Best Jeep Wrangler Accessories: Add Your Own Style
Upgrade the look of your Jeep Wrangler with these top accessories
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Owning a Jeep Wrangler gives you plenty of room to upgrade its look or add aftermarket parts that make it tougher. These vehicles are very versatile and capable of everyday driving as well as handling tough situations such as crawling over rocks and through mud and water. Enhancing the look or ride of your Jeep makes it even more capable and durable. Check out some high-quality accessories to consider if you want to add value and style to your Jeep Wrangler.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Jeep Wrangler Accessories
- Show your individual style. Accessories are often used as a style statement. When it comes to Jeep Wranglers, there are plenty to choose from, and they all have their own flair. New shocks can raise the height of the vehicle for more clearance. You can also swap out tops for your Jeep with a soft top, hardtop, or bikini top. Or you can add seat covers to protect and change the interior.
- Add extra power. Plenty of accessories add more power, and one that many Jeep owners opt for are winches. They also provide extra torque and leverage. These allow you to pull free from whatever it is you need to get out of. Other power enhancements can come from new exhausts and larger tires and wheels.
- Reduce vehicle damage. Many Jeep owners take their vehicles off-roading. However, this can damage your Jeep. A sturdy aftermarket bumper is one way to clear the path ahead of you without harming your precious ride. Also, a Jeep Wrangler cover ensures your vehicle is unharmed by the elements, bugs, and other hazards while you are away.
- Improve the ride. Many accessories can also help to ensure you get a more comfortable ride. These can include a good set of shock absorbers, sturdier tires or wheels, and even a lift kit. These high-quality accessories can decrease the amount of force and bounce you feel while driving.
- Increase safety. Accessories are also designed to keep you safe in certain situations. There are bags and packs to carry fire extinguishers on the Jeep’s roll bars, light covers to protect your tail lights or headlights from breaking, and light bars to help you see what’s ahead or to warn others you’re approaching.
Located out of Beloit, Wis., Leader Accessories has been designing parts, accessories, and equipment for outdoor enthusiasts for the last 30 years. The company focuses on building durable covers for RVs, Jeeps, and boats. One of its most well-known Jeep Wrangler accessories is the Leader Accessories Jeep Wrangler Waterproof Car Cover.
ACDelco has been creating parts for vehicles, planes, and spacecraft since 1906. William Durant helped launch the company and worked with General Motors to design spark plugs, shocks, and more for vehicles. A Jeep accessory it designs is the ACDelco Professional Premium Gas Charged Shock Absorber.
Daystar focuses on interior and exterior accessories for trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, and ATVs. It is known especially for designing lift kits, ropes, winches, and guards. A good example of one of its top-rated accessories is the Daystar Lift Kit.
The term Mopar originated in the 1920s, but it was in 1937 that the name became an official brand. The company is the parts, service, and customer care organization for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It makes and designs vehicles and a number of vehicle accessories. One popular one for the Jeep Wrangler is the Mopar Jeep Gladiator Front & Rear Complete Set of 4 Rubber Floor Mats.
Jeep Wrangler Accessories Pricing
- Under $30: Items in this price range are typically smaller and more lightweight. Items may include light guard covers and storage bags Anything larger, such as an entire Jeep cover, costs more money.
- $30-$100: This category includes high-quality accessories capable of enhancing the look of the exterior and interior of your Jeep. This may include bike mounts, covers, and upgraded tail lights.
- $100 and up: This is where you will find the larger and more robust accessories for Jeeps. There will be items such as bumpers, light bars, Nerf bars, air intakes, and front bumpers.
One of the biggest concerns about accessories is how durable they are. You want to be sure you buy a quality Jeep Wrangler accessory that will last for several years. This is particularly relevant if you do a lot of off-roading. It’s never good for an item to fail on you out in the wilderness. To ensure you get the best-rated gear, look for reputable brands, excellent craftsmanship, and sturdy materials.
Not all accessories may fit your Jeep. Check your vehicle’s model to determine if the specific accessory is designed to fit properly on it. There are several models of Jeeps such as the YJ, CJ, TJ, JK, and the newest, the JL. Many lift kits, for example, are designed to fit specific Jeeps such as the Rubicon or Wrangler JK.
- Life Span: It’s essential that you get Jeep accessories that will last you through several excursions. The moment you begin to see wear and tear on them, it may be time to upgrade to something newer.
- Style: This all depends on your personal choice, but if you value the look and feel of your Jeep, then you should match every accessory with the others. This can be as easy as matching the colors or finding the same brand.
Best Jeep Wrangler Accessories Reviews & Recommendations 2020
- Make sure that if you use a cover to always dry it out before putting it away. Otherwise, you might end up with a mildew and mold problem.
- If you get a winch system with a steel wire rope or cable, consider handling it with a pair of thick gloves to avoid hurting your fingers. The steel could develop small frays or spikes over time, causing damage to the cable and yourself.
- If you install larger tires and wheels on your Jeep, consider also raising it with a lift kit. The size of the wheels and tires could impact your drive and cause the tires to rub against the wheel well.
Q: What Jeep Wrangler accessories should I get?
A: This all depends on the type of driving you do in your Wrangler. If you do a lot of off-road driving or camping, consider accessories that will enhance your experience. A winch is useful for pulling logs or tugging your Jeep out of difficult situations. For everyday drivers, consider a cover, storage pouches, and tire pressure gauges.
Q: How do I wash a Jeep cover?
A: The cover should come with instructions on how to properly and effectively clean it. The best way to ensure the cover is washed is to spray it with a hose and then brush or scrub away dirt and grime with a brush.
Q: How do I find out what size winch I need?
A: This depends on the size of your vehicle. The heavier the Jeep, the stronger the winch you will need. The winch should be at least 1.5 times the weight of your Jeep. To find out the exact weight, multiply the gross vehicle weight by 1.5.
Q: Do they make accessory kits specifically for Jeep Wranglers?
A: Jeep Wrangler essential kits do exist; however, consider buying accessories separately to ensure you get exactly what you want and need. This ensures that you spend enough time researching what accessories are necessary for your specific needs.
Jeep Wrangler accessories range from small to large, and the Smittybilt XRC Synthetic Rope Winch is a great way to make your vehicle stand out from the rest.
Another excellent choice for accessories is the Yitamotor 52” 300W Combo LED Light Bar. The price isn’t too steep, and it enhances the look and feels of your Jeep as well.