LAST UPDATED: December 5, 2019
Best In-Channel Vent Visors: Improve Ventilation in Your Vehicle
Well-designed vent visors keep water, wind, and sun rays away
The Review Team
How We Decided
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
PUBLISHED ON December 5, 2019
Proper air circulation in your car makes driving more comfortable and enjoyable. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to promote ventilation in your vehicle is to install vent visors. They make it possible to crack the window a few inches, allowing a cool breeze inside, while keeping the wind and the rain out. We list some of the best in-channel vent visors on the market to help you make an informed buying decision.
If you are looking for quality vent visors that will let you drive comfortably in rainy, snowy, icy, and windy conditions, the Goodyear Vent Visor is ideal. It features a durable, shatterproof polycarbonate material that will not crack, break, or chip, ensuring years of service. It fits on the 2014-2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 2016-2018 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, 2015-2019 Silverado 2500HD,3500HD Crew Cab, GMC Sierra 2014-2018 1500 Crew Cab, 2015-2018 Sierra 2500HD,and 3500HD Crew Cab.
- Offers a perfect fit
- Easy to install
- Design gives a sleek appearance to your vehicle
- Great color that matches all vehicles and provides sun protection without fading
- Not a universal fit
- After installation, you have to close the window for 72 hours, which is not convenient for everyone.
If you want a cheaper option, Auto Ventshade leads the way. This vent visor is custom made with precision to fit perfectly, allowing fresh air to naturally circulate through partially open windows while keeping the wind out. It fits 2007-2014 Chevrolet; GMC Avalanche; Silverado 1500,2500, and 3500; Suburban 1500 and 2500; Sierra 1500; Sierra 2500 and 3500; and Yukon Xl.
- Tinted and reinforced with acrylic, making it UV- and scratch-resistant as well as car wash safe
- Sleek and streamlined appearance improves your vehicle aerodynamics
- Has a limited lifetime warranty
- Out of a set, there may be one that does not fit properly
- If not affixed properly, it may fall off
- Does not fit all models
This vent visor makes your ride more enjoyable, allowing you to open the windows and let the breeze in without worrying about wind, snow, rain, or the blazing sunshine. It is constructed with sturdy and shatterproof dark-colored PC plastic to prevent cracking, breaking, or bending.
- Features a smart, streamlined design that will add to the look of your car
- Features in-channel 3M tape for extra grip to avoid falling off
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and is durable
- This particular vent visor fits only Toyota 2016-2019 Tacoma Double Cab. However, you can get the same brand that fits your model.
- Adhesive in the groove is not strong enough
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of In-Channel Vent Visors
- Increase airflow. The best in-channel vent visors allow you to leave your window open no matter the weather. If you need to crack the window open a bit to defog the windshield, you can do so without letting in any rain.
- Feel more relaxed. A vent visor can also keep you worry-free if you have a window that won’t stay completely closed. It can block air, wind, and water from entering through the crack so you aren’t soaked.
- Circulate air. The vent visor can also help flush out air from your vehicle without forcing you to open the window all the way. If you have any fog, smoke, or dust in your car while you're driving, but it’s raining outside, you can crack the window a bit and allow the particles to escape easily and quickly.
- Deflect rain. A vent visor’s main purpose is to deflect rain or snow. Without one, water will run down the side of your window and may even enter through a minuscule crack, ruining your leather seats or dash. A visor hangs just over the top of your window and guides the water away from your window like a gutter on a house.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is much more than a tire manufacturer. The company also designs top of the line gear and accessories for vehicles, trucks, SUVs, and cars as well. Founded in 1898 by Frank Seiberling in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is one of the most well-known tire manufacturing companies to exist. Check out its Goodyear In-Channel Vent Visors to better protect your vehicle from water.
With a headquarters in Bolingbrook, Ill., Weathertech is known for protecting vehicles, trucks, SUVs, and cars from all sorts of inclement weather. Founded by David MacNeil, the company manufactures floor liners, window deflectors, floor mats, mud flaps, and other accessories. The Weathertech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors are one of its best choices for vent visors.
In-Channel Vent Visors Pricing
- Under $40: Window visors or deflectors in this price range will be made out of high-quality materials. They may not fit all types of vehicles, so you will want to double-check before making your final purchase.
