Lamborghini Huracan Performante Takes on MiG-29K Fighter Jet in a Drag Race
The publicity stunt was intended to inspire a new breed of fighter pilots.
No matter how many times we’ve witnessed mighty supercars take on bigger and more sophisticated fighter jets, it never seems to get old. Recently, a 44-second-long clip was posted on Twitter showing a Lamborghini Huracan take on an Indian Navy MiG-29K at the Dabolim Airport in Goa, India.
The Lamborghini featured in the video seems to be the Italian supercar manufacturer's latest and record-breaking Huracan Performante which costs Rs 3.97 crore in India. That's an incredible $571,100 USD as opposed to the near $300,000 price tag it wears in the U.S. Under the hood of this superlative supercar is a 5.2-liter V-10 engine that churns out a massive 630 horspower at 8,000 rpm and 445 pound-feet of torque. The 10-pot motor is matched to an LDF 7-speed dual-clutch transmission that channels power to all four wheels. The highlights of the vehicle, however, are the use of forged composites that make it a whole lot lighter than the standard Huracan and the use of the innovative ALA active aerodynamic system.
But in the end, all that road-going sound and fury wasn’t a match for the sheer thurst of the MiG-29K and, as a result, the supercar trailed by more than a few car lengths before the the Russian-made fighter jet made a near-vertical take off.
- RELATEDGas Monkey Garage's Richard Rawlings Just Crashed a Hellcat While Drag Racing at WoodwardThe popular car-show TV host was racing NHRA superstar Leah Pritchett.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Mustang Cobra Jet Is Fastest Factory-Built Mustang Drag Racer YetFord's new limited edition, purpose-built drag racer will run a mid-eight-second quarter-mile at 150 mph.READ NOW
- RELATEDBritish Man Racks Up $45,000 in Speeding Tickets in 3 Hours in Lamborghini HuracanNot surprisingly, he and the rental car firm he borrowed the Lamborghini from are in a bit of a stand-off over the fines.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhoops! Spanish Eurofighter Jet Accidentally Fires An Air-To-Air Missile Over EstoniaIt's not clear yet if this was somehow a fault with the aircraft or pilot error, but it's not good either way.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Swedish Air Force Gripen Fighter Jet Just Literally Bombed A Forest FireOfficials decided to try this approach to help contain a fire spreading at a military training range that is threatening nearby communities.READ NOW