Best ATV Covers: Protect Your Ride from the Elements
These top ATV covers will keep your ATV protected and in great condition
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Whether you store your ATV inside or outside, it should be protected from harmful conditions such as bad weather, animals, and dust. The best ATV cover can prevent expensive repair costs that arise from leaving an ATV exposed to the elements. This buying guide includes some of the best ATV covers available.
This cover is made of rip-resistant 300D polyester fabric. It's waterproof, and the seams are taped to keep water and moisture out.
- Vents prevent mildew from building up
- Cover can be used on the ATV while it's on a trailer
- Has a zipper panel, which allows access to the gas tank, console, etc.
- Has a tendency to fade when exposed to sunlight
- Logo is very visible, and some people don't like that type of language to be so prominent
An all-black cover made out of 190T polyester cloth that is rated to be completely waterproof and built to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Cover comes with its own storage bag
- Designed to fit on multiple types of ATVs and brands
- Reasonably priced
- Fabric isn’t the thickest
- Doesn’t have strong UV protection
This ATV cover comes at a budget-friendly price. The camouflage design helps it blend in with the outdoors, and it provides essential protection for an ATV.
- Elastic seams ensure a tight fit
- Seams are double stitched for added durability
- Comes with a storage bag
- This unit isn’t meant for extreme weather and is more suitable for light use
- There have been concerns about its long-term durability
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of ATV Covers
- Rain protection. ATV covers are waterproof to provide adequate protection against rain and other elements, such as wind. The best ATV covers are breathable to prevent moisture and the development of mildew.
- UV protection. Most ATV covers are UV-resistant to protect against the harmful rays of the sun. These covers have a special layer to reflect the harmful rays of the sun and keep the chrome, paint, and other finishes on your ATV looking new.
- Keeps your ATV clean. Good-quality ATV covers successfully protect the vehicle from pollen, dust, and mildew. They prevent scratching and allow moisture to escape to prevent fading and cracking of the paint.
Types of ATV covers
Indoor ATV covers only provide basic protection from dust, debris and moisture. They are a little thinner in their construction because they are not UV-resistant. The covers are light enough to allow adequate flow of air but also keep dust and other elements such as pollen away from the ATV. Sufficient airflow prevents moisture build up, thus preventing mildew, rust, and mold from forming.
Outdoor ATV covers are sufficiently waterproof and provide UV protection at a minimum. The reflective layer keeps out the harmful rays of the sun to prevent fading and cracking of the finish on your vehicle. These ATV covers are thicker than their indoor counterparts to provide adequate insulation against heat and cold.
Oxgord is a specialist in home products and automotive accessories. Oxgord, founded in 2011, is a privately held company, and its headquarters are in Carson, California. They make a wide variety of ATV covers, both indoor and outdoor, such as the OxGord Signature ATV Cover.
This outdoor recreation products brand is a subsidiary of Newell Brands. Coleman Company, the manufacturer of theColeman MadDog GearAll Weather Protection ATV Cover, has its headquarters in Chicago and facilities spread out in Texas, Kansas, and Wichita. William Coffin Coleman, the company's founder, started off by selling gasoline pressure lamps in 1900.
Established in 1996, Pilot Automotive has established itself as a major auto distributor and supplier of truck and car accessories, import performance parts, lighting products, and more. Its products include thePilot Automotive CC-6211 Green ATV Cover. The company was initially created for the DIY market. Pilot Automotive is in California.
ATV Covers Pricing
- Under $30: ATV covers in this price range provide basic protection against UV rays and every other kind of weather. Most of them have double-stitched and reinforced seams, and the material is durable.
- $30-$80: Water-resistance, easy installation, breathability, and a soft backing to prevent scratching are the main features for a storage cover in this price range. They are versatile and may be lockable to prevent theft.
- Over $80: The ATV covers in this category are mostly large in size. A heavy-duty ATV cover will shelter your ATV against abrasion and the elements, including rain, wind, and snow. They also keep other nuisances such as pollen, dust, dirt, birds, and mildew away from your ATV. Additional premium features may include night reflectivity, an extended warranty (such as a 3-year warranty), and taped seams.
At a bare minimum, you should expect ATV covers to protect against water. Ideally, the cover should be breathable and have small air vents to allow the free flow of moisture into and out of the cover and prevent mildew and mold. This also applies to indoor ATV covers, as a mid-winter roof leak could occur, and it is always good to be on the safe side.
You want something that is going to cover the entire ATV to provide the necessary protection. An oversized ATV cover is not any good as it will allow moisture to seep through, potentially damaging some parts of the ATV. The ATV cover should secure firmly with straps and elastic hems.
UV protection is a common feature in outdoor ATV covers. The weather-resistant ATV cover will mostly feature a reflective layer to redirect most of the heat and harmful rays of the sun. Some people overlook the potential damage that UV light can have on an ATV. If your ATV is stored mostly outdoors, make sure the cover has adequate protection against the sun’s potentially damaging rays.
The primary goal of a high-quality ATV cover is to protect it against the elements for several years. While most of the covers have heavy-duty materials and components, some of them do not, and they don’t last very long. Check for double-stitching to enhance durability. The additional seam prevents fraying and disintegration of the ATV cover over time.
- Elastic Hems, Straps, and Buckles: These three components will help secure the ATV cover appropriately. And while straps and buckles will provide the most secure closures, elastic hems and velcro are quicker and easier to use. Some ATV covers will also come with zipper closures in addition to velcro for more convenience.
- Storage Bag: A separate bag to store your heavy-duty ATV cover when not in use is a must-have. The pack increases the lifespan of the protective cover by protecting it from the elements and abuse when not in use. A good-quality storage bag also makes it easier to track and stow your ATV cover.
Best ATV Covers Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Softer materials like cotton don’t scratch an ATV, but nylon and other hard materials can cause issues. It’s worth checking the material and getting one with a non-scratch inner lining.
- Covers with buckles and straps have a more secure fit but can be cumbersome to fit and remove. Covers with elastic hems are less secure but easier to fit and remove.
- When storing an ATV outside, it should have adequate protection from the elements. Waterproof covers with UV protection are recommended and can also be used indoors if necessary.
Q. What’s the difference between indoor and outdoor covers?
Indoor covers are normally made from cotton or nylon and are soft to prevent scratching. They normally protect against dust and moisture. Outdoor covers are normally made from canvas, PVC, or a similar material. They often offer weather protection, especially against rain and UV rays.
Q. How long will an ATV cover last?
It depends on many factors, such as its exposure to harsh environments and storage conditions. Top-quality covers should have a lifespan of at least several years, with the average lifespan being around five years.
Q. How do I know if an ATV cover will fit correctly?
ATV covers come in a number of sizes, so you should accurately measure your vehicle and compare it to the desired cover. Most manufacturers also have charts to match the ATV with the correct cover size.
Our top pick is the Badass Moto Heavy-Duty, Triple-Waterproof 4 Wheeler Cover due to its rugged, heavy-duty construction, universal fit, and waterproof capability.
The Tokept Black ATV Cover makes a great budget-friendly cover.