Mustang Driver Ticketed Going 92 MPH Arrested Going 142 MPH Same Day
She fought the law and...You know the rest.
An Iowa woman has been arrested in Nebraska following a police chase in which she was measured driving 142 miles per hour.
In the early hours of Saturday, deputies received word to watch for a speeding yellow 2018 Ford Mustang, and soon pulled over such a vehicle driven by a 31-year-old woman, a resident of Council Bluffs, Iowa according to Omaha World-Herald. The woman was ticketed for driving 92 mph in a 75-mph zone west of North Platte, Nebraska, which carries a $125 fine according to Driving Laws, and sent on her way. Rather than humble her driving, the woman reportedly took off rapidly, and was reportedly measured by the deputies' radar gun at 142 mph.
Deputies then gave chase, but the driver did not acknowledge the deputies' demand that she pull over. The chase ended when the woman stopped at a rest area, which allowed law enforcement to catch her, where she was arrested on suspicion of willful reckless driving, and locked up at Lincoln County Jail. It was not immediately clear whether her vehicle was impounded, though a search of the woman's Mustang revealed a substance alleged to be marijuana, which could impose additional charges on the woman. The fine for her second bout of speeding, if applied, could cost an additional $300, totaling $425 in fines for her two speeding offenses.
Police and Ford Mustang owners cross paths with some regularity, and the typical consequence is similar to that faced by the above Oklahoma resident: Speeding tickets, and possibly jail time. On occasion, the driver escapes, but fleeing the police is not only stupid and illegal, but also exceedingly dangerous. Even if you think you have the driving skills and the car to escape, don't try, because the cops might still have more under the hood than you do.
- RELATED2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: Aerodynamic Features Straight from the GT500Ford Performance worked with FIA WEC Driver Billy Johnson and Michelin to build the perfect car for both street and track.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 2 Group Review: Where Muscle Car Meets Track AttackerPacking a stiff MagneRide suspension, aggressive tires, and a 455-horsepower V-8, the PP2 Mustang shows just how far the pony car has come.READ NOW
- RELATEDShelby Will Build 10 More '67 Ford Mustang GT500 Super SnakesShelby's original GT500 Super Snake never went beyond the prototype stage, but the Super Snake will finally see super limited production of 10 units.READ NOW
- RELATEDMLB All-Star MVP Alex Bregman Wins New Chevrolet Camaro SS, Gives It to MomBregman knocked it out of the park, both in the game and in the 'Coolest Son' department.READ NOW
- RELATEDU.S. DOJ Wants Refund for Dodge Charger Hellcat Bought by Georgia Sheriff's DepartmentNot a bad company car, but the party's over for the Gwinnett County Sheriff.READ NOW