Best ATV Speakers: Enjoy Your Music On the Road or Trail
Take your music on the road with these top ATV speakers
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 28, 2019
If you have some high-quality ATV speakers, you can enjoy your music anywhere, even in the thickest bush. Good ATV speakers produce a sound that’s loud enough to hear above the engine noise and are durable enough to take on the elements. This buying guide looks at some of the best ATV speakers available today.
- Best OverallNoam Quad SpeakersSummarySummary
This system delivers a clear, loud sound. It comes with a set of four speakers, an amplifier, and remote control.ProsPros
The speakers feature marine-grade waterproofing and all components are water-resistant. It also has a dedicated on and off switch on the amplifier when it’s not in use.ConsCons
These speakers are pricey. They are also difficult to set up because of the complicated design.
- Best ValuePlanet Audio Sound SystemSummarySummary
This is an economical speaker, tweeter, and amplifier setup that features Bluetooth capabilities for easy control of music and apps wirelessly.ProsPros
This unit is very easy to mount and has a plug-and-play installation. It also has Bluetooth audio streaming and incorporates an LED light bar into the design for better visibility.ConsCons
There have been complaints of the components burning out fast. They are also a bit bulky for some ATVs.
- Honorable MentionBOSS Audio Systems ATV Weatherproof SpeakerSummarySummary
These ATV speakers come with a compact, dome-shaped design. They have built-in tweeters, amplifiers, and high-pitch speakers in a single unit. The system is Bluetooth enabled, so you can stream music from your MP3 player or an app.ProsPros
These speakers are fully weatherproof with a rubber surround and polyurethane construction, which makes them suitable for outdoor use. Also, the mounting features are included.ConsCons
The sound quality is average. The connectors are also weak and may not last very long.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of ATV Speakers
- Excellent sound quality. High-quality ATV speakers produce high-frequency sound. They come with built-in A/B amplifiers that improve the quality of the sound, making them more audible and undistorted.
- Suitable for all seasons. They are weatherproof and waterproof, which means you can use them in rainy or humid weather. Also, the speakers' casings are made of rust-resistant materials that last longer.
- Maximum audio. They come with the tweeter feature, which helps disperse high-frequency and undistorted sound. The speakers have a rubber lining that ensures they generate maximum sound.
- Durable. The speakers' handlebars, casings, and cramps are made of long-lasting polymer and stainless steel, so they will last a long time.
- Easy setup. ATV speakers come with a user guide or manual that you can follow to assemble. Also, most of them have a simple plug-and-play feature, so you don't require any special skills to run them.
Types of ATV Speakers
Wireless vs. Wired
Wireless ATV speakers are usually Bluetooth-enabled. They come with a remote control that you can use to change stations while you listen to music. Wireless ATV speakers with auxiliary inputs and Bluetooth streaming features are easy to manipulate. You can stream music from your MP3 player and smartphone while you hit the woods.
But if you have ATV speakers with a wired system, you have to connect the music player to the system to get the audio. These types of speakers are generally more difficult to set up, which makes them unsuitable for beginners.
Some ATV Speakers come with built-in amplifiers, so they produce better surround sound. With these speakers, you don’t have to buy an additional amplifier to make them audible enough because they already have the power to play loud music. Most ATV speakers with built-in amplifiers come with a simple plug-and-play feature that makes them easy to install.
ATV speakers without built-in amplifiers produce average sound. They are more affordable but come with more complex setup and design. You have to mount them to a second amplifier to get more performance.
Top Brands of ATV Speakers
Planet Audio is one of the most popular technology companies in the United States. The company was established in 1977 and is located in Oxnard, CA. Since its establishment, the company has continuously improved its products and services, which includes ATV speakers, subwoofers, and signal processors. Some of its best-selling ATV speakers in the market include the Planet Audio Sound System and Planet Audio ATV UTV Weatherproof Sound System. Most of its ATV speakers are Bluetooth-enabled and come with high-quality sound systems.
BOSS Audio is a technology company that was established in 1987. The company has established its headquarters in Oxnard, CA. It produces outstanding subwoofers, power pods, amplifiers, and other products.
One best-selling product from BOSS Audio is the BOSS Audio Systems ATV Weatherproof Speaker. The company gives a standard warranty for most of its products and has dealers in over 130 countries.
NOAM Audio Ltd is popular for its high-quality products in the Powersport Audio industry. The company was established in 2009, and since then, it has been offering top of the line ATV speakers and related accessories.
The most popular products from this company include Noam Quad Speakers and NOAM NUTV4 ATV/Golf Cart/UTV Speakers Stereo System. All ATV and UTV speakers produce a loud and undistorted sound that makes them suitable for outdoor use.
Best ATV Speakers Pricing
- Below $100: These are the most affordable ATV speakers you will find on the market. Most of these ATV speakers are not as powerful as high-end systems. Most of them are sold in pairs, and you may have to buy other parts like connectors and amplifiers to boost the quality of their sound.
- $100-$300: These ATV speakers feature upgraded audio systems. They come with wireless connectivity, allowing you to stream music from your phone and online applications such as Spotify. Also, most of the ATV speakers in this range are made of waterproof casings for durability and to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- $300 and up: ATV speakers in this price range are more sophisticated. They come with in-built amplifiers and wireless connection systems. They produce high-pitched and undistorted sound. Most of these ATV speakers come with remote controls for easy adjustment. They last longer compared to other ATV speakers.
