Stunning Lexus LC Convertible Concept With Production-Ready Looks Headed to Detroit
The Lexus LC is already one of the best looking cars around, but this convertible takes things to a new level.
A concept that looks to be almost production-ready was just unveiled by Lexus ahead of the 2019 North American International Auto Show in Detroit: the Lexus LC Convertible Concept, and it’s a drop-dead gorgeous droptop.
Lexus makes a bold statement when they say that "ultimate beauty" is the expression they gained inspiration from when designing this concept—because, well, it does resemble ultimate beauty. It’s really not that different from the existing LC coupe minus a roof, but it sure looks good topless. Lexus touts the LC Convertible Concept as “an aspirational halo vehicle” for the brand. In terms of a halo car. It’s still no LFA, but we’ll definitely take it.
We can’t give you any performance specs since it isn’t a production model, but let’s assume that it’s powered by the same 5.0-liter V8 that makes 471 horsepower and 398 pound-feet of torque in the LC 500. We also wouldn’t be surprised to see a hybrid variant sharing the 3.5-liter hybrid V6 in the LC 500h which makes 354 total system hp and gets a combined 30 mpg fuel economy rating. As for a starting price, we’d expect to see the LC Convertible add a few grand to the LC's $92,200 starting price.
While Lexus won't confirm it, it only makes sense for this concept to go into production. Most of the time when we see a concept car that actually looks like it could already be in showrooms and street legal, that car ends up going into production with very few changes. We can only hope that this is the case with this stunning roadster.
- RELATEDLexus LC Convertible to Drop Its Top in the Next 18 to 24 Months, Report SaysIt should make back-seat life in Lexus's grand tourer much less taxing for those above a certain height.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Lexus LC 500 Review: A Japanese Gran Turismo With a Futuristic Body and an Old-School HeartIn an era when SUVs are king, Toyota chose to build Lexus a $100,000 sports coupe with a naturally-aspirated V8. Thank God.READ NOW
- RELATEDLexus LC F Is Happening, Will Go TurboThe hot LC is apparently slated to get a 620-horsepower, twin-turbo, 4.0-liter V8.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Lexus LC 500 Review: A Sci-Fi Stunner for the Luxurious Long HaulWhat happens when a concept car becomes real? Magic.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Lexus LC F May Have Been Spotted in CaliforniaTesting of the high-performance luxury coupe is underway.READ NOW