Did the Dodge Demon Help the Challenger Beat Mustang and Camaro in June Sales?
The Challenger beat the Mustang and Camaro for the first time in seven years....right after the Demon debuted. Coincidence?
Over the years the Dodge Challenger has lived in the shadow of the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro—at last, as far as sales numbers are concerned. However, the literal heavyweight of the modern-day muscle car world has continually gained traction in the market over the last few years, with new variants like the Scat Pack, SRT 392, Hellcat, and even the AWD GT rolling out one after another.
Still, the recent launch of the insane 840-horsepower, 2.3-second-0-to-60-mph Challenger Demon has given the Challenger some serious light in circles that might not have been aware of Dodge's two-door muscle car. It is hard to go on the automotive circles of the Internet or turn the page of a car magazine without seeing a picture of a Dodge Challenger, thanks to the Demon—and according to June 2017 sales numbers, all that marketing has seemingly paid off. For the first time in seven years, the Dodge Challenger has outsold the Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang. According to Torque News, June muscle car sales figures went: 6,186 Ford Mustangs, 4,691 Chevrolet Camaros, and 6,605 Dodge Challengers. As you can clearly see, the Dodge Challenger beat the other two contenders—with a comfortable amount of padding to boot.
As far as year-to-date is concerned, it's a different story: Ford has sold 55,608 Mustangs, Chevrolet has sold 36,567 Camaros, and Dodge has sold 35,910 Challengers. So what changed by June? Well, the Demon. Considering the massive amount of press it received around the drag monster's launch...it looks the Dodge Challenger may have received a needed sales boost from the possible halo effects of the Demon.
- RELATED2018 Ford Mustang GT Might Rev to a Screaming 7,500 RPMFord's reworked 5.0-liter V8 for the Mustang GT seems to have a few tricks up its sleeve.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody Is a Cheaper Dodge DemonA raid on the Demon parts bin yields a worthy prize.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Posts Blazing 7:16.04 Nurburgring Lap TimeIs it even fair to call it a muscle car anymore if it's quicker than a Ferrari 488 GTB?READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Mustang Shelby GT350 Stars in British Girl Group Little Mix's New Music VideoThe Shelby joins Perrie, Jesy, Jade, and Leigh-Anne as a certified member of Little Mix.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger SRT Demon Orders Open TodayYou can finally grab that pile of cash from underneath your mattress and run into your local Dodge dealer screaming "take my money!"READ NOW