Drive Wire for November 17th, 2016: What Has Debuted at the L.A. Auto Show So Far.
See everything from a mid-engined Porsche to a NISMO Sentra.
Today on Drive Wire we’re bringing you some of the cooler debuts from the Los Angeles Auto Show.
First, the Mercedes-Maybach S650 Cabriolet. This is the first ever Cabriolet Maybach. The S650 will be powered by AMG’s famous 6.0 liter V12 and will produce 621 horsepower. Only 300 cars will be made globally and a mere 75 will come stateside.
Next we have the brand new mid-engine Porsche 911 RSR GT. This features a naturally aspirated 4.0 liter flat-six that will crank out 510 horsepower. Expect to see the RSR make its first official race debut at the 24 hours of Daytona in January.
Mazda unveiled a new crossover, the handsome 2017 Mazda CX-5. Completely redesigned, the new CX-5 looks strikingly similar to the CX-9, but it works well. The 2017 model year will have three engine options, the 2.0 liter skyactiv, 2.5 liter skyactiv and, for the first time in the States, a 2.2 liter-diesel.
If you’re a Star Wars fan, the Nissan debuted the Rogue One. It’s really a Rogue SV with Star Wars badging, decals, Star Wars oriented exterior color scheme including a black grille and wheels, and many other trilogy-themed goodies.
Truck fans will appreciate Chevy’s new ZR2 Colorado. Equipped with a 2.8 liter Duramax diesel engine, 3 and a half inch widened stance, and Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve shocks, offroaders are already chomping at the bit to get ahold of this offroad monster.
NISMO is spicing up the Nissan Sentra by giving it a 188 horsepower 1.6 liter turbocharged four-cylinder. It’ll be available in a 6-speed manual transmission, too.
Hyundai’s new Genesis G80 3.3 liter Sport Trim proves the brand is coming into their own. This twin-turbocharged 3.3 liter V6 sedan packs 365 horsepower and 376 pound feet of torque. A continuous damping control suspension means sporty maneuvers without sacrificing comfort.
Last, but not least, the Aston Martin Vanquish S. Based off the Super GT, the Vanquish S is powered by a naturally aspirated 6.0 liter V12 good for 591 horsepower. Also included? A carbon fiber front splitter and rear diffuser.
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 16th, 2016: GM Finally Reveals the Chevy Colorado ZR2It's as if Chevy knows what we have been dreaming about.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 16, 2016: Man In Mustang Doing 208 MPH Arrested in OklahomaHow did this even happen?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 15, 2016: Our Best Look At the Mid-Engined Porsche 911 RSRThe German race car will be officially unveiled this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 14, 2016: The 2018 Audi A5 Will Offer a Manual TransmissionWe're safe for another year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 14, 2016: BMW Wants to Sell 100,000 Electric Cars and Hybrids Next YearThat's a big jump up from 2016.READ NOW