Chevrolet Is Offering Big Discounts to People Who Own Cars from Every Asian Brand in America
It's called "conquest cash" for a reason, after all.
Last month, we here at The Drive highlighted Chevrolet's attempts at pulling buyers away from performance rivals by knocking up to $15,000 off the price of a brand-new Corvette. But now the automaker has a different enemy in its sights; Chevy, as it turns out is offering a substantial discount to owners of every Asian car brand in America.
Appropriately known as "conquest cash" in the sales business, the $2,500 incentive is available for buyers who own a Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, Scion, Suzuki, Isuzu, or Daewoo. (Yes, Daewoo.) The only catch is that the car must be from model year 1999 or newer.
While $2,500 might not sound like a whole lot, it can be applied to any car or truck (base models excluded) and stacked on other available discounts, including the substantial Flex Cash program that provided the bulk of the big Corvette price cut in February. And you don't even have to trade in your qualifying vehicle, according to Cars Direct.
Sales across the industry have plateaued or fallen this year, so it's no surprise that Chevy would take such an aggressive approach in targeting its Japanese and Korean rivals. The automaker is also offering a slightly-less-sweet discount for owners of a whole host of other brands, including all domestic manufacturers, supercar makers like Ferrari and Lamborghini, and discontinued oddballs like Fisker, Panoz, and Saab.
- RELATEDYou Can Get a Screaming Deal on a New Chevrolet Corvette Right NowHow's a $15,000 discount sound?READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Car Sales Continuing to Fall, Analysts SayCox Automotive economist says it'll be the weakest February sales period since 2015.READ NOW
- RELATEDAuto-Sales Slide Continues in FebruaryThe car industry is coming off of 'unsustainably' high sales and incentives in 2018, analysts say.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Want To Be A Car Dealer? Trust Me. You Don’t!Selling used cars is a bitch. Especially when you spend the day dealing with bastards.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Old Abandoned Subaru Dealership Is Full of Pristine Time Capsule CarsThat XT deserves better.READ NOW