New Koenigsegg Agera RS1 Takes a Bow at New York Auto Show
The latest from Koenigsegg is part of a 25-car Agera RS run.
Just today, Koenigsegg has taken off the wraps on its newest Agera model, called the RS1, at the New York International Auto Show. Sporting an Arctic White paint scheme, the RS1 was commissioned by an American owner and his son, both of whom worked closely with Koenigsegg to pick out every detail on the car.
The Arctic White paint is accented by black side intakes, a black stripe that runs over the roof of the car, and blue canards, calipers, and side strakes. The blue theme continues on in the interior of the car mostly everywhere, including the seats, dashboard, and door handles, which are all cloaked in alcantara. The pieces that aren't in blue alcantara are bare carbon fiber.
The visuals match the RS1's performance, too. The mid-mounted 5.0-liter V-8 produces 1,360hp and 1,011 lb-ft of torque, which gets sent through a seven-speed single-clutch automatic and straight to the rear wheels. Koenigsegg claims a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds and a theoretical top speed of 273 mph, which is plenty to keep every hypercar at bay. Keeping that power in check is Koenigsegg's own traction and stability control systems, which, like the majority of the car, are developed in-house.
If you can't make it to the New York International Auto Show, take a look at what the RS1 looks like below.
- RELATEDKoenigsegg Has a Four-Year Waiting ListYou've got to have as much patience as you do money.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo: Koenigsegg Agera RS ML Has Engine Problems in MilanNot what you want to see from your million dollar baby.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Koenigsegg Agera R Spank a Ferrari 458 From a DigThis will show you the difference between a supercar and a hypercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDKoenigsegg Claims One:1 Hypercar is Capable of a 6:40 Nurburgring Lap Time"If we really push and hang our balls out, this is a 6:40 car." -Christian Von KoenigseggREAD NOW
- RELATEDKoenigsegg Reveals Regera Customer CarsKoenigsegg's given us a glimpse of two Regera customer cars before Geneva, and, unsurprisingly, they're gorgeous.READ NOW