The Best Indoor Cycling Bikes: Exercise From Home
Consider these indoor cycling bikes for a high-quality workout in your home.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Zach Faulds / LAST UPDATED ON April 19, 2021
If you're looking for a way to get in excellent shape, then an indoor cycling bike is a great option. A high-quality indoor cycling bike can make a perfect addition to your home gym, and it can provide an ideal workout from the comfort of your own space. Indoor cycling bikes are extremely convenient and allow you to fit in a stress-free workout at any time of the day. The best indoor cycling bikes are portable, versatile, and make a great training option. Whether you are looking for excellent value, durability, comfort, or a user-friendly option, we took a look at the best indoor cycling bikes currently available. Check out which of these bikes is the best fit for your home workout needs.
Features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame. Features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and four-way adjustable padded seat.
- Includes 270-pound weight capacity
- Has LCD monitor that tracks time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer
- Adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection
- Resistance bar can be pressed to stop the flywheel immediately
- Some bikes developed squeaking noise after a few months of constant use
- Manufacturer is very responsive about sending any replacement parts necessary to fix the issue
One of the most compact products on the market. Features unique folding design to easily be stored in your closet, basement, storage space, or under your bed.
- Wheels allow you to easily move from room to room
- Weight capacity of 265 pounds and easy-to-read LCD monitors your time, distance, speed, hand pulse, and calories
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance can easily be adjusted
- Included seat not as comfortable as other options for long rides
- Recommended to buy a soft or gel seat cover for added comfort
Extremely reliable, durable product. Includes 35-pound chrome flywheel and a maximum user weight of 280 pounds. Four horizontal adjustment knobs allow you to keep the bike stable at all times.
- Magnetic resistance feature and belt drive system allow for an extremely smooth and very quiet ride
- Comfortable, wide seat and handlebar both fully adjustable for riders of various heights
- Emergency stop brake and handlebar-adjustment tube bump are included for added safety
- Fairly basic model does not include many special features, but still a great option for both beginners and professionals
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling Bikes
- Building core. An important benefit of indoor cycling bikes is that they help to build your strength and maintain your core. An indoor cycling bike can improve your overall physical fitness, balance, and more, without putting too much stress on your muscles and joints.
- Cardiovascular health. Indoor cycling bikes are an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular health. Some studies have shown that indoor cycling bikes are an even better option than bicycling to improve your cardiovascular health.
- Burn calories. Indoor cycling bikes allow you to burn a lot of calories in just a short amount of time. Make sure to maintain a healthy diet, including plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and staying hydrated, to remain in peak physical shape while using your indoor cycling bike.
Types of Indoor Cycling Bikes
Upright stationary bikes are one of the most popular types of indoor cycling bikes. This type of bike includes a traditional bike seat positioned almost directly over the bike pedals. Upright stationary bikes require you to bend forward with your hands on the handlebars while pedaling. This type of indoor cycling bike is very easy to use and quite affordable compared to other types. One downside of upright stationary bikes is that they can be uncomfortable if you are using them extensively or for long rides.
Recumbent stationary bikes are another extremely popular type of indoor cycling bike. This type of bike is designed to mimic a regular outdoor cycling bike. The seat of recumbent stationary bikes is almost horizontal with the pedals. It is typically extremely comfortable, and some models even resemble a chair with a backrest while riding. The major downside of this type of indoor cycling bike is that it is one of the most expensive types.
Folding stationary bikes are one of the most convenient types of indoor cycling bikes. This type of bike can easily be folded up to a compact size to fit within your closet, storage space, against a wall, under your bed, and more. Folding bikes come in a wide variety of price options, so you can shop for them on a budget or with special features. The only downside to folding bikes is that they can often be unsteady while riding, so make sure to read the reviews or test it out before purchasing.
Founded in 2018 and owned by Yongkang Masou Trading Co. Ltd., Yosuda has developed into a reputable family fitness brand that manufactures a variety of high-quality workout equipment. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, Yosuda produces under desk cycling bikes and more.
