Best ATV Covers: Protect Your Ride from the Elements
These top ATV covers will keep your ATV protected and in great condition
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Whether you store your ATV inside or outside, it should be protected from harmful conditions such as bad weather, animals, and dust. The best ATV cover can prevent expensive repair costs that arise from leaving an ATV exposed to the elements. This buying guide includes some of the best ATV covers available.
Badass Moto Heavy-Duty, Triple-Waterproof 4 Wheeler Cover
This cover is made of rip-resistant 300D polyester fabric. It's waterproof, and the seams are taped to keep water and moisture out.
- Vents prevent mildew from building up
- Cover can be used on the ATV while it's on a trailer
- Has a zipper panel, which allows access to the gas tank, console, etc.
- Has a tendency to fade when exposed to sunlight
- Logo is very visible, and some people don't like that type of language to be so prominent
Tokept Black ATV Cover
An all-black cover made out of 190T polyester cloth that is rated to be completely waterproof and built to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Cover comes with its own storage bag
- Designed to fit on multiple types of ATVs and brands
- Reasonably priced
- Fabric isn’t the thickest
- Doesn’t have strong UV protection
PILOT Automotive Camouflage ATV Cover
This ATV cover comes at a budget-friendly price. The camouflage design helps it blend in with the outdoors, and it provides essential protection for an ATV.
- Elastic seams ensure a tight fit
- Seams are double stitched for added durability
- Comes with a storage bag
- This unit isn’t meant for extreme weather and is more suitable for light use
- There have been concerns about its long-term durability
Benefits of ATV Covers
- Rain protection. ATV covers are waterproof to provide adequate protection against rain and other elements, such as wind. The best ATV covers are breathable to prevent moisture and the development of mildew.
- UV protection. Most ATV covers are UV-resistant to protect against the harmful rays of the sun. These covers have a special layer to reflect the harmful rays of the sun and keep the chrome, paint, and other finishes on your ATV looking new.
- Keeps your ATV clean. Good-quality ATV covers successfully protect the vehicle from pollen, dust, and mildew. They prevent scratching and allow moisture to escape to prevent fading and cracking of the paint.
Types of ATV covers
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more
Indoor ATV covers only provide basic protection from dust, debris and moisture. They are a little thinner in their construction because they are not UV-resistant. The covers are light enough to allow adequate flow of air but also keep dust and other elements such as pollen away from the ATV. Sufficient airflow prevents moisture build up, thus preventing mildew, rust, and mold from forming.
Outdoor ATV covers are sufficiently waterproof and provide UV protection at a minimum. The reflective layer keeps out the harmful rays of the sun to prevent fading and cracking of the finish on your vehicle. These ATV covers are thicker than their indoor counterparts to provide adequate insulation against heat and cold.
Oxgord is a specialist in home products and automotive accessories. Oxgord, founded in 2011, is a privately held company, and its headquarters are in Carson, California. They make a wide variety of ATV covers, both indoor and outdoor, such as the OxGord Signature ATV Cover.
This outdoor recreation products brand is a subsidiary of Newell Brands. Coleman Company, the manufacturer of theColeman MadDog GearAll Weather Protection ATV Cover, has its headquarters in Chicago and facilities spread out in Texas, Kansas, and Wichita. William Coffin Coleman, the company's founder, started off by selling gasoline pressure lamps in 1900.
Established in 1996, Pilot Automotive has established itself as a major auto distributor and supplier of truck and car accessories, import performance parts, lighting products, and more. Its products include thePilot Automotive CC-6211 Green ATV Cover. The company was initially created for the DIY market. Pilot Automotive is in California.
ATV Covers Pricing
- Under $30: ATV covers in this price range provide basic protection against UV rays and every other kind of weather. Most of them have double-stitched and reinforced seams, and the material is durable.
- $30-$80: Water-resistance, easy installation, breathability, and a soft backing to prevent scratching are the main features for a storage cover in this price range. They are versatile and may be lockable to prevent theft.
