The Best Razor Electric Scooters (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Scooters get you where you need to go, but an electric scooter makes the commute fun
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Andra DelMonico / LAST UPDATED ON December 16, 2020
Electric scooters are perfect for riders of all ages. You could buy a smaller one for the younger family members in your home. Let them enjoy the freedom of hopping on their scooter and cruising to their friend’s house down the street. Several electric scooters are designed for smaller riders while still having impressive performance abilities.
As an adult, several electric scooters are perfect for riding on your commute. You could ride a performance scooter designed for speed and tricks. Or you could ride a commuter scooter that has a comfy seat and basket on the back. As you can see, picking the right scooter is about finding one that’s designed for the rider’s size and how they plan to use it. This guide will help you through the buying process.
This bright white scooter has an alloy steel construction with a rear brake. It has a full-sized deck and a 200-watt, single-speed motor.
- Up to 12 miles per hour
- 40 minute run time
- Doesn’t handle hills well
- Low max weight of 154 pounds
Hop on this bright red scooter with an alloy steel frame and 100-watt motor. It has 8-inch wheels and a pneumatic front tire. The brakes are hand-operated on the front.
- 40 minute run time
- 6.5-mile range
- Low max weight of 120 pounds
- Low max speed of 10 miles per hour
Enjoy riding this scooter with its bright blue styling, alloy steel frame, and 250-watt motor. It has 9-inch wheels and a hand-operated rear brake.
- Up to 15 miles per hour
- 40 minute run time
- max weight of 220 pounds
- Loud operation
- Battery reduces the amount of charge held
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Razor Electric Scooter
- Budget friendly. If you’re working with a tight budget, an electric scooter can be a big help. They are more affordable to purchase and operate. Limited mechanics also make them affordable to maintain.
- Environmentally friendly. Electric scooters don’t produce exhaust the way a car or motorcycle would. This makes them environmentally friendly. You’ll be able to use them in confined spaces and more urban areas.
- Convenient. The small size and lightweight of most scooters make them portable. Some even fold for easier carrying once you reach your destination. This makes them more convenient and versatile than larger personal vehicles.
Types of Razor Electric Scooters
This type of scooter has a flat deck and a long T-shaped handle. The battery is located at the bottom of the scooter under the deck. You’ll stand on the deck to ride the scooter. This is the lightest weight, most portable, and affordable type of scooter. It also requires the greatest amount of balance and skill to ride.
This type of scooter looks similar to the stand-up version. It has a flat deck and a long T-shaped handle. This difference is the seat mounted on a post coming up from the deck. There’s typically enough space to stand on the deck and use the scooter in the stand-up method. This gives you options for how you ride. Some have additional features, like a basket behind the seat. These scooters are more expensive than the stand-up style but are worth it for the seat and stronger battery and motor.
This type of scooter is the largest, heaviest, and least portable. However, they’re also the easiest to ride and most stable. The body of the scooter has more substance to it with a front panel and rear fenders. They have a classic European scooter look and are ideal for longer commutes and running errands where you’ll need to carry more items.
Founded in 2000, the Razorbrand has become one of the most well-known names in scooters. This is because of the company’s commitment to innovation and quality. Based in California, Razor scooters are sold worldwide. The Razor UB1 Electric Scooter has a unique, sophisticated style.
Razor Electric Scooter Pricing
- Under $200: You can find a quality made scooter in this price range. It may have a slower top speed and maximum rider weight. They also lack some of the fancier features.
- $200 to $400: You’ll find quality features on the electric scooter in this price range. They’ll range in motor power, speed, and weight capacity.
- $400 and up: The scooters in this price range come with several nice to have and innovative features. They run the fastest and longest.
The scooter you buy needs to fit your size. Otherwise, it won’t be safe for you to ride. The first measurement is the maximum weight capacity. Scooters list the rider’s heaviest allowable weight. Try not to be on the high end of this capacity, or you’ll put excess stress on the scooter. The second measurement is the height. The handle should be tall enough to be comfortable to grasp and easy to control.
Look at the size of the battery in the scooter. The bigger the battery, the more power the scooter has and the heavier it will be. The size of the battery will influence how fast and how far you can go. You also need to consider the battery’s charging time. Some only take a few hours, while others can take all day.
If you plan on carrying your scooter with you, then you’ll want to consider its weight. Most electric scooters weigh somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds. This doesn’t sound like much, but it will quickly feel heavy when you’re holding it for an extended time.
You should also check the maximum weight capacity of the scooter. Riding a scooter is dangerous and puts additional stress on the scooter if you are too heavy for it.
- Range. How far do you plan to ride your scooter? You need to buy a scooter that has a large enough range that you can ride it to your destination and home on a single charge. Otherwise, you may not make it to your destination or get stuck waiting for it to recharge once you get there.
- Top Speed. For some, going fast isn’t a priority. However, you don’t want a scooter that goes too slow. If you enjoy adventure and a thrill, look for a scooter with a fast top speed. Not only will you get to your destination faster, but you’ll also enjoy some heart-racing thrills along the way.
- Style. There is a broad range of styles and colors for electric scooters. Choose one that suits your style and taste. It should be something that you’re excited to ride and be seen riding on. Several scooters also have customizing options, which lets you make a scooter uniquely your own.
Best Razor Electric Scooters Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Practice with your scooter before you start using it as your primary method of transportation. Learn how to operate and balance your scooter before you try carrying items while riding.
- Learn your state and local laws about riding a scooter. That way, you don’t unknowingly break the law while riding your scooter.
- Properly maintain your electric scooter to ensure it stays in reliable running condition. Check the moving parts and clean out the dirt and debris.
Q: What is the difference between the Razor electric scooters?
The biggest difference is the size of the battery and how powerful the motor is. Some scooters have larger batteries that allow them to travel for longer between charges. More powerful motors help the scooter to go faster.
Q: How much does a Razor electric scooter cost?
Razor electric scooters come in a range of prices. They can cost as few as a couple of hundred dollars to almost a thousand dollars. The more powerful the motor, the larger the battery, and the more included features will increase the scooter’s cost.
Q: Can adults ride Razor electric scooters?
Yes, in fact, many of the larger and more powerful scooters are only meant for adults as they are too powerful or large for a child to be able to operate safely. Most electric scooters have high enough weight capacities for adults to ride safely.
You can’t go wrong with the Razor E200 Electric Scooter with its decent top speed and 40-minute run time. A smart, affordable alternative is the Razor E100 Electric Scooter. It’s perfect for a short commute and has a long run time.