Founded almost 30 years ago, AtivaFit has developed into one of the most reputable manufacturers in home fitness equipment. This company produces high-quality workout gear that ships around the globe. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, AtivaFit manufactures dumbbells, under desk ellipticals, folding trampolines, and more.
With two global headquarters in Houston, Texas, and Ontario, Canada, Joroto specializes in high-quality sports and fitness equipment. The company has become one of the most trustworthy manufacturers of fitness products around the globe. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, Joroto produces treadmills, rowing machines, elliptical steppers, and more.
Indoor Cycling Bike Pricing
- Under $200: Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are available at an excellent value. Make sure to read the reviews and check on the type of warranty included before purchasing this price range.
- $200-$300: This is the most common price range for indoor cycling bikes. Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are typically high quality and quite reliable.
- $300 and up: Indoor cycling bikes in this price range are priced at a premium. These indoor cycling bikes are typically very high quality, but they also tend to come with several special features, including smart capabilities and accessories.
The resistance of your indoor cycling bike is an extremely important factor that can greatly impact your overall workout. The resistance of most indoor cycling bikes can be easily adjusted. Some bikes will let you switch between resistance levels at the touch of the button. Other models require you to turn a tension knob. Make sure that you adjust your bike to the proper resistance to complete a proper workout and avoid potential injury while riding.
The pedals are another important feature that can affect your overall workout on your indoor cycling bike. Indoor cycling bike pedals typically come with a toe strap that keeps your foot in place while riding. It is recommended to wear cycling shoes while using your bike and to secure your feet to the pedals for the most secure and safe workout.
Indoor cycling bikes typically feature a wide range of workout modes. Depending on the type of indoor cycling bike your purchase, some models may be more interactive and have more advanced features than other models. These various workout modes are important because they can help to keep you focused and motivated while working out.
- Seat. If you will be using your indoor cycling bike frequently and for daily workouts, the comfort of your seat is another important consideration. The seat of your bike should be well padded, but it also needs to be fully adjustable to prevent a chance of injury. Indoor cycling bike seats are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to maximize comfort while in use.
- Handlebars. Owning a quality indoor cycling bike with a reliable set of handlebars is also an important consideration. Make sure that your bike includes a set of handlebars that is fully adjustable to fit users of various heights and sizes. Many indoor cycling bike models feature comfort grip, padded handlebars to maximize your comfort while riding.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are important considerations when considering the best indoor cycling bike to fit your home workout needs. Most reputable manufacturers will include some type of warranty with their products. Look for a limited warranty that will at least cover any manufacturing defects or immediate issues with your bike upon delivery or the first few uses.
Best Indoor Cycling Bikes Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Make sure that your seat and handlebars are properly adjusted for your size and height before using the bike to avoid injury.
- It is recommended to purchase an indoor cycling bike with a drink holder to stay hydrated throughout your ride. Do not forget to take a sufficient amount of water breaks while riding.
- If you do use headphones, try to use cordless headphones if possible. The cord of some headphones has been known to get tangled up in the bike and wheel, causing potential safety hazards.
- It is normal to feel fatigued and sore after your first several rides. Make sure to rest between rides and follow a proper diet to avoid serious injury.
- If you are feeling short of breath regularly while riding, you may want to consult your doctor to make sure there are no underlying medical issues before continuing to use your bike.
Q: Can you lose weight by cycling indoors?
Yes, you can lose weight by cycling indoors. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure to follow a proper diet, and include some additional workouts to your indoor cycling workouts.
Q: How do I choose an indoor bike?
There are many great indoor cycling bikes available depending on your specific needs. Make sure to read all of our reviews to choose an option that is the best fit for your individual preferences or needs.
Q: What is the best exercise bike for home use?
Our top-rated indoor cycling bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, but there are several other high-quality bikes available on the market.
Our best indoor cycling bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat, or the AtivaFit Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a unique folding design. Drop us a comment and let us know what your favorite indoor cycling bike is and what you love about it.