Audi to Compete in WRX and the Tesla Model S Gets More Range: The Evening Rush
Plus, check out the belt buckle that doubles as a multi-tool.
Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Listen up Tesla owners: You can now get 335 miles of range if you don't mind going without the “P” on your Model S P100D. The new Model S 100D gets 20 more miles on its range than the performance version, and also saves owners $39,500.
Although Audi left the WEC, they are going to be teaming up with World RC Champion EKS for the 2017 WRX season. Audi will be competing with an S1-based car, and the first race will kick-off in Barcelona, Spain in April.
According to one Chevy Bolt owner, his car demonstrated the ability to turn itself on and then proceeded to crash itself. The owner claims that he was not in or near the car when the vehicle allegedly backed itself into a workbench in the garage. GM is reportedly currently investigating the incident.
Want a belt buckle that transforms into a multi-tool? Of course you do—and fortunately, SOG just released one. Operating like any other multi-tool when not holding your pants up, the SOG Sync is a perfect way to cut down on clutter for your EDC.
Hydro Flask has done a fantastic job of making insulated water bottles and other sturdy drinkware. Now they have expanded their line-up to tumblers with the 10oz Rocks glasses. Just like their other products, the well-insulated walls keeps ice frozen for up to 24 hours and keeps your hot drinks…hot.
February can be a slow and boring month for a lot of us. Don’t let the winter blues get you down; instead, seize the moment and make your way over to Jumpfest at the Salisbury (Connecticut) Ski Jumps on the 10th , 11th, and 12th. Enjoy the Eastern U.S. Ski Jumping Championships and plenty of other fun activities revolving around the weekend.
Faherty Brand has recently released a Reversible Belmar Workshirt made of 100% and complete with a rad interior design. It's definitely worth looking at if you're looking to up your style game.
- RELATEDElectric Cars are Going Nowhere FastThe Chevrolet Bolt and Tesla Model 3 might be great, but American consumers are poised to give the electric car market a reality check.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Unveils Facelifted 2018 Mustang ConvertibleThe coupe's nip-tucked front-end now comes on the open-top pony car, too.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Super Duty Pickup Meets 3,400 Pounds of ConcreteF-250 King Ranch could attend the opera, or tow the opera house.READ NOW
- RELATEDTake a Walk Around Porsche's Mid-Engine 911 RSR With Factory Driver Kevin EstreThe Daytona 24 hour race is just a week away—and here is Porsche's new contender.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Bolt Owner Claims His Car Turned Itself On and Crashed ItselfGM is apparently looking into the matter.READ NOW