Audi Prices the 2017 R8 V-10 Spyder at $175,100
$24,900 less than the Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder.
The Audi R8 V10 has earned its "supercar" title, but as The Drive’s Lawrence Ulrich can attest, it handles more like a daily driver. Its combination of looks and drivability (and looks!) has earned the brand a special place in the hearts of auto journos and enthusiasts alike. Also, Iron Man drove one.
Audi has just announced the price of their 2017 R8 V-10 Spyder, and although expensive, it still undercuts the competition. Priced in at $175,100, the 2017 R8 V-10 Spyder is $24,900 cheaper than the base Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder. With nearly identical performance specs, one has to assume this pricing will at least somewhat cut into the Lambo's sales—sure to be a topic at the next Volkswagen all-hands executive meeting. The new R8 V-10 Spyder will be powered the same 5.2-liter 540-hp V-10 found in the coupe, and will be able to hit 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds—0.1 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder. These performance numbers can be credited to the R8’s ASF aluminum-and-carbon-fiber construction, as well as its seven-speed S-tronic dual clutch transmission.
If owners are too impatient to come to a complete stop before dropping their top, they can cruise at 31 mph and expect the 97-pound top to recline within 20 seconds. You know, if you're into rolling and drop-topping at the same time.
- RELATEDWatch This 2017 Audi R8 Wipe Out Hard At the NurburgringThe unforgiving Nordschleife strikes again.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Terrifying Lap in the Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Drive's disturbingly calm chief auto critic talks us through a 180 mph Daytona run.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy I’d Buy an Audi R8 V10 Instead of a LamborghiniDon’t sleep on the “bargain-basement” supercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDStranded at Whole Foods in a 2016 Audi R8 V10 PrototypeThis pre-production R8 is a hot car. If you can get it started…READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Audi Q8 Spotted During TestingThe brand's newest (and biggest) SUV looks strikingly similar to the concept.READ NOW