Taking A Porsche 991.2 Carrera 4S For A Spin In The Snow
With all-wheel-drive and proper winter weather tires it's snow master
- Test Drives
We have a little bit of Porsche snow-driving experience in recent weeks, and can tell you that when you're out without proper winter tires, things can get a little sketchy. Nick Murray has the foresight and wherewithal to have purchased a set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires for his factory-fresh turbocharged C4S, and he's not afraid to use them. The weather he experiences in the north east is a good deal harsher than we get out west, making the perfect case for Porsche's all-wheel-drive sports coupe. He's even got the optional roof racks on his Porsche, or what they call "Roof Transport System" or RTS. This seems like a great way to get to the local ski hill and back.
Nick seems to be having a good time taking his car out for a drive in the white stuff, but he uses the video as a bit of a pulpit to stress the importance of winter tires in weather like this. It is likely that if you're reading this you already know the value of a good winter tire, even on an all-wheel-drive car, but in case you don't, please consider doing some more research. AWD propulsion is just that, it may help you get up and go from a stop in the snow, as you're using all four wheels scrabbling for traction, but it isn't going to help you one iota when you turn the wheel or stab the brake pedal. Snow tires help in acceleration, cornering grip, and braking, whether you have all-wheel-drive or not.
Check out the video to see a snow tire braking demonstration. Keep your Porsche (or any car for that matter) and your family safe by fitting winter tires when it gets below 40 degrees. You won't regret it.
- RELATEDWatch These Custom Turbocharged Snowmobiles Blast Off Like Drag RacersAt the St. Germain Snow Outlaws shootout in Wisconsin, snowmobiles act like funny cars as they take off down the line.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Custom Lamborghini Gallardo Tow Skiers Through the SnowWho needs a Ski-Doo when you have a Lambo on studded tires?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Dash from 0 to 60 MPH on Mud, Snow, Grass, and Sand AlikePick a surface, any surface.READ NOW
- RELATEDDoes The Macan Turbo Make For A Good Snow Machine?The new Macan Turbo "Performance" model attacks the snow in this typically German reviewREAD NOW
- RELATEDIs A Porsche Macan S The Perfect Ski Trip Vehicle?Take One Porsche Macan S, Add A COBB Tune, Michelin Winter Tires, And A Roof Box, And It's PerfectREAD NOW