Watch a Ford Mustang Crash Into a Lamborghini Dealership
The Curse of the Crashing Mustangs is on the verge of taking out supercars.
- Muscle Cars
As regular Internet goers are well aware of by now, the Ford Mustang has racked up a reputation for being somewhat prone to accidents—especially of the snap-oversteer and uncontrolled slide varieties. It's an unfounded mark on the muscle car's character, to be frank. We at The Drive tend to blame the user, not the tool, for such problems—after all, no Ford Mustang is about to slide across a street and overcorrect itself into a crowd without a ham-fisted driver manning the controls.
Nevertheless, the Mustang's crash-happy reputation is likely to persist as long as new videos like this one, which depicts a fifth-gen Mustang wiping out into the edge of a Lamborghini dealership's parking lot, keep bouncing onto the web.
The video, which was uploaded to YouTube on March 11th, shows a black Ford Mustang wearing Texas plates being filmed by a following car as it leaves the Lamborghini dealership. As the muscle car pulls onto the wet road, the driver gooses it, kicking the rear end out with style. At which point, things go pear-shaped fast: the driver overcorrects not once but twice, sending the Mustang careening over the curb and straight into some construction fencing at the dealership's edge, narrowly missing a Corvette Z06, a Cadillac Escalade, a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder...and, somewhat ironically, another Ford Mustang.
Luckily, the driver was unharmed and the car suffered only cosmetic damage, according to the video description.
- RELATEDWatch This Classic 1965 Ford Mustang Crash Its Way Onto a TrailerTrue to form, this Mustang has a difficult time being loaded onto a truck for transport.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Ferrari 488 Nearly Crash Into Oncoming Traffic at GoodwoodThe 661-horsepower Ferrari's driver apparently tried to put on a show...but his reach exceeded his grasp.READ NOW
- RELATEDEpic Dukes of Hazzard General Lee Stunt in Detroit Ends, Predictably, in Awesome CrashThere's a reason the actual TV show went through so many Dodge Chargers.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs a New Boss 302 Ford Mustang in America's Future?Ford's graphic artists may have dropped a hint at the Boss 302's return.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrazy Ohio Dealership Now Selling 1,200-HP Ford Mustangs for $45KThe same folks who brought us the 727-horsepower, $40K Mustang now make a muscle car with Bugatti-like levels of power.READ NOW