FCA Released Recap Video of Its 2017 New York Auto Show Debuts
Between the Dodge Demon and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, it's clear FCA didn't come to make friends.
It’s no secret FCA had a successful two press days at the 2017 New York International Auto Show, but to really drive the point home, the carmaker has just released a recap video showing off its wares.
First off, FCA debuted the ferocious Dodge Challenger SRT Demon with its 840-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter V-8. From the moment the vehicle debuted amongst a massive burnout on stage to the crowd on Thursday, everyone couldn’t stop ogling the beastly muscle car. Dodge also debuted the wild Dodge Durango SRT. Powered by the brand's naturally-aspirated 6.4-liter V-8, this sporty family hauler comes with 475 horsepower and enough oomph to get to grandma’s before she even remembers you are coming.
Then FCA switched over to Jeep and unveiled the “practical” Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Trackhawk, with the same supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 found under the hood of the Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat models. However, one glaring difference over previous Hellcat-powered vehicles (aside from being an SUV) is the Trackhawk’s all-wheel-drive drivetrain. Thanks to that increased traction, the Trackhawk is able to sprint to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds and blast through the quarter mile in 11.6 seconds.
Things cooled off a little over at Ram Trucks, but FCA still unveiled some new colors. The Ram 1500 Sport Sublime and Ram Rebel Blue Streak made their debut. Both vehicles have strictly cosmetic alterations (accept for the Sublime’s 22-inch wheels), but FCA expects they will grab the attention of the Ram enthusiast.
Long story short: FCA had a great showing at this year’s New York International Auto Show.
- RELATEDThe Dodge Demon is Actually Banned by the NHRA Because of SafetyIt's cool to talk about, but what about the people who want to take the car to the track?READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's The SRT Dodge Demon 'Mini Demon Crate'No performance upgrades here, but this nifty box holds all the performance figures for the Demon.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Dodge Durango SRT Do a Massive Four-Wheel-Drive BurnoutDodge went to the trouble of filming it. So you might as well watch it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Is 707-HP of All-Wheel-Drive Hellcat SUVIt launches from standstill to 60 MPH in 3.5 seconds.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Set to Debut at New York Auto ShowFCA is doubling down at NYIAS with the Trackhawk and the Dodge Challenger Demon.READ NOW