The Best Spin Bikes (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Maintain a healthy lifestyle with these spin bikes.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Zach Faulds / LAST UPDATED ON March 5, 2021
If you're looking for a way to get in shape, then a spin bike may be the perfect choice for your home. A high-quality spin bike is a good addition to a home gym and provides an ideal workout. Spin bikes are incredibly convenient and allow you to fit in a stress-free workout at any time of the day.
The best spin bikes are portable, versatile, and make a great training alternative. Whether you are looking for excellent value, durability, comfort, or a user-friendly option, we took a look at the best spin bikes currently available on the market. Read on to see which of these spin bikes is the best fit for your home workout needs.
This spin bike features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame, which provides added stability and durability.
- 270 pound weight capacity
- Has an LCD monitor that tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer
- Adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection
- Some users have reported that their bikes have developed a squeaking noise after a few months of constant use
This spin bike’s belt-driven mechanism provides a smooth and quiet ride, making it an excellent choice to enjoy a workout without disturbing family or roommates in your home.
- Features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat
- A convenient resistance adjustable knob allows you to adjust the intensity of your ride
- Some problems with the seat post and padded seat
This spin bike includes an adjustable magnetic resistance system that provides a smooth, responsive ride by increasing the flywheel's magnetic field resistance.
- Weight limit of 300 pounds and a flywheel weight of 7.36 pounds
- Drink holder allows you to stay properly hydrated
- Ergonomically positioned pulse sensors allow you to transmit your pulse rate to the digital monitor
- Priced at a premium
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Spin Bikes
- Builds your core. An important benefit of spin bikes is that they help build your strength and maintain your core. A spin bike can improve your overall physical fitness, balance, and more, without putting too much stress on your muscles and joints.
- Maintains cardiovascular health. Spin bikes are an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular health. Some studies have shown that spin bikes are an even better option than bicycling to improve your cardiovascular health.
- Burns calories. Spin bikes allow you to burn a lot of calories in just a short amount of time. Make sure to maintain a healthy diet—including plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and water—to remain in peak physical shape while using your spin bike.
Types of Spin Bikes
Chain drive spin bikes are the type of spin bike that has been around for the longest. Chain drive spin bikes allow the user to feel like they are riding an actual outdoor bicycle while riding this model. The major downside of a chain drive spin bike is that it is more likely to wear down and break over time.
Belt drive spin bikes are the more modern type of spin bike. This type of spin bike provides maximum strength and durability. Unlike a chain drive model, there aren't any links that can wear out over time with a belt drive spin bike. Belt drive spin bikes are also much quieter than chain drive bikes, which is a significant benefit when using them in your home with a family or roommates.
Founded in 2018 and owned by Yongkang Masou Trading Co. Ltd., Yosuda has developed into a reputable family fitness brand that manufactures various high-quality workout equipment. In addition to spin bikes, Yosuda produces under desk cycling bikes and more.
MaxKare has developed into one of the most trustworthy manufacturers of essential home products, workout equipment, and tools. The company ships high-quality products all over the world. In addition to spin bikes, MaxKare produces neck massagers, heating pads, sous vide, baby carriers, and more.
Sunny Health & Fitness
Headquartered in Los Angeles and Xiamen, China, Sunny Health & Fitness is known for its wide array of fitness products. The company manufactures several high-quality products that are shipped all over the world. In addition to spin bikes, Sunny Health & Fitness manufactures ellipticals, treadmills, rowing machines, stepper machines, and more.
Spin Bike Pricing
- Under $300: Spin bikes in this price range are available at an excellent value. Make sure to read the reviews and check on the type of warranty included before purchasing in this price range.
- $300-$500: This is the most common price range for spin bikes. Spin bikes in this price range are typically high quality and quite reliable.
- $500 and up: Spin bikes in this price range are priced at a premium. These spin bikes are typically very high quality, but they also tend to come with several special features, including smart capabilities and accessories.
Whether it is a chain drive or belt drive spin bike, most spin bikes use an open front flywheel. The flywheel of each spin bike varies in weight, and the weight of the flywheel will have a significant impact on your overall workout. The greater the flywheel's weight, the greater the resistance it will provide while riding the spin bike.
The resistance of your spin bike is a crucial factor that can greatly impact your overall workout. Most spin bikes' resistance can be easily adjusted by tightening or loosening a pad, which replicates a brake on the flywheel. Ensure that you adjust your bike to the appropriate resistance to complete a proper workout and avoid potential injury while riding.
The pedals are another important feature that can affect your spin bike workout. Spin bike pedals typically come with a toe strap that keeps your foot in place while riding. It is recommended to wear bike shoes while using your spin bike and to secure your feet to the pedals for the most secure and safe workout.
- Seat. If you will be using your spin bike frequently and for daily workouts, your seat's comfort is another important consideration. The seat of your spin bike should be well padded, but it also needs to be fully adjustable to prevent a chance of injury. Spin bike seats are available in various shapes and sizes to maximize comfort while in use.
- Handlebars. Owning a quality spin bike with a reliable set of handlebars is also an important factor. Ensure that your spin bike includes a set of handlebars that is fully adjustable to fit riders of various heights and sizes. A number of spin bike models feature comfort grip, padded handlebars to maximize your comfort while riding.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are essential when considering the best spin bike to fit your home workout needs. Most reputable manufacturers will include some kind of warranty with their products. Look for a limited warranty that will cover any manufacturing defects or immediate issues with your spin bike upon delivery or the first few uses.
Best Spin Bikes Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Ensure that your seat and handlebars are properly adjusted for your size and height before using the spin bike to avoid injury.
- It is recommended to purchase a spin bike with a drink holder to stay hydrated throughout your ride. Do not forget to take a sufficient amount of water breaks while riding.
- If you do use headphones, try to use cordless headphones if possible. The cord of some headphones has been known to get tangled up in the bike and wheel, causing potential safety hazards.
- It is normal to feel tired and sore after your first several rides. Make sure to rest between rides and follow a proper diet to avoid serious injury.
- If you are feeling short of breath regularly while riding, you may want to consult your doctor to make sure there are no underlying medical issues before continuing to use your spin bike.
Q: What is the best spin bike for home use?
Our top-rated spin bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, but several other high-quality spin bikes are available on the market.
Q: Is spinning a good way to lose weight?
Spinning is an efficient way to burn calories. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure to follow a proper diet, and include additional workouts to your spin bike classes.
Q: Should I buy a spin bike or exercise bike?
Exercise bikes are typically used in a general health and fitness program and tend to be good for anyone seeking to improve their cardiovascular fitness level. Spin bikes are used for spinning group classes and are designed to mimic those who participate in cycling as a sport.
Our best spin bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat for maximum flexibility and comfort while riding. For a more budget-friendly option, we recommend the MaxKare Stationary Bike.