Best 10×50 Binoculars: See Further and More Clearly
Enjoy the outdoors, sporting events, or look at the stars with these top 10x50 binocular
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
If you are an avid hiker, bird watcher, or enjoy being outdoors and are in need of a good pair of binoculars to see the game, then 10x50 binoculars are a good option. With so many various types to choose from, how can you be sure you’re getting the best? What do those numbers even mean? Well, we’re here to help you understand their specifications and find the best binoculars to help you see more clearly. Here are the top 10x50 binoculars to consider before you hit the trail.
These are mighty powerful and heavy-duty 10x50 binoculars. They are designed out of a lightweight polymer frame and include multi-coated lenses for improved vision.
These binoculars include a five-degree exit pupil and a superior low-light performance level for brighter vision. they provide the viewer with a clear and crisp image and include comfortable eyecups.
You will pay a good amount for them. The adjustable strap isn’t the easiest to get in place. The field of view is rather narrow.
These Skygenius binoculars feature aspherical lenses with a multi-layer lens coating for a brighter and more enhanced view.
They are developed out of tough, non-slip rubber and are shock absorbent. They feature a diopter system that adjusts the imbalance of your eyes. The focus knob is easy to operate and does so smoothly. Come with bak-4 prisms.
While they may be water-resistant, they are not waterproof. They don’t feature night vision, and the neck strap can be difficult to adjust.
Nikon understands how to build quality lenses, and the ACULON 10x50 binoculars are impressive. They are lightweight and feature spherical multi-coated eco-glass lenses.
They include a Porro prism, which gives them a unique design and shape. They are easy to grip with a durable rubber-armored coating. They come with turn-and-slide rubber eyecups for more comfortable viewing and feature a sharp and clear view.
The instruction manual isn’t that informative. The neck strap feels flimsy and weak. They can take a bit of time to properly focus on an object.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of 10x50 Binoculars
- See further. 10x50 binoculars allow you to see an object that is far away to provide you with a better image. While you may be able to see something with your naked eye, you may not be able to see it clearly. A binocular lens focuses your vision to allow you to see as far as 12 miles away. The human eye can only see up to three miles away on a clear day.
- See more details. When using 10x50 binoculars, you can make out details on whatever is in the viewfinder. You may be able to point out a bird with your eyes, but binoculars let you see individual feathers and colors you may not have noticed.
- Brighten images. One great benefit of binoculars is they brighten an image seen through the lens. Larger lenses will feature a larger light transmission. You will also find Porro prism binoculars filter in more light as well.
Types of 10x50 Binoculars
One of the most common types of binoculars are ones with a Porro prism inside of them. The prism allows more light to filter through the glass so you get a brighter image. This makes the binoculars stand out a bit more as well. Porro prism binoculars are more commonly used by nature photographers.
Roof prism binoculars aren’t as wide or robust as Porro binoculars. That’s because the glass is side by side instead of askew like its counterpart. The glass is designed that way to make the binoculars more dependable and tougher. However, this design is usually more expensive.
Based out of Lander, Wyoming, Maven is one of the leading manufacturers of optic wear. The company released its high-performance optics in 2014 and designs everything from binoculars and scopes built for rifles. One of its most popular 10x50 binoculars is the Maven C3 ED Binocular.
Nikon has been in the business of designing and creating optics for the past 90 years. The company makes high-quality lenses for binoculars, riflescopes, rangefinders, spotting scopes, and Fieldscopes. For one of its most popular 10x50 binoculars, consider the Nikon 8248 ACULON 10x50 Binoculars.
10x50 Binoculars Pricing
- $40-$100: 10x50 binoculars in this price range are great for anyone who is just starting out bird watching or getting used to binoculars. They are typically lighter and easier to carry and may not be as powerful as higher-priced brands. They may also be made out of cheaper materials.
- $100 and up: Binoculars found here are more robust and come with thicker glass. They feature wide-angle vision and produce brighter images. They are also developed out of sturdier materials and are more rugged.
10x50 binoculars feature an objective lens size of 50mm. The large size allows them to filter in more light to produce brighter objects in the viewfinder. While this review is focused on 10x50 binoculars, the lens is measured in millimeters and can range from 30mm to 80mm and higher.
The eyepiece or eyecup should be comfortable on your face. After all, you will be looking through them for long periods of time. If you need larger eyepieces or ones to fit over eyeglasses, you should be able to swap them out.
You can find the magnification of binoculars by looking at the first number. In the case of 10x50, they have a 10x magnification. To find what is known as the exit pupil take the magnification and divide it by the objective lens size. The pupil is how much light is filtered through the lens.
- Design: Think about where you will be using the 10x50 binoculars. If you need them for everyday use to look at birds, animals, or sporting events, then choose a product that is heavy-duty. Lighter ones are useful for hikers or campers who don’t want to lug around a heavy pair of binoculars around their necks.
- Tripod Adapter: Binoculars require a steady hand in order to see things clearly. You can get a tripod to hold the binoculars still while you look through them. It steadies the binoculars to reduce them from wobbling around.
Best 10x50 Binoculars Reviews & Recommendations 2020
- Consider attaching the neck or shoulder strap to the binoculars to avoid accidentally dropping them.
- To avoid a blurry image, don’t zoom in all the way to focus on an object. Try zooming in all the way and slowly zooming back out until the image is in focus.
- Leave the lens caps on to prevent any damage to the lenses while walking with the binoculars.
- Place the binoculars on a tripod for a clearer and more sturdy image.
- Get a pair of binoculars with larger eyecups if you wear glasses. That being said, if the binoculars have smaller eyecups, you may be able to swap them out for larger, more comfortable ones.
Q: What do the numbers before and after the X mean on binoculars?
A: The number before the X is the power or zoom of the lens and lets you know how much they will magnify an object. An object in 10x50 binoculars will be 10x closer than the naked eye. The second number is written in millimeters and represents the diameter of the lens.
Q: What is the exit or pupil ratio, and how do I find it?
A: To determine the exit ratio of your binoculars, or the image brightness seen through the lenses, take the numbers of the magnification and the objective lens diameter and divide them. When using 10x50 in the equation, we get an exit pupil ratio of 5.0. The larger the number, the brighter the image will be.
Q: What is the best way to clean binocular lenses?
A: Use a soft or microfiber cloth to wipe away any smears or smudges to clean the lenses. You can also use a towel, but be careful not to scratch the glass.
For one of the most powerful 10x50 binoculars with a clear and crisp image, consider the Maven C3 ED Binocular.
You can go with a less expensive option and still get a great pair of binoculars with the SkyGenius 10x50 Powerful Binoculars.