Dodge May Be Making A Widebody Challenger SRT Hellcat After All
The real question is, will it be all-wheel-drive?
A while back The Drive mentioned that a widebody Dodge Challenger Hellcat may be making it to market, but we were unable to confirm any production. Then the Dodge challenger SRT Demon came around and everyone seemed to forget about the widebody Hellcat. The Demon already had the widebody design but also had 840 horsepower and performance numbers (0-60 mph in 2.1 seconds) to wake the dead so naturally most people forgot about the Hellcat.
Now that we have gotten our fair share of Demon news, it is time to turn out attention back to the possible widebody Hellcat. As you can see in recent photos obtained by Autoblog, the Dodge may have plans to produce a widebody (or AWD) Hellcat. Although we have a tough time grasping an AWD Hellcat, we are quicky reminded how FCA has already mastered the AWD 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 with the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Now that FCA has made it clear they are able to put 707 horsepower to the ground via all four wheels, the options are limitless.
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat hit 60 mph in around 3.5 seconds, if FCA were to give the Challenger Hellcat AWD, we wouldn't be surprised if it hit 60 mph in 3 second flat. Still, we do not know for sure what Dodge's plans are or if this spy shot truly means anything. Heck, it could be as simple as a widebody option for the regular Hellcat.
- RELATEDWidebody Dodge Challenger ACR Spotted and Audi Unveils the RS3 LMS: The Evening RushPlus, a super-efficient bonfire and hiking boots from Danner.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Much Would You Pay for a 'Totaled' Dodge Challenger Hellcat?In other words...how much would you pay for a 707 horsepower engine and some crumpled metal?READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Are The Seven Best Exhaust Systems For The Dodge Challenger HellcatThese seven exhaust videos will leave you deaf and grinning.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 9-Second Dodge Charger Hellcat Is Ready to Slay the DemonWe imagine that poor Corvette owner was pretty shocked.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Dodge Challenger Hellcat Hit Seventh Gear in A BurnoutAs the age of Demons draws near, a reminder of the Hellcat's power.READ NOW