Drive Wire For November 10, 2016: President Donald Trump Will Roll Up to the White House in a Brand New Cadillac
It'll be the latest stage in a lengthy relationship between the billionaire and the brand.
Hey there. Devin Altieri here for Drive Wire on November 10th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: The President Elect, Donald Trump, will get a brand new Cadillac limousine when he is inaugurated on January 20th, 2017.
The new Caddy, called "The Beast," will reportedly combine the front facade of the Escalade and the body will be built on a modified heavy-duty pickup truck chassis. The interior will likely be close in design to Obama's current beast, with two frontwards facing seats at the back of the car and three rearwards facing behind the driver bulkhead. It will also come with a battery of communications equipment and, like every presidential vehicle, a heavy dose of protective armor.
Cadillac has long been the provider of presidential state cars. It's a natural fit, as Trump has actually had a relationship with the brand for many years. He first courted Cadillac in 1988 to build a fleet of super-opulent limousines to charter guests from New York City to his properties in Atlantic City, New Jersey. These cars never materialized, however, as Trump reneged on his promise to buy all 50 produced.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 10th, 2016. I’m Devin Altieri ; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 9, 2016: NASA Report Indicates Emdrive Actually WorksBut there is a lot of explaining to do.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 9, 2016: Airbus's Project Vahana May Reduce Congested CommutingWho would say no to a self-flying quadcopter on demand?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 8, 2016: The Grand Tour Destroyed 27 Cars and Drove 1.4 Billion MilesSo claims a hyperbolic Jeremy Clarkson in the latest trailer.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 7, 2016: Kurdish Man Uses His Bulletproof BMW to Save Dozens from ISIS AttackBMW reportedly offered to give him a brand-new car in exchange for his bullet-ravaged old one.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 7, 2016: Ford Says 2017 F-150 Raptor Orders Are Coming In FastThe truck is also proving exceedingly popular on Ford's website.READ NOW