Best In-Channel Vent Visors: Improve Ventilation in Your Vehicle
Well-designed vent visors keep water, wind, and sun rays away
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Proper air circulation in your car makes driving more comfortable and enjoyable. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to promote ventilation in your vehicle is to install vent visors. They make it possible to crack the window a few inches, allowing a cool breeze inside, while keeping the wind and the rain out. We list some of the best in-channel vent visors on the market to help you make an informed buying decision.
If you are looking for quality vent visors that will let you drive comfortably in rainy, snowy, icy, and windy conditions, the Goodyear Vent Visor is ideal. It features a durable, shatterproof polycarbonate material that will not crack, break, or chip, ensuring years of service. It fits on the 2014-2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 2016-2018 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, 2015-2019 Silverado 2500HD,3500HD Crew Cab, GMC Sierra 2014-2018 1500 Crew Cab, 2015-2018 Sierra 2500HD,and 3500HD Crew Cab.
- Offers a perfect fit
- Easy to install
- Design gives a sleek appearance to your vehicle
- Great color that matches all vehicles and provides sun protection without fading
- Not a universal fit
- After installation, you have to close the window for 72 hours, which is not convenient for everyone.
If you want a cheaper option, Auto Ventshade leads the way. This vent visor is custom made with precision to fit perfectly, allowing fresh air to naturally circulate through partially open windows while keeping the wind out. It fits 2007-2014 Chevrolet; GMC Avalanche; Silverado 1500,2500, and 3500; Suburban 1500 and 2500; Sierra 1500; Sierra 2500 and 3500; and Yukon Xl.
- Tinted and reinforced with acrylic, making it UV- and scratch-resistant as well as car wash safe
- Sleek and streamlined appearance improves your vehicle aerodynamics
- Has a limited lifetime warranty
- Out of a set, there may be one that does not fit properly
- If not affixed properly, it may fall off
- Does not fit all models
This vent visor makes your ride more enjoyable, allowing you to open the windows and let the breeze in without worrying about wind, snow, rain, or the blazing sunshine. It is constructed with sturdy and shatterproof dark-colored PC plastic to prevent cracking, breaking, or bending.
- Features a smart, streamlined design that will add to the look of your car
- Features in-channel 3M tape for extra grip to avoid falling off
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and is durable
- This particular vent visor fits only Toyota 2016-2019 Tacoma Double Cab. However, you can get the same brand that fits your model.
- Adhesive in the groove is not strong enough
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of In-Channel Vent Visors
- Increase airflow. The best in-channel vent visors allow you to leave your window open no matter the weather. If you need to crack the window open a bit to defog the windshield, you can do so without letting in any rain.
- Feel more relaxed. A vent visor can also keep you worry-free if you have a window that won’t stay completely closed. It can block air, wind, and water from entering through the crack so you aren’t soaked.
- Circulate air. The vent visor can also help flush out air from your vehicle without forcing you to open the window all the way. If you have any fog, smoke, or dust in your car while you're driving, but it’s raining outside, you can crack the window a bit and allow the particles to escape easily and quickly.
- Deflect rain. A vent visor’s main purpose is to deflect rain or snow. Without one, water will run down the side of your window and may even enter through a minuscule crack, ruining your leather seats or dash. A visor hangs just over the top of your window and guides the water away from your window like a gutter on a house.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is much more than a tire manufacturer. The company also designs top of the line gear and accessories for vehicles, trucks, SUVs, and cars as well. Founded in 1898 by Frank Seiberling in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is one of the most well-known tire manufacturing companies to exist. Check out its Goodyear In-Channel Vent Visors to better protect your vehicle from water.
With a headquarters in Bolingbrook, Ill., Weathertech is known for protecting vehicles, trucks, SUVs, and cars from all sorts of inclement weather. Founded by David MacNeil, the company manufactures floor liners, window deflectors, floor mats, mud flaps, and other accessories. The Weathertech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors are one of its best choices for vent visors.
In-Channel Vent Visors Pricing
- Under $40: Window visors or deflectors in this price range will be made out of high-quality materials. They may not fit all types of vehicles, so you will want to double-check before making your final purchase.
- $40 and up: The main difference you’ll find when it comes to rain deflectors is what vehicles they fit on. Since vehicles come with different shapes and sizes of windows, you will have to find ones specifically designed for your car. You will also pay more if your car has four windows instead of two.
In-channel vent visors all function the exact same way. By guiding water away from your window, you’ll stay drier and cozier inside your vehicle. The one way they differ is how they are made. Many will be made out of a lightweight plastic material that is fine, but they may start to crack in intense heat. You’ll want a rain deflector that is robust enough to handle any temperature or weather. Consider one made out of a lightweight and sturdy shatterproof polycarbonate.
- Number of Windows. You should keep in mind just how many windows you have on your vehicle. If you just want to prevent rain from entering the front driver and passenger windows, then you only need two deflectors.
- Region’s Climate. If you live in an area that is particularly rainy, you will want to consider rain deflectors. It can get hot and stuffy inside a vehicle, and you may want to crack the window a bit from time to time. It can help you save a bit of gas as well if you turn off the AC or heater and just open the window a bit.
Best In-Channel Vent Visors Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Most vent visors are not universal. Look for the correct one that fits perfectly with your model. Since they are made to fit comfortably without any modification, it is vital to ensure it’s the right size for your car or truck.
- Before buying a set of vent visors, see how they are installed on your vehicle. Some need adhesive, while others fit on the window channels. In-channel vent visors are best since they do not stain your vehicle, and they are easy to remove.
- Other factors to consider before buying vent visors are how tough and sturdy they are when rock debris hit them as well as how durable they are in a car wash.
Q: What do vent visors do?
Vent visors allow you to open your car window for air circulation while preventing rain and wind from entering your car. They also act as a sun shield and prevent water from entering your vehicle when it’s in the car wash.
Q: How do I install a vent visor?
In-channel vent visors are designed to perfectly fit onto your car windows’ channels, while tape-on vent visors require adhesive to fix them on the window frame. In both cases, no drilling is involved.
Q: Do vent visors reduce noise?
Yes. Vent visors deflect the wind and rain, especially when driving at high speeds. This reduces noise while improving the aerodynamics of your vehicle.
We recommend the Goodyear Shatterproof In-Channel Window Deflectors. They are water-resistant, fit well, and have an appealing design.
If you are on a budget, consider the Auto Ventshade 194515 In-Channel Ventvisor. They are one of the best options, as they work well and are durable.