The Best RV Flag Poles (Review & Buying Guide) in 2022
Consider these RV flag poles to display your flag proudly.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Zach Faulds / LAST UPDATED ON March 31, 2021
If you like camping and the great outdoors, then there's a good chance you own an RV. A great way to show pride for a cause you're passionate about is to display a flag on your RV or at your RV campsite. The best way to keep your flag secure and flying high at all times is with a high-quality RV flag pole. The best RV flag poles are secure, lightweight, and adjustable. They are a great way to show your support for your country, school, team, cause, or more.
We take a look at the best RV flag poles currently on the market. Whether you are looking for great value, portability, durability, versatility, or a user-friendly option, read on to see which is the best product to keep your flag flying safely and securely at your RV campsite.
Includes six sectional pieces to total 20 feet in length. Sectional pieces come in handy for storage purposes within your RV.
- Made from high-quality aluminum that is completely rustproof and corrosion-resistant
- Ground PVC sleeve allows the flag pole to securely remain in the ground at all times and in any condition
- Includes a maximum wind resistance of 33 miles per hour.
- Takes some effort to raise and lower your flag using this flag pole's spring-loaded buttons
13-foot-long pole collapses to a compact size of 45 inches for convenient storage. Made from a durable, reinforced blue fiberglass.
- Easy to assemble, and the pole sections slide together using a twist-to-tighten method to securely lock the sections in place
- Reusable storage bag is included to protect the flag pole
- Issues with fiberglass construction
- Tends to flex and bend slightly during times of heavy wind
Extremely reliable product. Made from rustproof and corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum. Extends up to 20 feet in length and collapses to a size of 64 inches.
- Comes with a tire-anchored flag pole holder, a quality storage bag for protection, and a 3-inch by 5-inch American flag
- Hardware included allows you to fly two flags at the same time, or to fly one flag at half-mast
- Issues with pole holder
- Holder itself is quite thin, and some customers have reported that it has broken or snapped in heavy wind conditions
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of RV Flag Poles
- Low maintenance. A major benefit of most modern RV flag poles is that they require very little maintenance. Make sure to purchase a high-quality product that is both rustproof and corrosion-resistant.
- Style. Another benefit of RV flag poles is that they are extremely clean and shiny. They add a serious sense of style to your RV and can easily be kept clean with some soap and a soft, dry cloth.
- Support. Perhaps the most obvious benefit of a high-quality RV flag pole is that it allows you to show your support. Whether you want to support your country, school, team, or more, a flag pole allows you to display and fly your flag proudly.
Types of RV Flag Poles
Telescoping RV flag poles are the best type of RV flag pole for those who want to fly their flags the highest. Telescoping flag poles can reach heights of up to 20 feet when fully extended. The best part about this type of flag pole is that they can usually be completely collapsed to a small size and weight to easily pack inside your RV while driving.
PVC RV flag poles are the most lightweight of the two main types of RV flag poles. This type of RV flag pole can usually stand on the ground or the top of your RV when parked without requiring any mounts. This is the most common and cheaper option, but it is still a great way to display your flag while camping with your RV.
Headquartered in New Jersey, Vingli specializes in outdoor, fitness, sports, and lifestyle products. The company has become known for manufacturing and delivering top-notch products across the country. In addition to RV flag poles, Vingli produces folding tables, rain barrels, plant stands, garden beds, and more.
In the Breeze
Founded in 1985 by Bill Dual and Debbie Schomberg, In the Breeze originated as a quality Windsocks manufacturer. For the past 35 years, the company has significantly grown and developed into a reputable producer of a variety of products. In addition to RV flag poles, In the Breeze manufactures Windsocks, wind chimes, home banners, kites, gliders, and more.
Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., Camco is known for its excellent customer service and high-quality products for the RV industry. The company has more than 1,500 employees with locations around the globe, delivering products in locations like China, Thailand, and Vietnam. In addition to RV flag poles, Camco produces LED lanterns, cleaning accessories, portable grills, portable heaters, and more.
