Watch Bruno Senna Blast Around a Racetrack in the McLaren Senna
The race car driver does his uncle Ayrton proud by flogging the car named after the legendary Formula 1 driver around a racetrack.
McLaren is touting the new Senna Ultimate Series hypercar as the most insane track-focused production car it's ever built, but we've hardly seen it travel around a track at more than a snail's pace, let alone set a lap record. While we'll have to wait for McLaren to put its money where its mouth is lap record-wise, some lucky people have already had a go in the car, including one of Ayrton Senna's nephews, Bruno Senna.
In a video uploaded by McLaren's YouTube channel, FIA World Endurance Championship driver and Ayrton's nephew is given command of the Senna's reins on a race track all to himself. Donning his iconic yellow and green helmet inspired by his uncle's headgear, Senna rips around the track at speeds only someone with the blood of a Brazilian race car driver could, and he has a lot to say after his fast lap.
"I waited a really long time for a road car to perform like a race car, and this is it, this is the real deal," Senna explains. "It's literally the most brutal, fastest road car I've ever driven. I couldn't believe it."
From the car's ultra-sensitive steering to its ability to stop on a dime (or as he calls it, "like a single-seater"), McLaren may have built the most hardcore road car yet, and now it has the approval of the family it takes its name from.
- RELATEDMcLaren Senna and Ayrton Senna's Formula 1 Car Christen McLaren's New Production FacilityThe two high-performance cars did donuts to inaugurate the second ever McLaren production center in the U.K.READ NOW
- RELATEDTrack-Only McLaren Senna GTR Concept Unveiled, Costs $1.4 MillionThis is the fastest McLaren you can buy outside of an F1 car, boasting more power than the standard Senna and 2,200 pounds of downforce.READ NOW
- RELATEDRacing Champ Ayrton Senna's Former Racing Suit Headed to AuctionAyrton Senna's legendary Lotus-Honda racing suit will be auctioned in Monaco without a reserve.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out This McLaren Special Operations Carbon Fiber SennaMcLaren talks special themed editions and new wheel options for its Geneva-bound hypercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDAyrton Senna's Final Monaco-Winning McLaren Sold For $5 MillionThe McLaren MP4/8A with which Formula 1 legend Ayrton Senna won his final Monaco Grand Prix landed on the auction block, and bidding took off.READ NOW