- Over $80: The ATV covers in this category are mostly large in size. A heavy-duty ATV cover will shelter your ATV against abrasion and the elements, including rain, wind, and snow. They also keep other nuisances such as pollen, dust, dirt, birds, and mildew away from your ATV. Additional premium features may include night reflectivity, an extended warranty (such as a 3-year warranty), and taped seams.
At a bare minimum, you should expect ATV covers to protect against water. Ideally, the cover should be breathable and have small air vents to allow the free flow of moisture into and out of the cover and prevent mildew and mold. This also applies to indoor ATV covers, as a mid-winter roof leak could occur, and it is always good to be on the safe side.
You want something that is going to cover the entire ATV to provide the necessary protection. An oversized ATV cover is not any good as it will allow moisture to seep through, potentially damaging some parts of the ATV. The ATV cover should secure firmly with straps and elastic hems.
UV protection is a common feature in outdoor ATV covers. The weather-resistant ATV cover will mostly feature a reflective layer to redirect most of the heat and harmful rays of the sun. Some people overlook the potential damage that UV light can have on an ATV. If your ATV is stored mostly outdoors, make sure the cover has adequate protection against the sun’s potentially damaging rays.
The primary goal of a high-quality ATV cover is to protect it against the elements for several years. While most of the covers have heavy-duty materials and components, some of them do not, and they don’t last very long. Check for double-stitching to enhance durability. The additional seam prevents fraying and disintegration of the ATV cover over time.
- Elastic Hems, Straps, and Buckles: These three components will help secure the ATV cover appropriately. And while straps and buckles will provide the most secure closures, elastic hems and velcro are quicker and easier to use. Some ATV covers will also come with zipper closures in addition to velcro for more convenience.
- Storage Bag: A separate bag to store your heavy-duty ATV cover when not in use is a must-have. The pack increases the lifespan of the protective cover by protecting it from the elements and abuse when not in use. A good-quality storage bag also makes it easier to track and stow your ATV cover.
Best ATV Covers Reviews & Recommendations 2021
The Badass Moto Heavy-Duty, Triple-Waterproof 4 Wheeler Cover features an advanced waterproof coating that sets it apart from other products. It's made of rip-resistant 300D polyester with taped seams, making it hard for moisture and water to penetrate. The cover has extra-strong hems that stay in place and two side vents that promote airflow and prevent mildew from forming.
One of the best features of this cover is that you can keep it on while towing your ATV on a trailer. It has reflective stripes, making it visible at night, and triple tie-down straps, so it stays firmly in place on a trailer or in windy conditions. It includes a zipper panel, so you can access the gas tank, console, and handlebars without removing the entire cover. The company also provides a three-year guarantee should you experience any issues. Overall, it's built to last, fits many makes and models, and is easy to put on and tighten down.
The biggest complaint about this cover is that it fades in the sun over time. Some users don't like the logo and use of language in “Badass Moto Gear,” which is blazoned across the cover.
The Tokept Black ATV Cover is a low budget choice for any quad or ATV. It’s an all-black protective cover that is developed out of a high-grade 190T polyester material. Best of all, it is rated to be completely waterproof as well. It’s built to handle anything the weather can throw at it no matter if it’s strong winds, a rainstorm, or snow.
Another great feature about the ATV cover is its included storage bag. Having somewhere to put it when you no longer need it is always a bonus. It provides a safe and sheltered place for the cover so it doesn’t grow mildew or get ripped by just being left out. The cover is universal and can fit on Yamaha, Raptor, Suzuki, and Polaris ATVs.
However, the material may be thinner compared to other ATV covers on the market. This may mean it could rip or tear more easily, but thanks to its strong fabric, that would take quite a bit of effort to do so. It also does not have any UV protection and the color may fade over time.
This camouflage ATV cover blends exceptionally well with its surroundings to add an aesthetic appeal. This ATV cover comes at a reasonable price and provides excellent basic protection for your vehicle. The lightweight unit has elastic seams for a quick and snug fit to prevent it from blowing away in wind storms.
The cover sufficiently keeps the snow and rain from your vehicle. It has double-stitched and durable seams that can take the abuse associated with frequent use. The ATV cover also folds flat for quick and easy storage in the convenient storage bag, which only weighs 2.7 pounds. It is lightweight and easy to stow, and the storage bag is included with the cover.