RV Flag Poles Pricing
- Under $50: RV flag poles in this price range are available at an excellent value. Flag poles in this range are typically not able to fly as high as other flag poles, so if you are looking for a flag pole capable of a great height, you may have to spend a bit more money.
- $50-$100: This is the most common price range for RV flag poles. Products in this price range are available at varying lengths and from several different high-quality products. Make sure to read the reviews before making your final purchase.
- $100 and up: RV flag poles in this price range are priced at a premium. Products in this price range are typically the highest quality and made from rustproof and corrosion-resistant material. These flag poles are usually capable of reaching the greatest heights as well, sometimes as high as 20 feet or more.
The type of mount or holder for your RV flag pole is an important consideration to keep your flag flying upright at all times. Hitch mounts are perhaps the cheapest and easiest to use of the types of holders. Keep in mind that they are not meant to be attached to the back of your RV. Ladder mounts are the most common type of holder. These are a great option, as long as you have a ladder on the back of your RV. Tire mounts are another reliable type of holder. They are meant to be attached under the parked tires of your RV, and they are a great choice if you do not have a ladder on your RV.
The type of material that your RV flag pole is made from is another important feature to consider. RV flag poles can be made from plastic, aluminum, fiberglass, as well as other metallic alloys. Depending on your budget and whether or not you are looking for a lightweight model, all of these materials can provide a reliable flag pole for your RV.
The extension length and total height needed for your flag pole are important considerations. You do not want to purchase a flag pole that is too short to be visible over your RV. You also do not want to purchase a flag pole that is so high that it gets stuck in the trees while camping. Many RV flag poles have adjustable lengths to best fit your needs and budget.
- Accessories. Many RV flag poles come with special features or extra accessories. Items like storage bags, lights, decorations, and more should be considered as they can provide great value to your total purchase. If your product does not come with a reliable storage bag, make sure to purchase a separate one, as they can come in handy when traveling or your flag pole is not in use.
- Adjustable. An RV flag pole that is both flexible and fully adjustable is important considerations. If you want an extremely versatile flag pole and one that you can use in a variety of situations, then consider one with an adjustable height. The RV flag pole can then be flown shorter to avoid trees and other overhead obstructions if needed.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are important factors to consider with your RV flag pole purchase. Most of the best and most reputable manufacturers will include some type of warranty with their products. Look for a warranty to at least cover any types of manufacturing defects or issues with your RV flag pole upon delivery, as well as any issues that arise in the first few uses.
Best RV Flag Poles Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- In addition to the type of flag pole, make sure to consider the mounting bracket or holder, and whether one is included before making your final purchase.
- Depending on your specific needs, the height you will be flying your flag, and whether or not you will be flying two flags simultaneously, you may want to consider a different type of flag pole for your RV.
- There are a variety of materials that flag poles can be constructed from, but in general, those of aluminum construction is more stable than those made from fiberglass.
- If you will be traveling with or carrying your flag pole, look for a lightweight, collapsible option with a storage bag that can easily be stored in your RV when not in use.
- Make sure that your RV flag pole is completely rustproof and corrosion-resistant. Most poles can easily be cleaned using soap and a soft, damp cloth.
Q: What is the best residential flag pole?
There are several great residential flag poles available on the market. Depending on your specific needs, there are several excellent options. Make sure to read the reviews to find one to best fit your lifestyle.
Q: How do you make an RV flag pole?
You can easily construct your RV flag pole, but due to the time and money involved, it may be more cost-effective to purchase one of the high-quality options from our RV flag pole reviews.
Q: How tall should your flagpole be?
The height of your RV flag pole will vary based on your specific needs. It is recommended to purchase an adjustable pole that can extend to various heights as tall as 20 feet to fit a variety of different situations.
For a high-quality RV flag pole, consider the Vingli Upgraded Sectional Flagpole, featuring six sectional pieces to total 20 feet in length, or the In the Breeze Heavy Duty Telescoping Pole, which collapses to a compact size of 45 inches. Drop us a comment and let us know what your favorite RV flag pole is and what you love about it.