This Is Your Chance To Own An 80s Porsche Icon
Porsche's 959 supercar is an icon of 80s style and speed. If you've been looking for one, check out RM/Sotheby's Duemila Ruote sale next month. Now is your chance to own one!
Porsche's 959 supercar is an icon of 80s style and speed. If you've been looking for one, check out RM/Sotheby's Duemila Ruote sale next month, where WP0ZZZ95ZJS900133 will cross the block. With only a few hundred 959s produced in the late 1980s, it isn't every day that one comes up for auction. There have been a few for sale here and there throughout the year, but it's always worth celebrating when one comes out of hiding.
Originally delivered to Padua in July of 1988, this 959 has remained in an Italian collection its entire life, and accumulated just 29,200 Kilometers (18,144 miles) in all that time. The car is presented in its original paint, meticulously cared for black leather interior, and original unmolested drivetrain (engine number 65H00200). RM/Sotheby's has not yet listed a pre-auction estimate, though one is expected as the auction approaches.
Where Ferrari's F40 used brute force and light weight to achieve 200 miles per hour in the 1980s, Porsche used poise, finesse, aerodynamic mastery, and turbochargers to achieve the same. If you so choose, this would be an excellent car for long Grand Touring-style cross country road trips. Who doesn't need a low-mile 80s super car for their next long drive? Whatever you do, no matter how tempting it may be, please don't stick it in a collection never to be seen again. That would be an undeniably sad existence.
RM/Sotheby's Duemila Ruote sale takes place during the events of Milano Autoclassica in Milan, Italy between November 25th and 27th. For more information and pictures visit rmsothebys.com.
- RELATEDA Porsche 959 Prototype, the Ultimate Eighties Hero, Is for SaleThis twin-turbo deity is yours—for $1.7 million.READ NOW
- RELATEDYes, This Is a Porsche 959 ConvertibleIt's not a replica. And it's for sale.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Could Afford Half of a Porsche 959Actually, probably not.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Choice Picks From This Year's Best Porsche AuctionTractors, coat racks, race-ready kit, unobtanium 911s. It’s all here.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ferrari F40 Rallying Up a Ski Slope in Glorious FashionIt's good to be rich, crazy, and have friends at Red Bull's video team.READ NOW