Check out These Restored Supercars Straight From Lamborghini
Lamborghini's Polo Storico branch meticulously restores a Miura and Countach for the classic car show in Paris.
Those attending the Salon Rétromobile classic car show in Paris are in for a treat, as Lamborghini will present two of its professionally-restored vintage supercars at the event. The brand's restoration arm, Polo Storico, is bringing a right-hand drive Countach LP400 and Miura P400 to the show, which will be on display Feb. 7-11.
Polo Storico completed the 1967 Miura P400's restoration last August, which took 10 months. Lambo's classic car specialists carefully refinished the car in its original Verde Scandal (light green) exterior color, mended the interior and restored the Testa di Moro (brown) dashboard. The car also had its cooling, electrical, and brake systems serviced.
This Miura, chassis #3264, went on to participate in the first Concours d' Elegance hosted by Lamborghini in September and took first place in the Miura P400 category.
The 1976 Countach LP400, chassis #1120204, on the other hand, isn't quite finished. Polo Storico took the entire car apart and is in the process of sourcing original spare parts for it. The Countach is also having its Tabacco interior restored, and will soon be repainted in its original yellow exterior color.
Speaking of spare parts, Lamborghini will also present its new 4.0-liter V12 engine head project at Salon Rétromobile. Polo Storico is working to reproduce parts for Lamborghini's classic 12-cylinder engines to be able to provide spare parts for owners that are historically accurate. To do this, Lambo has taken apart and studied a number of its original V12s, and also looked at 1965 engine design drawings.
The word "thorough" doesn't begin to describe how meticulous Lamborghini is being with these restorations.
This is just a taste of what Polo Storico is working on. Lamborghini also says it has a Diablo, Islero, Jarama, Espada, and LM002 in the garage.
- RELATEDThis Immaculate Lamborghini Miura Is the Star of UK's Salon PrivéThis is the best bedroom-wall poster supercar, according to UK's Concours d'Elegance.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis $1.5 Million Lamborghini Miura S Is an Actual Barn FindIt's still got a 1971 Rolling Stones tape in the deck.READ NOW
- RELATEDUltra Rare Lamborghini Countach Listed on eBay for $1.1 MillionIt was reportedly even inspected by Valentino Balboni.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to This Lamborghini Jalpa RoarOne of Lamborghini's forgotten beasts speaks out in this amazing video courtesy of Hagerty.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Final Lamborghini Reventon Ever Built Is up for Sale for $1.7MThis fighter jet-inspired supercar is number 20 of just 20 built.READ NOW