LAST UPDATED: February 26, 2021
The Best Spin Bikes (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Maintain a healthy lifestyle with these spin bikes.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
PUBLISHED ON February 26, 2021
If you're looking for a way to get in shape, then a spin bike may be the perfect choice for your home. A high-quality spin bike is a good addition to a home gym and provides an ideal workout. Spin bikes are incredibly convenient and allow you to fit in a stress-free workout at any time of the day.
The best spin bikes are portable, versatile, and make a great training alternative. Whether you are looking for excellent value, durability, comfort, or a user-friendly option, we took a look at the best spin bikes currently available on the market. Read on to see which of these spin bikes is the best fit for your home workout needs.
This spin bike features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame, which provides added stability and durability.
- 270 pound weight capacity
- Has an LCD monitor that tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer
- Adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection
- Some users have reported that their bikes have developed a squeaking noise after a few months of constant use
This spin bike’s belt-driven mechanism provides a smooth and quiet ride, making it an excellent choice to enjoy a workout without disturbing family or roommates in your home.
- Features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat
- A convenient resistance adjustable knob allows you to adjust the intensity of your ride
- Some problems with the seat post and padded seat
This spin bike includes an adjustable magnetic resistance system that provides a smooth, responsive ride by increasing the flywheel's magnetic field resistance.
- Weight limit of 300 pounds and a flywheel weight of 7.36 pounds
- Drink holder allows you to stay properly hydrated
- Ergonomically positioned pulse sensors allow you to transmit your pulse rate to the digital monitor
- Priced at a premium
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Spin Bikes
- Builds your core. An important benefit of spin bikes is that they help build your strength and maintain your core. A spin bike can improve your overall physical fitness, balance, and more, without putting too much stress on your muscles and joints.
- Maintains cardiovascular health. Spin bikes are an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular health. Some studies have shown that spin bikes are an even better option than bicycling to improve your cardiovascular health.
- Burns calories. Spin bikes allow you to burn a lot of calories in just a short amount of time. Make sure to maintain a healthy diet—including plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and water—to remain in peak physical shape while using your spin bike.
Types of Spin Bikes
Chain drive spin bikes are the type of spin bike that has been around for the longest. Chain drive spin bikes allow the user to feel like they are riding an actual outdoor bicycle while riding this model. The major downside of a chain drive spin bike is that it is more likely to wear down and break over time.
Belt drive spin bikes are the more modern type of spin bike. This type of spin bike provides maximum strength and durability. Unlike a chain drive model, there aren't any links that can wear out over time with a belt drive spin bike. Belt drive spin bikes are also much quieter than chain drive bikes, which is a significant benefit when using them in your home with a family or roommates.
Founded in 2018 and owned by Yongkang Masou Trading Co. Ltd., Yosuda has developed into a reputable family fitness brand that manufactures various high-quality workout equipment. In addition to spin bikes, Yosuda produces under desk cycling bikes and more.
MaxKare has developed into one of the most trustworthy manufacturers of essential home products, workout equipment, and tools. The company ships high-quality products all over the world. In addition to spin bikes, MaxKare produces neck massagers, heating pads, sous vide, baby carriers, and more.
Sunny Health & Fitness
Headquartered in Los Angeles and Xiamen, China, Sunny Health & Fitness is known for its wide array of fitness products. The company manufactures several high-quality products that are shipped all over the world. In addition to spin bikes, Sunny Health & Fitness manufactures ellipticals, treadmills, rowing machines, stepper machines, and more.
Spin Bike Pricing
- Under $300: Spin bikes in this price range are available at an excellent value. Make sure to read the reviews and check on the type of warranty included before purchasing in this price range.
- $300-$500: This is the most common price range for spin bikes. Spin bikes in this price range are typically high quality and quite reliable.
- $500 and up: Spin bikes in this price range are priced at a premium. These spin bikes are typically very high quality, but they also tend to come with several special features, including smart capabilities and accessories.
Whether it is a chain drive or belt drive spin bike, most spin bikes use an open front flywheel. The flywheel of each spin bike varies in weight, and the weight of the flywheel will have a significant impact on your overall workout. The greater the flywheel's weight, the greater the resistance it will provide while riding the spin bike.
