This Guy Wants To Trade His Island For A Porsche 918 Spyder
If you have a 918 Spyder and you are looking for a private island, you might be in luck!
If you have one of Porsche's super exclusive hybrid Hypercars, but you're getting a little tired of it and would like to trade it for something, one Florida man may have the out you're looking for. The 918 Spyder sold new for just over eight-hundred grand, and maybe you figure that's about what you'd like to pay for an undeveloped private three acre island in Port Orange, Florida. Lucky for you, because that's the exact trade this listing is proposing over on RacingJunk.com. It seems a bit optimistic to me on the part of the island-seller, as 918 Spyders have been trading hands for over one million dollars basically since production ended. Then again, it's always wise to keep in mind the old P.T. Barnum-ism, " There's a sucker born every minute".
Playing advocate for the devil, I'll simply ask what's so great about a 918 Spyder? It's just a car. A car that looks as exciting as a rocket to the moon. A car that sprints from zero to sixty faster than you can read this sentence. A car that makes use of exotic materials and precision hand-crafting to demolish nearly every other car ever built in nearly any metric. An island, however, is an island. What do you say, are you game to trade your 918 for this island? Sadly there is just the one photograph of the property, so who knows if it's actually as nice as it appears. Secondary question, who knew you could buy your own island for approximately $850,000?
- RELATEDDubai Police Add Porsche 918 Spyder to FleetBecause the Veyron cop car was getting lonely.READ NOW
- RELATEDLaFerrari vs. 918 Spyder vs. P1 vs. Veyron vs. HuayraThe mother of all hypercar shootouts.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Recalls Every 918 Spyder Over Two ScrewsIn Porsche's defense, they are rather important screws.READ NOW
- RELATEDUtah Man Steals Porsche 918 Spyder Off Showroom Floor—In Broad DaylightIf you're gonna commit grand theft auto, might as well pretend you're playing Grand Theft Auto.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Rimac's Electric Hypercar Demolish a Porsche 918 In a Drag RaceThe Croatian electric sports car destroys the best of what internal-combustion has to offer.READ NOW