Turn Every Night Into Prom Night With This $5,000 Chevrolet Impala SS Limousine
It's cheap, it's old, and it's had a lot of custom work done to it. What could go wrong?
This Chevrolet Impala SS limo conversion could be yours for just five grand and a healthy dose of courage. The big Chevy was only made for a few years and stretched examples are even harder to find—and we can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. A user on the Chevy Box vs Bubble 2.0 Facebook group posted images of the car, only saying that it was for sale and would make a good prom car; that is, should your child's date sport a mullet and raise hell while praising Dale.
Oddly enough, no actual sale link is available, although the Facebook post says it can be yours for just $5,000. That’s a killer price if true, but there are still a ton of questions about the car’s actual condition. The four photos attached to the Facebook post show front seats that are worn but not destroyed, and a period-correct '90s limo interior, complete with black lights and a CD player. The car’s body appears to be in decent shape, but the roof looks to have developed a bit of a “smile” after sagging slowly over the past couple of decades.
The Impala SS is a relative oddity these days as it was only produced for three model years in the mid-1990s. It came with a 5.7-liter LT1 V-8, the same power plant that was in the Corvette at the time. The Impala’s engine delivers only 260 horsepower, but it's at least extremely tunable and can put down some big power numbers with a few modifications.
The Impala SS was already a big car that could carry a bunch of people, so it sort of makes sense that it'd be turned into a limo—at least more than some others. The Mini Cooper, Porsche Panamera, and even a Harley-Davidson motorcycle have all gotten the stretch treatment in recent years. In fact, anyone with enough determination and a big enough shop can stretch almost any vehicle to limo lengths.
- RELATEDThis Apocalypse-Ready Lincoln Towncar Limo Can Be Yours for $4,950Trick-or-treating just got a lot cooler this year.READ NOW
- RELATEDJapanese Emperor’s New Ride Is This Convertible Toyota Century LimousineThe hand-built Century limousine is already one of the world's most exclusive vehicles, let alone this one-off.READ NOW
- RELATEDJust $4,000 Will Buy You This 2001 Volvo S80 Limousine Built for a Swedish DiplomatWith seating for six and under 100,000 miles, what else could you want at that price?READ NOW
- RELATEDDaimler Has 'Absolutely No Idea' How North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un Obtained Armored LimosThe Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman Guard is one of the most expensive Daimler cars on the market, but it’s normally banned in North Korea.READ NOW
- RELATEDRoll Like a King in Elvis Presley's 1973 Lincoln Continental LimousineThree vehicles owned by the King of Rock and Roll are headed to auction next month.READ NOW