Dodge Demon Will Have Factory Tune For Race Gas
It's a factory first, Dodge claims.
In just five days, we'll finally know all the details about the Dodge Demon when it's officially unveiled at the New York International Auto Show, but until then, we're left with a new teaser video simply entitled "Fuel." Dodge claims that the drag strip-ready SRT Demon will be the first car to come from the factory prepared to handle both 100+ octane race fuel and your standard 91-octane pump gas.
Part of the Demon Crate—Dodge's box of goodies that let Demon owners customize the car to their liking—includes a different powertrain control module (PCM) that's programmed to handle the different characteristics of 100+ octane fuel by optimizing the Hemi V-8's spark timing. The new teaser shows that there's a new button in the center stack of the car to activate the car's high-octane mode, too.
In addition to the different PCM, the SRT Demon will be prepped from the factory to drink more of that face fuel, with an additional fuel pump over the SRT Hellcat and larger fuel injectors that use higher rail pressure. April 11 can't come soon enough. Until then, Dodge will release one more bonus video tomorrow.
- RELATEDDodge Challenger SRT Demon Uses the A/C to Cool the EngineHope you're not afraid to get a little sweaty in the name of drag racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon May Only Get an Automatic TransmissionThe good news: It's factory transbrake equipped.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon's Torque Reserve Launch System Helps It Sound AmazingIf you thought "torque reserve" was something every Hellcat-powered Dodge already had...well, not quite.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Use "Race-Hardened Parts"Say goodbye to the days of axle disintegration.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger SRT Demon Performances Pages Have All the InformationWhen you are harnessing earth-moving horsepower, you want to know every little data point.READ NOW