Best Scooter Luggage: Cruise Around the Airport in Style
Purchase a luggage scooter to make traveling more fun
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Noelle Talmon / LAST UPDATED ON September 23, 2019
If you want to make traveling a little easier and a lot more fun, you may want to invest in a luggage scooter. The great thing about this type of suitcase is that it isn't just for kids. Both children and adults can glide around the airport or train station without worrying about carrying a bag. Check out some of the best luggage scooters in our buying guide below.
This robot-style scooter luggage is TSA-approved and meets all domestic and international size requirements. It comes with a one-year warranty and features light-up LED wheels. It measures 13.5 by 8 by 19.5 inches.
The luggage is lightweight and easy for toddlers and small children to ride on or pull. The exterior is water- and scratch-resistant, and the wheels roll smoothly. It's also easy to steer, and the scooter folds and locks into place.
One downside is the luggage is a little more expensive than some of its rivals. Designed for children.
One issue with this product is it may be difficult to turn. It is also a little heavy and can be hard to open and close.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Scooter Luggage
- Fun designs. There’s a niche of scooter luggage aimed for children, with plenty of fun characters and colors to make traveling fun for youngsters.
- Makes parents feel stress-free. Traveling with little ones can be stressful. Fortunately, these products mean you don’t have to carry your child’s luggage, as they’ll love traveling with it themselves.
- Extra features versus a traditional suitcase. These products are designed to fit your travel essentials, with the added benefit of not having to lug or carry your suitcase through the airport. They’re fun to use and exciting for children.
Types of Scooter Luggage
Kids’ scooter luggage have a small capacity, and generally don’t feature different compartments for storage. They’re enticing to look at, as they’re designed with bright and fun characters to appeal to kids.
These types of products feature a stable steering system for ultimate safety and protection for kids. This way, they’re not prone to accidents and the item remains comfortable to use. It’ll also fold away easily, making it convenient for parents to store when not in use.
Alternatively, adult scooter luggage is designed more on practicality and function than appearance. As a result, it won’t feature cartoons on the front, but you have equally as many style and color choices to choose from.
They are fitted with a larger handle so adults can steer and control the scooter around the airport. Plus, they tend to have more compartments, such as exterior pockets to keep passports, documents, and devices at hand. The maximum weight is also much more than scooter luggage aimed at kids.
Founded in 2017 with the launch of the Voyage Pillow, Sondre prides itself on creating luxury travel accessories to make your life easier. Whether you’re looking for tools for a longhaul flight, around the airport, or for a daily commute, it aims to make you feel more comfortable and at ease no matter where you’re headed. From the company’s related products, we recommend the Sondre 20-Inch Scooter Suitcase. This product is designed for adults and features a full aluminum frame and a tie rod that is easy to get on and off.
ZincFlyte is the perfect brand for travel lovers. It aims to get your holiday started from the moment you pack, thanks to its fun travel essentials. ZincFlyte provides a great traveling solution for children, and helps to make parents’ lives especially easier. From its selection, we recommend the ZincFlyte Flyte Luggage. It’s sturdy for quick rides, yet squishy enough to not take up too much space in a plane. Its 25-liter capacity makes it an ideal purchase for taking on a plane, as there’s plenty of room for your child’s travel essentials.
Trunki was founded in 2006 and has found much success with designing and developing children’s roll-on scooter luggage. It aims to make traveling fun for children and stress-free for adults with a range of portable products and accessories.
The Trunki Ride-On Scooter is a popular choice for children. Its stress-free design and multi-functional strap allows parents to tow tired children on the rolling luggage without any difficulties. There are plenty of characters to choose from, so there’s a design your child will love.
Scooter Luggage Pricing
- Up to $60: This price range offers a capacity of up to 21 liters, making it the smallest type of case. The exterior will be bright and colorful, yet the case won’t be designed with weatherproof, lightweight materials.
- $60-$100: This price range is typically the best-seller for travel essentials. Expect a capacity of around 25 liters, and a high-quality zipper that doesn’t easily get stuck. The handlebars will be responsive, and be easily foldable for storage.
- $100 and up: For the most expensive items, the wheels will be thick and high-quality, making them smooth to travel over all surfaces. The product will also be lightweight and use materials such as aluminum to make it long-lasting.
These products are manufactured to make your life easier and more fun when traveling. As such, they’re lighter than most luggage. The average scooter luggage weighs around 12 pounds. This makes traveling with the luggage stress-free and convenient while allowing you to fill it with more of your travel necessities.
Scooter luggage can only be sturdy and long-lasting if it’s made with high-quality, reliable materials. Look for materials such as polycarbonate for the build on the outside. This material is strong and prevents any damage to the item from bumps and scratches. It’s also weatherproof, making it great for traveling outdoors.
The wheels should be reliable and smooth as you transition around corners. High-quality scooter luggage won’t cause a bumpy ride, even as you travel over uneven surfaces or wet patches through an airport. The handlebars will be made of aluminum for a lightweight material that responds to your steering.
- Storage. The amount of storage you need depends on how long your trip will be. For a two- to three-day trip, consider a suitcase with a capacity of around 35 liters.
- Warranty. You want your purchase to last as long as possible. Unfortunately, errors and mistakes happen. Therefore, opt for a warranty of at least 30 days. This will give you peace of mind, and the company will either replace or refund for the error.
- Pockets and Storage Space. Consider an item with multiple pockets and storage compartments, so you can organize your belongings into different sections. This allows you to have everything you need at hand without searching through your case.
Best Scooter Luggage Reviews & Recommendations 2020
- Look for luggage that is able to withstand a lot of use. It should also be designed in a way that easily fits into an overhead bin should you decide to take it with you on the plane.
- Think about storage capacity if you’re considering a luggage scooter. It tends to be a bit smaller than traditional luggage.
- Check out the luggage warranty. Longer warranties are better because they will cover repairs and parts for a longer period of time. Most don’t provide complete replacements.
Q: Can I use a luggage scooter at the airport and in train stations?
A: If you check your bag, you can use a luggage scooter. However, you must make sure the luggage scooter meets carry-on dimensions if you decide to take it on the plane. The same rules typically apply to train travel but contact your train station in advance to make sure.
Q: Are luggage scooters for both kids and adults?
A: Yes. Both children and adults can use luggage scooters, but they are particularly appealing for kids because they are fun and enable them to keep up with their families.
Q: Is scooter luggage durable?
A: Yes. It is designed to be long-lasting and to take a moderate amount of abuse. It is usually built with an aluminum frame and polycarbonate plastic.
Our pick for the best scooter luggage is the Kiddie Totes 19” Hardshell Carry-on Scooter Suitcase. It features fun designs and light-up LED wheels and is easy for toddlers and small children to use.
For a slightly less expensive option, consider the ZincFlyte Flyte Kids Luggage Scooter 18".