This 1973 Porsche 911T Project on Bring a Trailer Lives Up to the Site's Name
This will be a huge undertaking for the brave winning bidder.
So, we've got good news and bad news. The good news is, there’s a numbers-matching 1973 Porsche 911T on Bring a Trailer right now and the bidding is at less than $10,000 as of this Tuesday morning writing. The bad news is that it's currently in about one million pieces.
The 911T was the base model of the Porsche 911 at the time. For the purists among air-cooled Porsche enthusiasts, that’s a good thing. It has a 2.4-liter flat-six engine that made 130 horsepower when it was new. The engine in this Porsche, in particular, is equipped with a set of Zenith 40TIN carburetors and is mated to a 915 five-speed manual transmission. This project car was originally Signal Yellow with a black and corduroy interior.
It’s made clear in the pictures in the listing that this Porsche is in very rough shape. It’s been disassembled and has been sitting in storage for “at least 20 years” under the ownership of the same family since the early 1990s. This is a RoW car, which in Porsche parlance, means “rest of the world.” It’s the car that the rest of the world got outside of the U.S. In the case of the 1973 911T, the U.S. model actually made 10 horsepower more than the RoW model, thanks to fuel injection.
The lucky winner will get the car in pieces with a lot of work ahead of them. Hopefully, it’s won by someone with the time, skill, and resources necessary to return this 911T to its former glory. If you’re interested, it comes with a Porsche certificate of authenticity, factory workshop manuals, and a clear Tennessee title.
- RELATEDThis Old Porsche 911T Is A Minimalist Dream CarWhy suffer through vintage Italian car ownership when you can have a pair of faultless Porsches?READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche-Only Auction To Feature Peter Gregg & Hurley Haywood Racing SuitsAlso available; dealership signage, engines, road car and racing memorabilia, and twenty-six cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T Is a Lightweight 911 Made for PuristsFeast your eyes on the lightest 911 on sale today.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Guy Shoot Skeet From His Porsche 911A high-powered shotgun and a classic Porsche 911 Targa? Yes please.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Turbo-Powered Porsche 911 SC A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing?Can any Porsche 911 truly be a sleeper?READ NOW