- $40 and up: The main difference you’ll find when it comes to rain deflectors is what vehicles they fit on. Since vehicles come with different shapes and sizes of windows, you will have to find ones specifically designed for your car. You will also pay more if your car has four windows instead of two.
In-channel vent visors all function the exact same way. By guiding water away from your window, you’ll stay drier and cozier inside your vehicle. The one way they differ is how they are made. Many will be made out of a lightweight plastic material that is fine, but they may start to crack in intense heat. You’ll want a rain deflector that is robust enough to handle any temperature or weather. Consider one made out of a lightweight and sturdy shatterproof polycarbonate.
- Number of Windows. You should keep in mind just how many windows you have on your vehicle. If you just want to prevent rain from entering the front driver and passenger windows, then you only need two deflectors.
- Region’s Climate. If you live in an area that is particularly rainy, you will want to consider rain deflectors. It can get hot and stuffy inside a vehicle, and you may want to crack the window a bit from time to time. It can help you save a bit of gas as well if you turn off the AC or heater and just open the window a bit.
Best In-Channel Vent Visors Reviews & Recommendations 2021
Goodyear’s In-Channel Vent Visor gives you the freedom to drive comfortably in rainy, snowy, icy, and windy conditions with the windows cracked. Each one features a durable, shatterproof polycarbonate material that is designed not to crack, break, or chip, ensuring years of use. The kit can fit on both the front and rear driver and passenger windows.
Each visor fits perfectly, is water-resistant, and is easy to install. The visor’s design gives them a sleek appearance to your truck. Plus, the color matches all vehicles and provides sun protection without fading. It fits the 2014-2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 2016-2018 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, 2015-2019 Silverado 2500HD,3500HD Crew Cab, GMC Sierra 2014-2018 1500 Crew Cab, 2015-2018 Sierra 2500HD,and 3500HD Crew Cab.
There aren’t a lot of drawbacks with Goodyear’s brand of in-channel vent visor. The one main hiccup we found comes after they are already installed. You will have to wait up to three days to test them out. The company suggests you close the window for 72 hours, which is a little inconvenient.
A lower-priced choice for in-channel vent visors are from Auto Ventshade. This vent visor is custom made with precision to fit perfectly on your vehicle. The visors allow fresh air to naturally circulate through partially open windows while keeping the wind and rain out. The kit comes in a set of four.
Each visor is tinted and reinforced with acrylic, making them UV- and scratch-resistant as well as car wash safe. Their sleek and streamlined appearance also improves your vehicle aerodynamics. Also, they come with a limited lifetime warranty. These fit 2007-2014 Chevrolet; GMC Avalanche; Silverado 1500,2500, and 3500; Suburban 1500 and 2500; Sierra 1500; Sierra 2500 and 3500; and Yukon Xl.
If you’re looking for negatives about this particular set of vent visors, they are slim. Out of an entire set, there may be one that does not fit properly. If one is not fitted properly onto your truck, it may loosen and fall off with time. Also, the visors are not compatible with all models.
CLIM ART’s vent visor makes your ride just a little bit more enjoyable, allowing you to open the windows and let the breeze in without worrying about wind, snow, rain, or the sun. It is constructed with sturdy and shatterproof dark-colored PC plastic to prevent cracking, breaking, or bending.
As far as benefits go, each visor features a smart, streamlined design adding to the overall look of your car. The visors include in-channel 3M tape for extra grip to avoid falling off as well. They are durable and reliable as well, so they won’t buckle under pressure. Plus, each one is backed by a lifetime warranty.
If you’re looking to add this to any vehicle, you’re out of luck. This particular vent visor only fits Toyotas between 2016-2019 and the Tacoma Double Cab. However, you can find the same brand that fits your model—all you have to do is search. Plus, the adhesive in the groove could be a little stronger.
The Auto Ventshade 194166 In-Channel Ventvisor is a bit different than our previous choice. First off, its thicker design makes it much more effective at blocking and reducing wind noise and resistance. The visor has a sleek design and is tinted to blend in better with the window and door frame.
The set is also UV-resistant and built to stay out in the sun without fading. It’s even safe to take through a car wash. But by far one of its better features is its ability to block rain while the window is cracked. It isn’t too bulky that you’ll notice it, but it’s wide enough to prevent water from trickling through the windows as it rolls down the window. Also, it’s simple to install and set at a low price.
