Someone Dropped a Dodge Hellcat Engine into a Ram Pickup
707 horsepower in a truck? Yes, please.
The most aggressive truck currently offered in the Ram family is the 410-horsepower Ram Power Wagon Laramie. It's a fine machine, but it's no Hellcat. Thankfully, someone decided to bring a Ram pickup with a 707-hp Dodge Hellcat motor under the hood into the world.
The truck, which we first found through SRTLIFE, is a Ram 1500 with smoked headlights, Hellcat badges, black-and-red-painted wheels, a cold-air intake, and, of course, that mental, supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat V8. The truck was built by Midland Dodge in Ontario, Canada, at the request of a customer. On Facebook, the dealership notes they plant to install a carbon-fiber driveshaft and a lowering kit as well. From the pics, the build looks incredibly clean, and the engine appears to fit almost perfectly under the hood of the truck.
For now, the only cars that can be bought with the Hellcat engine from the factory are the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger. The Jeep Grand Cherokee will also soon be graced with Hellcat treatment sometime next year.
At the time of writing, the dealership's Facebook post featuring the custom truck has over 640 shares and over 400 reactions. Hey, FCA: Maybe the Ram ought to be next on the list of models to receive Hellcat treatment? It would surely make us happy and probably a few readers, too.
- RELATEDA Chrysler Pacifica SRT Hellcat Minivan Would SlayFCA designer's Instagram tease is cruel and brilliant.READ NOW
- RELATEDFive Cars We Wish Fiat-Chrysler Would Hellcat“Hellcat” is a verb now, so we should use it more often. Like right now.READ NOW
- RELATEDCadillac May Go Compact, While Ford Cooks Up a Hellcat Competitor: The Evening RushPlus, a drone that loves taking selfies and tasty suds from Revolution Brewing Company.READ NOW
- RELATEDHellcat-Powered Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Caught Nearly NakedSpy shots show the SUV appears almost ready for production.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Wrangler Trailcat Has Hellcat Engine, Viper Seats, Manual GearboxStretched out, chopped down, and ready to kick nature’s ass.READ NOW