The resistance of your spin bike is a crucial factor that can greatly impact your overall workout. Most spin bikes' resistance can be easily adjusted by tightening or loosening a pad, which replicates a brake on the flywheel. Ensure that you adjust your bike to the appropriate resistance to complete a proper workout and avoid potential injury while riding.
The pedals are another important feature that can affect your spin bike workout. Spin bike pedals typically come with a toe strap that keeps your foot in place while riding. It is recommended to wear bike shoes while using your spin bike and to secure your feet to the pedals for the most secure and safe workout.
- Seat. If you will be using your spin bike frequently and for daily workouts, your seat's comfort is another important consideration. The seat of your spin bike should be well padded, but it also needs to be fully adjustable to prevent a chance of injury. Spin bike seats are available in various shapes and sizes to maximize comfort while in use.
- Handlebars. Owning a quality spin bike with a reliable set of handlebars is also an important factor. Ensure that your spin bike includes a set of handlebars that is fully adjustable to fit riders of various heights and sizes. A number of spin bike models feature comfort grip, padded handlebars to maximize your comfort while riding.
- Warranty. The length and type of warranty are essential when considering the best spin bike to fit your home workout needs. Most reputable manufacturers will include some kind of warranty with their products. Look for a limited warranty that will cover any manufacturing defects or immediate issues with your spin bike upon delivery or the first few uses.
Best Spin Bikes Reviews & Recommendations 2021
This bike features a 35-pound flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame, which provides added stability and durability. It features a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat for flexibility and comfort while riding. The bike has a 270-pound weight capacity. This bike has an LCD monitor that tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and an odometer. The adjustable cage pedals provide added stability and protection, and there is a resistance bar that can be pressed to stop the flywheel immediately. An instruction manual and online instruction video can help you complete the assembly of this bike within 30 minutes.
One drawback with this bike is its durability. Some users have reported that their bikes developed a squeaking noise after a few months of constant use. If this happens, reach out to the manufacturer since they are responsive about sending replacement parts necessary to fix the issue.
This bike includes a 44-pound flywheel and a heavy-duty steel frame. The belt-driven mechanism provides a smooth and quiet ride. It is fully customizable to fit your size, featuring a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat. This bike is extremely easy to operate, featuring a convenient resistance adjustable knob, which allows you to adjust your ride's intensity with a simple twist of the knob. An emergency stop can be pressed to stop the flywheel immediately if needed for safety reasons. An LCD monitor is included, displaying your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate while riding.
While this spin bike is an overall great value option, some users have reported problems with the seat post and padded seat. If your seat post breaks for any reason, simply reach out to the company regarding a refund or replacement part.
This bike features an adjustable magnetic resistance system that provides a smooth and responsive ride by increasing the flywheel's magnetic field resistance. The low-maintenance belt drive system results in a virtually silent and stable cycling experience. It includes a weight limit of 300 pounds and a flywheel weight of 7.36 pounds. Ergonomically positioned pulse sensors allow you to transmit your pulse rate to the digital monitor throughout your workout. The digital display records speed, average speed, maximum speed, cadence/rpm, average cadence, maximum cadence, distance, calories, race, and time.
While this bike is priced at a premium compared to others on this list, it includes some unique features that other bikes do not have. So, if you are looking for features like a magnetic resistance system or pulse sensors, then this bike may be a great option.
This bike features an efficient, 35-pound bidirectional flywheel and a quiet belt drive system. It is an excellent choice for both beginners and professional riders, and it can be assembled in about 30 minutes using the instruction manual. There is an extended seat adjustment and an extra-wide seat cushion to fit people of various heights. There is also a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable saddle for added convenience. An LCD monitor tracks time, speed, distance, calories burned, and odometer while cycling. Non-slip cage-shaped alloy pedals with adjustable straps are designed to fit different feet sizes and offer full protection. This bike also comes with a 12-month warranty to cover any manufacturing defects or potential issues.
Some users have reported issues with loud noises resulting from daily use and wear and tear over time. If you encounter these problems, reach out to customer service regarding a refund or replacement products.