You may need to trim or file them down just a bit in order to fit properly on some vehicle models. There have also been complaints that the adhesive that holds the visor to the window may not adhere correctly. It may take some time to get it to hold, or you may even need another type of tape.
WeatherTech is a company that understands what it means to protect your vehicle from, well, the weather. Its WeatherTech Fit Window Deflectors are designed to mold directly to the window so they aren’t noticeable. They are aerodynamically designed so there is no wind resistance when driving down the highway as well.
The set comes with two front and two rear window visors. They are a great premium choice for anyone who wants to crack the windows without getting soaked by rain. They are also quite universal and are capable of fitting on a number of vehicles. They slip on easily and don’t take much time to install either.
However, the biggest downfall of the WeatherTech visors is their price. They are one of the most expensive deflectors to make our list. Another issue may be found in the way they are constructed. While they may look robust and thick, they feel cheap and flimsy when installing them. The instructions may also not be the clearest.
The EGR in-Channel Window Visors are a mid-range set of four deflectors. They install easily and quickly and come with instructions that are simple to follow. When they are set in place, they add a more aggressive and streamlined look to any truck or vehicle they fit on. They are sleek and have a low-profile look.
As for their overall functionality, the window visors offer plenty of ventilation when the windows are cracked. They help keep the cap cool and are designed to block water and do so rather well. Plus, they can even help prevent fogging up the windows. But best of all, they simply pop into place and you don’t have to mess with any tape to hold them in place.
They are weird when it comes to what vehicles they are compatible with. If you have questions on whether they will fit, just search online. Another issue can be found in their weight. Four pounds may not be all that heavy on its own, but for window visors, it seems rather hefty.
Auto Ventshade returns with another great deflector for keeping your vehicle cool and water free. The Auto Ventshade 194109 In-Channel Ventvisor set is unique and comes with an even cooler design than previously mentioned models. The full set of four visors are also set at a lower price than other choices.
The budget-friendly vent visors allow you to slightly open your window without worrying about rain dripping off the top of the vehicle through the crack. They’re designed to be scratch-resistant and have a strong UV protection as well. There is no drilling or special tools required to install them either. Plus, they are universal and can fit on a selection of Dodge Ram vehicles.
However, it may take quite a bit of time to install them onto the windows. The included instructions may not be all that simple to follow either. They are only built for Dodge Rams and may not be compatible with other types of vehicles.
The Rugged Ridge Smoked Acrylic Window Rain Deflectors are built for the Jeep enthusiast. The deflectors are made out of a thick 2mm smoked acrylic and stand out once installed, yet their larger design makes them much more capable of blocking rain from getting inside the Jeep.
While Wranglers are already aggressive-looking, these window visors provide an even more rugged adventure look to them. They aren’t all that expensive either, and may be considered mid-range in price. They are strong, reliable, and built to last through several adventurous excursions.
Although, when we say they stand out, they really do. They do look great, but you will be able to tell they are installed on a Jeep. They do not seem to have any sort of UV protection either, as there have been complaints with the logo fading or completely coming off over time.
- Most vent visors are not universal. Look for the correct one that fits perfectly with your model. Since they are made to fit comfortably without any modification, it is vital to ensure it’s the right size for your car or truck.
- Before buying a set of vent visors, see how they are installed on your vehicle. Some need adhesive, while others fit on the window channels. In-channel vent visors are best since they do not stain your vehicle, and they are easy to remove.
- Other factors to consider before buying vent visors are how tough and sturdy they are when rock debris hit them as well as how durable they are in a car wash.
Q: What do vent visors do?
Vent visors allow you to open your car window for air circulation while preventing rain and wind from entering your car. They also act as a sun shield and prevent water from entering your vehicle when it’s in the car wash.
Q: How do I install a vent visor?
In-channel vent visors are designed to perfectly fit onto your car windows’ channels, while tape-on vent visors require adhesive to fix them on the window frame. In both cases, no drilling is involved.
Q: Do vent visors reduce noise?
Yes. Vent visors deflect the wind and rain, especially when driving at high speeds. This reduces noise while improving the aerodynamics of your vehicle.
We recommend the Goodyear Shatterproof In-Channel Window Deflectors. They are water-resistant, fit well, and have an appealing design.
If you are on a budget, consider the Auto Ventshade 194515 In-Channel Ventvisor. They are one of the best options, as they work well and are durable.