Quality of sound is a critical factor that you should consider when purchasing your ATV speakers. You want an ATV speaker that will produce a clear surround sound. The material used on the speakers’ body should enable it to produce high-frequency sound as well. No matter what choice you make, choose speakers that give excellent sound dispersion if you are planning to use them on your all-terrain vehicle. You will get a larger sweet spot from an ATV speaker with higher sound dispersion.
The lifespan of your ATV speaker will depend on how much power it uses. Most ATV speakers use power ranging from 100W-400W. We recommend shopping for ATV speakers that consume the least amount of power. However, the speakers should be more powerful, producing the sound frequency that you need for off-road music.
Weatherproofing is another key feature of an ATV speaker. High-quality ATV speakers are made of polyurethane material that is more durable and resistant to harsh weather conditions. The casing of the speakers should be immune to corrosion since you will be exposing them to the outdoors. ATV speakers with the latest weatherproofing technology are the best ones you can have for your automobile.
- Warranty: ATV speakers should come with a product warranty to give you some peace of mind when shopping. You can return the product to the manufacturer for a replacement if it is covered by a warranty.
- Build Design: An ATV speaker should have a compact design that occupies the least space on your vehicle. It should also be lightweight to make it more portable. In addition, choose a speaker with a handle that makes it easy to carry.
- Price: The price of ATV speakers matters a lot. Ideally, to find the highest quality ATV speaker on the market, you must be willing to spend a little bit more money.
Best ATV Speakers Review & Recommendations 2019
Best Overall: Noam Quad Speaker
This is one of the best ATV speakers you can find. The speaker has a high-tech audio system that enables it to produce a clear and loud sound. It comes with four speakers that you can connect to get a more powerful and high-frequency sound. Also, the high-quality speaker comes with a remote control that you can use to adjust the sound from the comfort of your seat.
All the components are water-resistant and weatherproof. This means that you can use this ATV speaker on a rainy day, and it is suitable for outdoor use. To make it simple and straightforward to use, the speaker comes with a flexible on/off switch. Plus, it has a built-in amplifier that boosts the quality of sound it produces.
What may put you off from buying this speaker is the complicated design. It is difficult to assemble and start using the speakers if you are a beginner. Also, the speakers are a bit expensive if you are planning to buy them on a fixed budget.
Best Value: Planet Audio Sound System
The Planet Audio Sound System is another good ATV speaker that you should look out for when you upgrade your ATV. These speakers come with a built-in A/B amplifier that enhances the quality of the sound. They also come with a 3.5mm compatible aux-In feature, which makes it more convenient to use. They have a Bluetooth Audio Streaming feature, which allows you to stream your favorite music from your smartphone and applications like Spotify.
Apart from the three-year warranty that the manufacturer provides on this system, you can benefit from the durability of the materials that went into making it. The speakers come with an LED light bar that enhances their visibility. They use a plug-and-play system, which makes it easy to install and use.
When using this device, you want to take some precautions so the speakers do not overheat. Some customers have complained that the speakers can blow out if they’re used for long periods of time without rest. Also, the speakers weigh 14.3 pounds, which makes them a bit heavy to carry around.
Honorable Mention: BOSS Audio Systems ATV Weatherproof Speaker
These waterproof speakers come with compatible tweeters and amplifiers that enhance the quality of sound. The system is made of weatherproof polyurethane material for durability and to withstand harsh weather conditions.
This BOSS Audio system stands out for its quality and compact design, which saves you space. The speakers come with rubber surrounds that enhance the quality and frequency of the sound. Also, the manufacturer provides mounting brackets and accessories, which makes it easy to install for beginners. The manufacturer also provides a three-year warranty for the parts.
While the material on this device may be something to smile about, the sound quality is a bit off the mark. Also, the connectors the speakers come with are weak and do not last long.
- It’s always better to have speakers that are simple and easy to control, especially when riding. Better quality speakers have easy-to-mount controls, and more advanced units have remote controls.
- It’s important to have speakers that have some level of connectivity. With Bluetooth connectivity, you can play music from apps like Spotify or YouTube.
- Since ATVs come in a variety of sizes, it’s best to get a speaker system that can fit without getting in the way of other operations. If it is too big, it can get in the way of riding, which is potentially dangerous.
Q: What kind of sound quality can be expected from ATV speakers?
A: It depends on the brand. Since ATVs are loud, the best speakers should produce loud, clear music and have a decent-sized subwoofer. The best units have an impedance ratio of 4 ohms.
Q: How easy are ATV speakers to install?
A: That depends on the choice of speaker. Some just have a single unit, while others have multiple speakers to connect. If you’re unsure, consult the user manual or get them expertly installed.
Q: How durable are ATV speakers?
A: This varies depending on the speaker. Since ATVs are used in harsh environments and weather conditions, it’s best to get speakers that can withstand the elements. The best speakers use a waterproof and UV-protected material.
Our pick for the best ATV speaker set is the Noam NUTV4 Quad. It delivers great sound and is durable enough to withstand harsh weather conditions.
A more budget-friendly option is the Planet Audio Sound System.