This spin bike features a chain drive design and a 40-pound chrome flywheel, designed for stability, support, and consistency. The friction resistance knob allows you to increase or decrease resistance or even come to a complete stop in a matter of seconds. The ergonomic adjustable handlebars are designed to accommodate multiple riding styles. The two-way multi-grip handlebars can easily be adjusted based on your height, and the four-way adjustable seat can be fitted to your individual leg length while riding. There are integrated transportation wheels for convenience and easy mobility to wheel this bike to different rooms throughout your home as needed. It features a maximum user weight of 275 pounds.
Since this spin bike features a chain-drive design, it is significantly louder than most belt drive models. But the transportation wheels allow you to easily move the bike to a different room if noise is an issue.
This bike has enhanced Bluetooth connectivity that allows users to set, track, and monitor their progress with app-based tracking tools. To access the full features, you will need to subscribe to the Explore the World app, which includes virtual courses, exotic locales, and stunning trails from around the globe. The backlit LCD screen includes a display with 29 different workout programs. There are contact heart rate sensors so that you can monitor your heart rate while riding. A well-padded, contoured seat provides added comfort while participating in your workout. You can alternate between 25 different resistant levels with the simple click of a button.
One issue is that this bike is at the higher end of the price range, which could be a deterrent for some. However, if you are looking for a bike to use in conjunction with an app and various virtual courses, this is an ideal product.
This bike includes a 35-pound chrome flywheel and a maximum user weight of 280 pounds. Four horizontal adjustment knobs allow you to keep the bike stable at all times, even on uneven surfaces. The magnetic resistance feature and belt drive system allow for an incredibly smooth and quiet ride. The comfortable, wide seat and handlebar are both fully adjustable for riders of various heights. An emergency stop brake and handlebar-adjustment tube bump provide added safety. A multi-use holder can be used to secure your phone, water bottle, and other personal items while riding. The company also offers one year of free replacement parts should there be any issues.
One downside with this spin bike is that it is a fairly basic model. It does not include many special features, but this bike is still a great option if you are looking for a reliable product.
This bike is specifically designed to work with the MyCloudFitness App so that you never lose track of your workout data. It includes 14 levels of resistance that can easily be adjusted using the smart power knob. Due to the multiple resistance levels, it is a great product for both beginners and professional riders. The heavy-duty steel frame can support a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds. The specially calibrated magnetic resistance provides an exceptionally smooth and quiet ride, ideal for households with multiple roommates or entire families. The padded, oversized seat offers an extremely comfortable ride.
In addition to paying a premium price for the bike itself, you will have to subscribe for a monthly fee to use the app. There is a one-month free trial, so you can try out the app to see if you like it before committing to the monthly price.
- Ensure that your seat and handlebars are properly adjusted for your size and height before using the spin bike to avoid injury.
- It is recommended to purchase a spin bike with a drink holder to stay hydrated throughout your ride. Do not forget to take a sufficient amount of water breaks while riding.
- If you do use headphones, try to use cordless headphones if possible. The cord of some headphones has been known to get tangled up in the bike and wheel, causing potential safety hazards.
- It is normal to feel tired and sore after your first several rides. Make sure to rest between rides and follow a proper diet to avoid serious injury.
- If you are feeling short of breath regularly while riding, you may want to consult your doctor to make sure there are no underlying medical issues before continuing to use your spin bike.
Q: What is the best spin bike for home use?
Our top-rated spin bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, but several other high-quality spin bikes are available on the market.
Q: Is spinning a good way to lose weight?
Spinning is an efficient way to burn calories. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure to follow a proper diet, and include additional workouts to your spin bike classes.
Q: Should I buy a spin bike or exercise bike?
Exercise bikes are typically used in a general health and fitness program and tend to be good for anyone seeking to improve their cardiovascular fitness level. Spin bikes are used for spinning group classes and are designed to mimic those who participate in cycling as a sport.
Our best spin bike is the Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike, featuring a two-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and a four-way adjustable padded seat for maximum flexibility and comfort while riding. For a more budget-friendly option, we recommend the MaxKare Stationary Bike.