfort level. Several customers have reported that the included seat is not as comfortable as other options for long rides. If you are concerned about this issue, it is recommended to buy a soft or gel seat cover for added comfort.
The Joroto Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike is another extremely reliable, durable product. This indoor cycling bike includes a 35-pound chrome flywheel, and a maximum user weight of 280 pounds. Four horizontal adjustment knobs allow you to keep the bike stable at all times, even on uneven surfaces. The magnetic resistance feature and belt drive system allow for an extremely smooth and very quiet ride, making it a perfect option for households with families or multiple roommates. The comfortable, wide seat and handlebar are both fully adjustable for riders of various heights. An emergency stop brake and handlebar-adjustment tube bump are included for added safety.
There is a multi-use holder, which can be used to secure your tablet, phone, water bottle, and other personal items while riding. All of the tools needed for an easy installation are included with each shipment, and the company offers one year of free replacement parts should there be any issues.
One issue with the Joroto Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike is that it is a fairly basic model. It does not include many special features, but if you are looking for a stable, reliable product, then this bike is still a great option for both beginners and professionals.
The BalanceFrom Bike Trainer Stand is one of the most unique and versatile products on the market. This stand allows you to use your outdoor cycling bike indoors. It is extremely easy to install and assemble. The quick-release clamps will help to secure your rear wheel in place. The rubber feet will prevent any scratching or scuffing on your indoor floors, particularly if they are hardwood floors. The maximum load for this product is 330 pounds. Eight levels of magnetic resistance settings are included to meet your individual preferences while riding your bike. The handlebar-mounted controller allows you to easily adjust the resistance on the fly. The stand is designed to fit any outdoor bike with a 26-inch to 28-inch wheel or a 700C wheel.
One downside of the BalanceFrom Bike Trainer Stand is the noise. There will typically be a loud noise if you are using this stand with rough tires, but it is still quiet if you are using it with regular road bike tires.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike is an excellent riding option for beginners. This indoor cycling bike features a chain drive design and a 40-pound chrome flywheel, designed for stability, support, and consistency. The friction resistance knob allows you to increase resistance, decrease resistance, or even come to a complete stop in a matter of seconds. The ergonomic adjustable handlebars are designed to accommodate multiple riding styles. The two-way multi-grip handlebars can easily be adjusted based on your height. The four-way adjustable seat can also be fitted to your leg length while riding. There are integrated transportation wheels for convenience and easy mobility to wheel this bike to different rooms throughout your home as needed. It features a maximum user weight of 275 pounds.
One downside of the Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike is its noise. Since it is a chain-drive design, it is significantly louder than most belt drive models. But the transportation wheels allow you to easily move the bike to a different room if needed to not disturb your family or roommates.
The Cyclace Exercise Bike Stationary is another extremely high quality and reliable product. This 36-pound flywheel stationary bike provides a powerful and smooth ride. It features a four-way adjustable seat and a two-way adjustable multi-grip handlebar. The extended seat support is also fully adjustable, to fit riders between 5 feet and 6.5 feet tall. This indoor cycling bike can support up to 330 pounds with a very comfortable seat cushion. There is even a bottle holder, smartphone/tablet holder, and a multi-function monitor for added convenience. The fully adjustable resistance bar allows you to stop the flywheel immediately by simply pressing down. It has included wheels that allow you to easily transport this cycling bike from room to room throughout your house as needed.
One issue with the Cyclace Exercise Bike Stationary is its durability. Some customers, particularly those close to the weight capacity, have noted that the bike has begun to wear down after just a few uses. You may want to be aware that the actual weight capacity may be slightly under what is advertised.
The Pooboo Indoor Cycling Bike is another quality option, great for both workout enthusiasts and casual indoor cyclists. This indoor cycling bike features a 35-pound flywheel and a resistance knob that is incredibly easy to adjust. Simply turn the included knob to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout. Pressing down on the resistance knob activates the brake system quickly and efficiently. There is a multi-functional LCD that monitors time, speed, distance, and calories while riding. The convenient transportation wheels on the bottom of the bike allow you to easily move the bike from room to room throughout your home as needed. Aluminum alloy cage pedals with adjustable covers will prevent your feet from slipping. The comfortable, well-padded seat is fully adjustable to best fit your height.
The MaxKare Magnetic Exercise Bike is extremely user-friendly, featuring a unique magnetic tension control system. The magnetic resistance allows you to change the resistance level very easily. The adjustable tension knob lets you increase the resistance by turning right or decrease it by turning left. It is low maintenance and provides a very smooth, quiet ride. This indoor cycling bike has a maximum weight capacity of 264 pounds. The comfortable seat is fully adjustable both vertically and horizontally, while the handlebar can easily be adjusted vertically to fit most heights. An emergency brake can be deployed safely by simply pressing down on the tension knob to stop the flywheel immediately. Wheels on the bottom of the bike allow you to wheel the 90-pound product around your home if needed.
One issue with the MaxKare Magnetic Exercise Bike is with the assembly. Some customers have reported missing pieces and parts in their package upon delivery. Make sure to inspect the package thoroughly and reach out to the manufacturer if anything is missing or broken.
- Make sure that your seat and handlebars are properly adjusted for your size and height before using the bike to avoid injury.
- It is recommended to purchase an indoor cycling bike with a drink holder to stay hydrated throughout your ride. Do not forget to take a sufficient amount of water breaks while riding.
- If you do use headphones, try to use cordless headphones if possible. The cord of some headphones has been known to get tangled up in the bike and wheel, causing potential safety hazards.
- It is normal to feel fatigued and sore after your first several rides. Make sure to rest between rides and follow a proper diet to avoid serious injury.
- If you are feeling short of breath regularly while riding, you may want to consult your doctor to make sure there are no underlying medical issues before continuing to use your bike.
Q: Can you lose weight by cycling indoors?
Yes, you can lose weight by cycling indoors. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure to follow a proper diet, and include some additional workouts to your indoor cycling workouts.
Q: How do I choose an indoor bike?
There are many great indoor cycling bikes available depending on your specific needs. Make sure to read all of our reviews to choose an option that is the best fit for your individual preferences or needs.
Q: What is the best exercise bike for home use?
Our top-rated indoor cycling bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, but there are several other high-quality bikes available on the market.
Our best indoor cycling bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat, or the AtivaFit Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a unique folding design. Drop us a comment and let us know what your favorite indoor cycling bike is and what you love about it.