2019 Buick LaCrosse ST: Sport by Name
The full-sized sedan adds the Sport Touring trim to its lineup.
Year Make Model: The 2019 Buick LaCrosse Sport Touring hopes to appeal to a different demographic, particularly one that is younger and has deeper pockets.
Topline: The third generation LaCrosse made its world debut at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show. Buick's flagship isn't quite ready for a facelift yet and has opted to introduce a new trim to keep things fresh instead.
What's New: Buick is adding a sixth trim, Sport Touring, to the LaCrosse lineup. ST features color-keyed grille surround and side vents, as opposed to chrome on all other trims, a rear spoiler, mesh grille, and 19-inch aluminum wheels. Limited to just five exterior paint choices, pricing starts at $39,370, not including a $925 destination fee.
Quotable: “The LaCrosse ST emphasizes the importance of design, while also complementing the safety, refinement and technology of our flagship sedan,” said Phil Brook, vice president of Buick and GMC marketing.
What You Need to Know: Aesthetics is as far as the American carmaker is willing to go with LaCrosse ST. The foor-door uses the same 3.6-liter V6 available on other trims. This engine produces 310 horsepower and 282 pound-feet of torque. With the average LaCrosse customer's age being over 60, will this new trim be enough to sway families who aren't already pursuing a crossover? Stop by your local Buick dealership to decide for yourself—the 2019 LaCrosse is on sale now.
- RELATED2018 Buick Regal GS Review: A Sporty Chassis, Let Down By Its Drivetrain"A turbo, a turbo, my kingdom for a turbo. And maybe some paddle shifters."READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Buicks Will No Longer Say 'Buick' on ThemThe brand is hoping the tri-shield design that's been around since the '50s can speak for itself.READ NOW
- RELATEDJ.D. Powers: Buick and Lexus Rank at the Top of Dependable CarsStudy finds automotive industry overall improved 9 percent from 2017.READ NOW
- RELATEDSwanky Buick LaCrosse Avenir to Start at $45,795In classic Buick fashion, the Avenir subbrand offers a lot of luxury for the money.READ NOW
- RELATEDGeneral Motors Sticking With Sedans As Ford Kills Off Most Cars in North America"The segments are still significant," CEO Mary Barra told reporters.READ NOW