The Best Garage Floor Tiles (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
Protect your garage floor and make it safer with these garage floor tiles.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Gregory Bradshaw / LAST UPDATED ON March 21, 2021
Home garages are a haven for many homeowners. Many of us have performed auto mechanic work on either our current or classic vehicles in our garages. Homeowners install garage floor tiles for a variety of reasons. They may insist on a specific design to accentuate their garage. They may want to install tiles that protect their garage floor from oil, paint, or any other substances that could ruin the original garage floor’s integrity.
Finding the most efficient garage floor tile option isn’t a chore that should be taken lightly. Installing garage floor tile is a time-consuming project. The chore of moving everything out of your garage to accommodate your tiling project is time-consuming enough. Measuring your garage floor’s area is important in determining the amount of tile you’ll need. However, the result is a safe and secure work area that provides additional value to your workspace. Without further ado, here is our review of the best garage floor tiles.
Light, durable, black, and gray dual-sided mats provide seamless installation in any garage.
Durable and non-toxic. Can be used in children’s rooms basements, and other workspaces.
Can come apart after only a short time of wear and tear.
Black, foam-based option contains 18 pieces that can be installed in puzzle form.
Contains smaller mats to provide more flexibility for installation.
Soft foam construction can lead the mats to become dented by heavy objects.
This foam option comes in a variety of colors, as well as a variety of sizes.
Provides sound and shock absorption.
Best used in your garage; too thin for other rooms.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Garage Floor Tiles Benefits
- Protect your floor from substance spills. While working in your garage, it’s possible to spill water and oil on your garage floor. Garage floor tiles help absorb these spills while maintaining your garage floor’s integrity.
- Water- and oil-resistant. This helps prevent slips and falls. They are also easy to clean, with many tiling options requiring only soap and water to clean.
- Provide health benefits. Purchasing a softer tile option helps reduce back, joint, and leg strain. Softer tiling options are common in auto mechanic shops where a softer floor surface becomes extremely helpful for mechanics that stand for a long period.
- Slip-resistant. In maintaining the theme of health benefits, various surface patterns like diamond patterns make each tile slip-resistant. These various patterns offer a firm stepping surface in place of common flat and smooth garage floors.
- Unique look enhances décor. This gives your garage a cosmetic look for you to be proud of. It could also add value to your garage in case you’re looking to sell your house.
- Serve a variety of functions. Not only can foam-based tiling be used for garage floor tiling options, but they can also be used for the kitchen, living room, and especially for children’s playrooms.
Type of Garage Floor Tiles
Hard Plastic Tiles
These tiles are the most common, with many of them constructed in high-impact polypropylene built to support heavy objects and maintain original floor integrity.
This option is made thicker than its plastic counterpart to reduce back, leg, and joint strain caused by long periods of standing on your feet. This option is also conducive to noise absorption designed to reduce noise and vibration.
This China-based company was established in 2011 and provides products for the outdoors as well as indoors. This mini heat gun fits seamlessly with the garage themed focus of this review.
This German-based company focuses mostly on workout mats designed to streamline your daily workout. These mats can also be used for your garage floor tiling needs, providing the versatility that is essential for any product.
Founded in 2010, this company focuses primarily on products for pets, yoga, and home appliances. It also provides garage floor tiling options that allow them to remain competitive in today’s forever changing market. Additional items like this barbell squat pad make this garage floor tiling option worthwhile.
Garage Floor Tile Pricing
- $20-$100: Garage tiling options in this price range are constructed primarily of foam and are thicker in stature to reduce leg, back, and joint pain. They also can be used for other rooms in your home like the kitchen or children’s play area.
- $100 and up: This price range focuses primarily on tiles made from impact-resistant plastic. This oil proof option provides optimal protection for your floor. It also contains flat surface diamond or circle patterns that provide a firm walking surface.
Garage floor tiles are constructed in either impact-resistant plastic or foam. The impact-resistant plastic option protects your garage floor from heavy objects that might chip or break your floor. The foam option is thicker in height to reduce back or leg strain. It is also vibration resistant and reduces sound impact within the room where the tile is placed.
The impact-resistant plastic option is oil and waterproof. This protects the tiles from oil stains and other standing substances that can cause slip and falls. This option contains flat surface diamond or circular patterns that provide a firm grip while walking.
The impact-resistant option can be assembled using the loop to peg the interlocking snap-in method. In contrast, the foam constructed option is designed in an interlocking puzzle piece assembly. The regularly sized foam mats can be easily cut apart to provide optimal space efficiency. They also contain corner and end pieces to further provide space efficiency.
- Versatility. The impact-resistant plastic option can be cleaned slightly more efficiently than the foam option because it is less time-consuming to clean plastic. The foam option is a little more versatile because it can be used in other rooms of your home in addition to your garage.
Best Garage Floor Tiles Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- When choosing a garage flooring option, it’s best to strongly consider an option that contains flat surface patterns that help maintain your ability to walk on tiled floor.
Q: What is the best tile for a garage floor?
The best tile for a garage floor is plastic constructed tile because it is impact- and slip-resistant.
Q: How much is the best tile for a garage floor?
The best tile for a garage floor carries a price tag between $120 and $240.
Q: Who makes the best tiles for the garage floor?
The best tile for a garage floor is made by Innhom because of the versatility and safety it provides.