2017 Nissan GT-R Track Edition to Debut at New York Auto Show in April
The Nissan GT-R Track Edition will sit between the GT-R Premium and GT-R NISMO in the sports car lineup.
Nissan has announced they will be debuting its new GT-R Track Edition at the 2017 New York Auto Show. Although all the 2017 Nissan GT-Rs have undergone serious upgrades for this model year, the carmaker has also opted to add a third version of the GT-R.
The Track Edition will be positioned between the GT-R Premium and GT-R NISMO, and will use the same 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V-6, making 565 horsepower and 467 lb-ft of torque. However, the Track Edition will get a titanium exhaust as standard equipment, as well as a more aggressive front bumper, carbon fiber wing, reinforced hood and NISMO wheels. To further improve handling, the Track Edition will also get four-wheel independent suspension tuned by NISMO. No word on performance numbers for the GT-R Track Edition; that said, it seems safe to assume it will handle a little better than the Premium, but won’t oust the NISMO edition as the pinnacle of GT-R performance.
Nissan has stated the GT-R Track Edition will start at $127,990, and arrive in late summer 2017. Exact production figures are unknown, but we do know Nissan will be making these Godzillas to order.
- RELATEDWatch The AMS Alpha G Nissan GT-R Set The World's First AWD 6-Second Quarter Mile At TX2K17Watch the AMS Performance's 2,500-HP Nissan GT-R become the world's quickest AWD in a quarter mile.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a 2,500-HP Nissan GT-R Drag Car Hit 248 MPH in a Half MileDid this car just set a new record?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 Turbo Takes On Acura NSX & Nissan GT-RDrivetribe compares the three supercars on the dyno, in a drag race, and at the race track. So, which is best?READ NOW
- RELATEDFighting Cancer With a 700-hp Nissan GT-RHow Andrew Lee turned his diagnosis, and his car, into an incredible charity venture.READ NOW
- RELATEDSupercharged Nitrous Corvette Versus Tuned Nissan GT-R: Who Wins?When the tuned cars come out to play, all bets are off.READ NOW