911R Versus Carrera GT: Which Is The Best Investment?
911R have been trading hands on the secondary market for nearly a million dollars. For that money, you can reasonably get a Carrera GT. Which is the better buy?
Over on TheSUPERCARDRIVER YouTube channel, they are chatting about the ups and downs of a 911R, and whether or not a Carrera GT might be a better buy for the same or similar money. While 911Rs were sold initially at just about $190,000, only 991 of them were built, and you basically needed to own a 918 Spyder to get first crack at one. Porsche hasn't even finished delivering 911Rs to buyers, and they've already inflated in value about 700%. If you weren't one of the lucky 991 to buy in at MSRP, you'll quickly find out that 911Rs are now trading for nearly a million dollars. So, if you're looking for a driving experience and an investment opportunity, which of these two cars do you buy? Which one is more special? Which one will continue to increase in value? Which one will you want to own for a while?
This video examins this very connundrum from the perspectives of two owners, one with a gorgeous GT Silver Metallic CGT and one with a newly-purchased 911R. I know which one I'd pick, what about you?
[Source: The Supercar Driver on YouTube]
- RELATEDWatch a Porsche Carrera GT Do Donuts and Burnouts GaloreTime to make the donuts.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Runs the Nurburgring As Fast As the Carrera GTWe have trouble believing you, Porsche. You should let us try it for ourselves.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW
- RELATED$1 Million Porsche 911 Rs and an Insane Warranty From Genesis: The Evening RushPlus, another rad offroad trailer and adventure shorts from Ball & Buck.READ NOW
- RELATED20 Photographic Highlights of the Luftgekuhlt Porsche Show450 perfect vintage Porsches, and not a water pump on the lot.READ NOW