The Worst Kept Secret In NorCal Porsche Gatherings
The monthly Porsche cars & coffee event at EASY in Emeryville has gotten massive
Last weekend we attended the first real European Auto Salvage Yard cars & coffee event of the year. They tried one last month, but the rain held most of the attendees at bay. This time, however, it seems like everyone and their brother showed up. There was a time, long since passed, when you could roll up at 8AM, get premium parking among a couple dozen cars. It was a lightly attended gathering of like-minded enthusiasts that has since ballooned into an entire street packed to the gills, and lots of cool stuff parking in the overflow.
EASY, the business itself, may not be much longer for the world as the owner, Jim, has decided it may be time to retire. He has assured us, however, that the show will continue even after the shop is gone. That's one of his stipulations for selling the building, one supposes.
Here's a quick photo essay to give you an idea of what the show is actually like to attend. Gorgeous vintage and new Porsches parked in any crack or crevice you can fit a Porsche in. First Saturday every month, be there.
- RELATED4th Annual Air-Cooled Porsche Celebration Luftgekühlt Will Be on May 7, 2017Start packing your bags (and oil) for Patrick Long's giant celebration of air-cooled Porsches.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Loves Driving The LuftAuto 911 Off RoadJay Talks LuftAuto with Porsche's Pat Long and car owner Eli KoganREAD NOW
- RELATED20 Photographic Highlights of the Luftgekuhlt Porsche Show450 perfect vintage Porsches, and not a water pump on the lot.READ NOW
- RELATEDCommuting In An Old Aircooled PorscheThis morning on my way out the door, I decided to pick up the 912E keys. It was the right decision.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche South Bay Opens First West Coast Porsche Classic FacilityThe fourth Porsche Classic center in the country is also the first one on the west coast.READ NOW