Best ATV Speakers: Enjoy Your Music On the Road or Trail
Take your music on the road with these top ATV speakers
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
If you have high-quality ATV speakers, you can enjoy your music anywhere, even in the thickest bush. Good ATV speakers produce sound that’s loud enough to hear above the engine noise and are durable enough to take on the elements. Our buying guide features some of the best ATV speakers available.
A 450-watt, 6.5-inch speaker with a plug-and-play setup that connects to the cigarette lighter outlet. It’s integrated with tweeters and an amplifier to deliver loud and balanced sound.
- Built to last in an outdoor environment. Installs in seconds
- Mounting hardware included
- Connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and allows for wireless audio streaming
- Large speakers take up a lot of space on the ATV
- Average bass quality
- Not the loudest speaker
These ATV speakers come with a compact, dome-shaped design. They have built-in tweeters, amplifiers, and high-pitch speakers in a single unit. The system is Bluetooth-enabled, so you can stream music from your MP3 player or an app.
- These speakers are fully weatherproof with a rubber surround and polyurethane construction, which makes them suitable for outdoor use
- Mounting features are included
- Sound quality is average
- Connectors are also weak and may not last very long
This is an economical speaker, tweeter, and amplifier setup that features Bluetooth capabilities for easy wireless control of music and apps.
- This unit is very easy to mount and has a plug-and-play installation
- Has Bluetooth audio streaming and incorporates an LED light bar into the design for better visibility
- There have been complaints of the components burning out fast
- They are also a bit bulky for some ATVs
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of ATV Speakers
- Excellent sound quality. High-quality ATV speakers produce high-frequency sound. They come with built-in A/B amplifiers that improve the quality of the sound, making them more audible and undistorted.
- Suitable for all seasons. They are weatherproof and waterproof, which means you can use them in rainy or humid weather. Also, the speakers' casings are made of rust-resistant materials that last longer.
- Maximum audio. They come with the tweeter feature, which helps disperse high-frequency and undistorted sound. The speakers have a rubber lining that ensures they generate maximum sound.
- Durable. The speakers' handlebars, casings, and cramps are made of long-lasting polymer and stainless steel, so they will last a long time.
- Easy setup. ATV speakers come with a user guide or manual that you can follow to assemble. Also, most of them have a simple plug-and-play feature, so you don't require any special skills to run them.
Types of ATV Speakers
Wireless vs. Wired
Wireless ATV speakers are usually Bluetooth-enabled. They come with a remote control that you can use to change stations while you listen to music. Wireless ATV speakers with auxiliary inputs and Bluetooth streaming features are easy to manipulate. You can stream music from your MP3 player and smartphone while you hit the woods.
But if you have ATV speakers with a wired system, you have to connect the music player to the system to get the audio. These types of speakers are generally more difficult to set up, which makes them unsuitable for beginners.
Some ATV Speakers come with built-in amplifiers, so they produce better surround sound. With these speakers, you don’t have to buy an additional amplifier to make them audible enough because they already have the power to play loud music. Most ATV speakers with built-in amplifiers come with a simple plug-and-play feature that makes them easy to install.
ATV speakers without built-in amplifiers produce average sound. They are more affordable but come with more complex setup and design. You have to mount them to a second amplifier to get more performance.
Top Brands of ATV Speakers
Planet Audio is one of the most popular technology companies in the United States. The company was established in 1977 and is located in Oxnard, Calif. Since its establishment, the company has continuously improved its products and services, which includes ATV speakers, subwoofers, and signal processors. Some of its best-selling ATV speakers in the market include the Planet Audio Sound System and Planet Audio ATV UTV Weatherproof Sound System. Most of its ATV speakers are Bluetooth-enabled and come with high-quality sound systems.
BOSS Audio is a technology company that was established in 1987. The company has established its headquarters in Oxnard, Calif. It produces outstanding subwoofers, power pods, amplifiers, and other products.
One best-selling product from BOSS Audio is the BOSS Audio Systems ATV Weatherproof Speaker. The company gives a standard warranty for most of its products and has dealers in over 130 countries.
