Drive Wire for December 1st, 2016: Ferrari Auctions Off LaFerrari For A Good Cause
The 500th LaFerrari proceeds will aid the Central Italy earthquake victims.
Today on Drive Wire Ferrari makes an exception and produces one more LaFerrari for a good cause.
Rather than keeping the LaFerrari production number at 499, Ferarri has decided to auction off a bespoke LeFerrari to aid the victims of the central Italy earthquakes. With over 300 dead and 100,000 homeless, Ferrari recognizes the people of Italy need their help.
RM Sotheby’s Chairman & CEO Rob Myers said, “The earthquakes which have struck Central Italy this year devastated the lives of thousands of people, and the money raised by the sale of this LaFerrari could not be put to a better use,”
The one-off Ferrari will have custom livery, a unique interior and plenty of other goodies signifying its importance and rarity.
Just to be clear, the LaFerrari will have all the same mechanical features as all the other Ferraris like the monsterous 949 horsepower hybrid engine.
The big event will be hosted by RM Sotheby’s and will take place at the Ferrari Finali Mondiali in Daytona Beach this Saturday, December 3rd.
That’s it for Drive Wire on December 1st, 2016. I’m Eric Goeres; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 30th, 2016: Lucid Motors To Build In ArizonaThe company will break ground on the $700 million facility next year, start building cars in 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 30th, 2016: Porsche Hopes to Sell 20,000 Mission E Electric Cars a YearThe guys in Stuttgart are shooting high with their upcoming Tesla fighter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 29th, 2016: Jeep Plans Six More Wrangler Special EditionsBecause who doesn't love a good special edition?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 28th, 2016: Callaway Is Already Planning To Supercharge The Camaro ZL1Because 640hp is just not enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 25, 2016: Half of all Jaguar Land Rover Models Will Be Hybrid or Electric by 2020CEO Dr. Ralf Speth made the announcement at the Los Angeles Auto Show.READ NOW