Best 18650 Flashlights: Powerful Lights for Camping, Home, and Safety
Never be lost in the dark again with these bright 18650 flashlights
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 31, 2019
A flashlight is one of the most useful tools you can have around the house, workplace, or car. You never know when the power is going to go out or you need to search the dark for something. One of the best and brightest types of flashlights are 18650 models. Their large size and robust batteries keep them powered up for hours. If you need a strong light to shine the way, consider one of these 18650 flashlights to keep nearby.
- Best OverallThruNite XP-L Edition 1110 Lumen Single CREE LED EDC 18650 FlashlightSummarySummaryA powerful and sturdy 1110 lumen 18650 flashlight that is capable of lasting up to 74 days.ProsProsThe light features five various modes, it’s lightweight and easy to carry, features a durable pocket clip, and the casing is sturdy and capable of taking a beating.ConsConsThe biggest downside is it heats up quickly and can get quite hot in your hands. And there isn’t much difference between the last two settings.
- Best ValueGearLight M10 18650 Tactical FlashlightSummarySummaryA small yet incredible 18650 flashlight with five modes, an adjustable zoom, and plenty of hours of light.ProsProsIt’s developed with an anti-slip aluminum body and made out of a tough military-grade metal for increased reliability. It’s both weather and shockproof and features a wide beam with a bluish tint. Plus, you get two out of the box.ConsConsIt may not be as bright as other 18650 flashlights, getting to the different modes can be a hassle due to clicking the button multiple times, and it’s a bit hefty.
- Honorable MentionFenix PD35 TAC 1000 Lumen 18650 FlashlightSummarySummary
A 1000 lumen rechargeable flashlight with a maximum lifespan of around 50,000 hoursProsProsIt’s a small and lightweight flashlight that fits comfortably in a pocket, features a bright and powerful light, includes a convenient and easy-to-use brightness level switch, and comes with a lengthy battery time.ConsConsThe highest setting can make it overheat, the flashlight holster isn’t the greatest and feels flimsy, and the button to switch modes can be a hassle to understand at first.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- Don’t leave any flashlight on the highest and brightest setting for very long. It can become too hot and may eventually burn you if you are not careful.
- If you leave it in your pocket, be sure it doesn’t accidentally turn on while you’re walking. It may be best to leave it in a pocket without other accessories next to it.
- Put the flashlight in an easy-to-reach location around the house, office, or car to find it quickly in case of an emergency.
Q: What is a 18650 flashlight?
A: These flashlights get their name from the size of the battery that powers them. Each one measures 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length. They are robust and powerful for long-lasting light.
Q: What is a flashlight’s strobe setting used for?
A: The main reason for the strobe setting is to alert people of your position. It works best if you ever find yourself lost in the middle of the woods or difficult-to-reach place or if you need to signal someone else.
Q: What is the definition of a lumen?
A: To better understand your flashlight and its power, you need to look at how many lumens it has. A lumen is the measurement of the amount of light released per second. A flashlight with a greater amount of lumens will be brighter and more powerful. However, it will also use more battery power and may run out more quickly.
For a strong, durable, and bright 18650 flashlight, consider the ThruNite TN12 XP-L Edition 1110 Lumen Single CREE XP-L LED EDC 18650 Flashlight.
You can also check out the GearLight M10 18650 Tactical Flashlight to get two compact and bright flashlights.