NOAM Audio Ltd is popular for its high-quality products in the Powersport Audio industry. The company was established in 2009, and since then, it has been offering top of the line ATV speakers and related accessories.
The most popular products from this company include Noam Quad Speakers and NOAM NUTV4 ATV/Golf Cart/UTV Speakers Stereo System. All ATV and UTV speakers produce a loud and undistorted sound that makes them suitable for outdoor use.
Best ATV Speakers Pricing
- Under $100: These are the most affordable ATV speakers you will find on the market. Most of these ATV speakers are not as powerful as high-end systems. Most of them are sold in pairs, and you may have to buy other parts like connectors and amplifiers to boost the quality of their sound.
- $100-$300: These ATV speakers feature upgraded audio systems. They come with wireless connectivity, allowing you to stream music from your phone and online applications such as Spotify. Also, most of the ATV speakers in this range are made of waterproof casings for durability and to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- $300 and up: ATV speakers in this price range are more sophisticated. They come with in-built amplifiers and wireless connection systems. They produce high-pitched and undistorted sound. Most of these ATV speakers come with remote controls for easy adjustment. They last longer compared to other ATV speakers.
Quality of sound is a critical factor that you should consider when purchasing your ATV speakers. You want an ATV speaker that will produce a clear surround sound. The material used on the speakers’ body should enable it to produce high-frequency sound as well. No matter what choice you make, choose speakers that give excellent sound dispersion if you are planning to use them on your all-terrain vehicle. You will get a larger sweet spot from an ATV speaker with higher sound dispersion.
The lifespan of your ATV speaker will depend on how much power it uses. Most ATV speakers use power ranging from 100W-400W. We recommend shopping for ATV speakers that consume the least amount of power. However, the speakers should be more powerful, producing the sound frequency that you need for off-road music.
Weatherproofing is another key feature of an ATV speaker. High-quality ATV speakers are made of polyurethane material that is more durable and resistant to harsh weather conditions. The casing of the speakers should be immune to corrosion since you will be exposing them to the outdoors. ATV speakers with the latest weatherproofing technology are the best ones you can have for your automobile.
- Warranty. ATV speakers should come with a product warranty to give you some peace of mind when shopping. You can return the product to the manufacturer for a replacement if it is covered by a warranty.
- Build Design. An ATV speaker should have a compact design that occupies the least space on your vehicle. It should also be lightweight to make it more portable. In addition, choose a speaker with a handle that makes it easy to carry.
- Price. The price of ATV speakers matters a lot. Ideally, to find the highest quality ATV speaker on the market, you must be willing to spend a little bit more money.
Best ATV Speakers Review & Recommendations 2021
- It’s always better to have speakers that are simple and easy to control, especially when riding. Better quality speakers have easy-to-mount controls, and more advanced units have remote controls.
- It’s important to have speakers that have some level of connectivity. With Bluetooth connectivity, you can play music from apps like Spotify or YouTube.
- Since ATVs come in a variety of sizes, it’s best to get a speaker system that can fit without getting in the way of other operations. If it is too big, it can get in the way of riding, which is potentially dangerous.
Q: What kind of sound quality can be expected from ATV speakers?
It depends on the brand. Since ATVs are loud, the best speakers should produce loud, clear music and have a decent-sized subwoofer. The best units have an impedance ratio of 4 ohms.
Q: How easy are ATV speakers to install?
That depends on the choice of speaker. Some just have a single unit, while others have multiple speakers to connect. If you’re unsure, consult the user manual or get them expertly installed.
Q: How durable are ATV speakers?
This varies depending on the speaker. Since ATVs are used in harsh environments and weather conditions, it’s best to get speakers that can withstand the elements. The best speakers use waterproof and UV-protected material.
Our pick for the best ATV speaker set is the Sound Storm Laboratories ATV UTV Weatherproof Sound System . It delivers great sound and is durable enough to withstand harsh weather conditions.
A more budget-friendly option is the BOSS Audio Systems ATV Weatherproof Speaker.