The cover is mostly suited for light use and may not withstand extreme weather or the abuse associated with everyday use. As a result, there have been several concerns regarding its durability. You may consider using it mostly indoors, as opposed to outdoors.
The XYZCTEM Waterproof ATV Cover is made out of a water-resistant canvas material. It is designed to prevent any sort of liquid—whether it’s snow or rain—from soaking through the fabric, keeping your ATV better protected. Another great benefit of the cover is it is UV-resistant, so your ATV doesn’t fade or get damaged by the sun.
One of its greatest aspects is its size. It is meant to fit over all types and sizes of ATVs, making it universal and versatile. Plus, it has elastic tie-down straps so it stays in place no matter if you have it on in the backyard or even when using it on a trailer. One other great feature is its included carrying bag so you have a place to store it while you ride around on the ATV.
However, it may not be quite as heavy-duty when compared to other available ATV covers. There have been reports that the buckles and straps are weak and that the cover is too thin. It may also be too big to fit on certain ATVs, but it should still cover the entire quad. There may just be some loose fabric once it is put over the quad.
The LotFancy All Weather Waterproof ATV Cover is a broad cover in that it is meant to fit on all sizes of ATVs. The fabric is made out of a long-lasting polyurethane that is waterproof, UV-resistant, and tough. It’s actually developed out of two layers of material, the second of which is a 300D nylon, thus making the entire cover double-stitched for extra durability.
What makes it so universal is it comes in three different sizes, so whether it's a Polaris, Yamaha, or Kawasaki, it should cover the quad. The strap fits tightly and stretches around the entirety of the cover. Plus, it isn’t overly expensive for an ATV cover. It’s an impressive covering that slips on easily and is just as simple to remove.
However, it does only come with a single strap to secure it. While it may be good at its job, having multiple straps would be even better. Also, like with other covers, the fabric doesn’t appear to be all that thick even though it is double-stitched with two layers.
For anyone looking for a lower-priced cover to protect their ATV from the weather, consider the IndeedBuy Waterproof ATV Cover. The cover for your quad features 420D Oxford cloth, which helps with its overall durability, but it doesn’t include straps. Instead, the base of the cover is made out of a stretchy elastic that clings tightly to the ATV once it is in place.
The cover comes in three sizes and fits on several different ATVs, including Raptors, Rangers, Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha brands. Putting it over the ATV isn’t difficult either and can be done by a single person. It even includes its own convenient storage bag. Best of all, its water-resistant construction causes water to just simply glide off of it.
One slight issue can be with just how big the largest size is, as it might be too big for some ATVs. This could lead to it not securing tightly enough around the quad. It may also not be the best in a powerful wind storm. In addition, there are no included ropes or straps to ensure it fits snugly on the quad.
- Softer materials like cotton don’t scratch an ATV, but nylon and other hard materials can cause issues. It’s worth checking the material and getting one with a non-scratch inner lining.
- Covers with buckles and straps have a more secure fit but can be cumbersome to fit and remove. Covers with elastic hems are less secure but easier to fit and remove.
- When storing an ATV outside, it should have adequate protection from the elements. Waterproof covers with UV protection are recommended and can also be used indoors if necessary.
Q. What’s the difference between indoor and outdoor covers?
Indoor covers are normally made from cotton or nylon and are soft to prevent scratching. They normally protect against dust and moisture. Outdoor covers are normally made from canvas, PVC, or a similar material. They often offer weather protection, especially against rain and UV rays.
Q. How long will an ATV cover last?
It depends on many factors, such as its exposure to harsh environments and storage conditions. Top-quality covers should have a lifespan of at least several years, with the average lifespan being around five years.
Q. How do I know if an ATV cover will fit correctly?
ATV covers come in a number of sizes, so you should accurately measure your vehicle and compare it to the desired cover. Most manufacturers also have charts to match the ATV with the correct cover size.
Our top pick is the Badass Moto Heavy-Duty, Triple-Waterproof 4 Wheeler Cover due to its rugged, heavy-duty construction, universal fit, and waterproof capability.
The Tokept Black ATV Cover makes a great budget-friendly cover.